Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been given the option to have my M3 delivered to my home in Santa Fe, or to take delivery in Denver, about 400 miles away. I am told the latter is preferable so that features can be demonstrated and questions answered by knowledgeable people. Can anyone advise me if the SC pickup is worth the time and expense (house sitter, airline tickets, hotel, etc.)

Not sure how many people are still updating the tracker after Tesla's new 7day policy. But i feel like most of the 04/18 invite/configure guys got their cars already. Here's my order:

• 03/31 7PM PT reservation
  • 04/18 invite/configure
  • Black/Aero/EAP
  • SoCal
  • June email
  • No VIN no VIN no VIN

Anyone in the same boat?
Same dates and boat. I'm in rhode island, the ocean state. :(

I have been given the option to have my M3 delivered to my home in Santa Fe, or to take delivery in Denver, about 400 miles away. I am told the latter is preferable so that features can be demonstrated and questions answered by knowledgeable people. Can anyone advise me if the SC pickup is worth the time and expense (house sitter, airline tickets, hotel, etc.)
I spoke with one of the Tesla employees at the closest SC to me, which is like 200 miles away, and she said there is no reason I need to go and that the walk through was 20 to 30 minutes but I could get the same info online or call if I have any questions and even said the people who do the deliveries can show some basic stuff... I have my home delivery set for the 31st and will update on my experience once it happens!

Congrats on your new M3, it'd be interesting to see how home delivery works out.

I spoke with one of the Tesla employees at the closest SC to me, which is like 200 miles away, and she said there is no reason I need to go and that the walk through was 20 to 30 minutes but I could get the same info online or call if I have any questions and even said the people who do the deliveries can show some basic stuff... I have my home delivery set for the 31st and will update on my experience once it happens!

Reactions: M3forME
Configuration opened and placed 4/18.
233xx VIN on 5/9.
Delivery was scheduled for 5/29 at Red Hook, Brooklyn (NYC).
Got a call last week, delivery has to be pushed to 5/31 because the car is arriving late.
Got another call few days ago, has to be further pushed to 6/13 because the rear bumper (white exterior) was mismatched and had to be repainted at a local body shop.

Twiddle thumbs and slightly regretting going with white. :(

Thanks M3forME. I think I will take home delivery as well.

Received my M3 today using Tesla Direct (home delivery) and it went very smooth. My delivery person gave me a call about 45 minutes prior to the earliest time in my delivery window just to confirm my address and make sure I would be home. The car showed up in the Tesla app about 20-30 minutes before he arrived and showed how far out he was.

He arrived right on time at which point I was able to do my inspection. We noted a few items (nothing worth refusing delivery over, we both took photos) and then proceeded to sign docs to complete the transaction. Once the paperwork was taken care of, he went through helping me finish setting up my phone and going through many of the features of the car similar to how it would work if done at the dealer. As we were finishing up, his Uber pulled up and he was on his way back to Tesla!

Pretty damn cool experience. This could definitely spoil you from buying cars the old fashioned way!!

That's all my fellow 4/18 invitees, hope those of you who have received your cars are enjoying them and those who haven't get them soon! Two thumbs up for Tesla Direct, if this is an option for you, I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

Wait, so with the home delivery they drove your car to your house? I thought they had it transported on a truck...

Right. Tesla typically offers home delivery to those folks who are far away from delivery centers, hence the delivery on the truck. The Tesla Direct program is for folks within the normal delivery range. Car is delivered at your local delivery center and driven to your house. I'm about 20 miles from my delivery center.

Received my M3 today using Tesla Direct (home delivery) and it went very smooth. My delivery person gave me a call about 45 minutes prior to the earliest time in my delivery window just to confirm my address and make sure I would be home. The car showed up in the Tesla app about 20-30 minutes before he arrived and showed how far out he was.

He arrived right on time at which point I was able to do my inspection. We noted a few items (nothing worth refusing delivery over, we both took photos) and then proceeded to sign docs to complete the transaction. Once the paperwork was taken care of, he went through helping me finish setting up my phone and going through many of the features of the car similar to how it would work if done at the dealer. As we were finishing up, his Uber pulled up and he was on his way back to Tesla!

Pretty damn cool experience. This could definitely spoil you from buying cars the old fashioned way!!

That's all my fellow 4/18 invitees, hope those of you who have received your cars are enjoying them and those who haven't get them soon! Two thumbs up for Tesla Direct, if this is an option for you, I wouldn't hesitate to do it.

I forgot to mention that I originally got the email pushing back my delivery till July. 4 days later, and after seeing a truckload of Model 3s on the freeway, I got a call telling me it would be ready in 2 days. There is no rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.