Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Clear Bra, full front wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I was getting a deal on a full front rap (bumper, full hood and full front fenders) for $1300. However when i picked up the vehicle I could see the wrap on everything as the edges were not wrapped and you can see the wrap edge approximately 1/8" from all edges. My biggest concern is with the hood leading edge being exposed.

I guess it is my fault for assuming the edges would be wrapped.

What are the thoughts of others who have had 3M wraps already done.

Thanks in advance.

Mine was full front. Bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors. Cost $500 for the precut film and paid my vinyl guy that has never done them $250 to install. Everything looks pretty good couple areas with a grain or two of sand but for $750 I can’t complain.

Depends on the brand but you can either go to invisible mask or go straight to a dealer and just have them cut them for you. My kit online was around $900 but I had my wrap guy call and become a dealer and that discount brought it down to $500. All dealers have access to the CNC files for almost every car. Another option is that you can go straight to xpel or 3m for the kits.

I am having the XPEL applied to my front bumper, full hood and rockers. My technician will wrap the edges as opposed to leaving that 1/8" edge which cannot be good. My application for that will be $1500. Then I will have Opti Coat reapplied to those areas. Should've had the XPEL done first, obviously.

Reactions: XPEL
Thought I was getting a deal on a full front rap (bumper, full hood and full front fenders) for $1300. However when i picked up the vehicle I could see the wrap on everything as the edges were not wrapped and you can see the wrap edge approximately 1/8" from all edges. My biggest concern is with the hood leading edge being exposed.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately in this industry, many of the new to moderately new installers are giving the best pricing because they are looking for the experience...in essence using customer cars as guinea pigs. The PPF industry is very saturated now, with very few companies that have the actual installation experience that they claim. In the end this affects the car owner as they may not be getting the quality installation that they thought they are getting....especially if the you are the type that is picky about your car.

Most installers now use "Pre-cut kits" or "Customized Pre-cut kits", in essence they are the same thing, except for a little more wrapped edges. These kits, especially the bumper normally comes in multiple pieces of film and have joining edges. This is where the experience of the installers make the most difference for the final outcome of the installation. The following pictures illustrates what Paint Protection Film can look like. This was done by us via our 100% Signature Custom Installation. No pre-cut kits were used. All edges wrapped....and in particular...the bumper was done with 1 piece of film, and does not have the joining seams that you will find in Pre-Cut kits. The entire bumper is covered edge to edge and all edges, hood and fenders have all edges and corners wrapped without the pre-cut notches, overhanging excess film or wrinkles, and virtually no adhesive distortions.

If you are in our neck of the woods and would like a second opinion or for us to access the work for you, feel free to give us a call or drop by to see the difference.

01.jpg
02.jpg
05.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg
09.jpg
11.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Yes, The best shops wrap edges where possible (partial or full hood edges, partial or full fenders into the engine compartment and wheel wells when possible). The other areas are difficult to wrap unless you are willing to have the shop that is installing the film dissembled and re-assembled parts on your original factory manufactured car. As a professional paint protection installer we would not recommend this procedure for your new car. If you having a professional, certified installer using the latest generation of paint protection film (3M Pro Series or Expel Ultimate paint protection film) you shouldn't even noticed the edges of the film on your new car.