Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3g internet connection not working since the delivery on the 10th aug 2016!! please someone help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey guys just got my model s delivered on the 10th aug 2016 but since day one the 3g/lte connection not working on the car and called up the tesla service hotline and they don't have any clue whats happening.. suggested a few tips like system reset holding the 2 scroll buttons and upgrading the firmware.. so connected the system using my mobile hotspot... but nothing seems to help.. the 3g/lte connection still not working.. the service centre said they have downloaded the logs from the car and they are working on it....

any suggestions guys or maybe how to check whether there is sim card actually installed because maybe they must have forgotten to install the sim card i suspect.

awaiting your response, suggestions... thanks in advance.

If the reset does not work, I would be heading to the service center and getting them to fix it.

BTW, it it's connected to WiFi, or your cell phone Hotspot the 3G/LTE will never connect. I would make sure you are out of range of your WiFi or tell it to forget the connection then wait and see if it will connect to 3G/LTE

I had the same problem when my car was delivered.

Try this:
Disconnect everything from the center armrest USB ports.
Apply the brakes throughout the entire procedure.
Press and hold the steering wheel roller buttons until the screen resets.
Press and hold the steering wheel upper buttons until the dashboard resets.
Reset the screens a second time.
Obviously, turn off wifi to test the cellular connection.
Good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: Austin Powers