Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gents. I think they will fulfill our orders, they just won’t send any more invites for deliveries this Q. I also suspect the factory retooling from last week may add a week or 2. That’s fine w me as I image that retooling will further improve quality.
Invite 4/13
Configured 4/19

I think they will send out invites but just not like they were before. There are a lot of May-July windows, like myself, who I think are going to have missed delivery windows as they try to push off the 200,000 to July. July would be a very busy delivery month then.

Configured on 4/18? Welcome to day 21!

If you got a 3 to 6 week time and are in AL, FL, GA, HI, IL, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, or VA and do not have a VIN today contact Tesla! The spreadsheet shows recently these states have VIN to delivery over 21 days, and your on time delivery may be at risk.

To be the best auto company Tesla needs to be held to standards higher than others not lower. You would not accept this from another company! Tesla must give realistic times and inform you if changed!

Configured on 4/18? Welcome to day 21!

If you got a 3 to 6 week time and are in AL, FL, GA, HI, IL, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, or VA and do not have a VIN today contact Tesla! The spreadsheet shows recently these states have VIN to delivery over 21 days, and your on time delivery may be at risk.

To be the best auto company Tesla needs to be held to standards higher than others not lower. You would not accept this from another company! Tesla must give realistic times and inform you if changed!

Don't make this a federal case ha.
As others have noted its an estimate & you agreed to it in your Order Agreement. Tesla is cutting edge not Toyota geesh

Not to mention we're only half way through the estimate

Reactions: emorog
Not to mention we're only half way through the estimate

That is why I included recent data. Those who do not get a VIN today will need Tesla to ship faster there then the last 3 weeks to hit those deliveries. If Tesla has no realistic ability to hit those dates they should inform us. If they know it will not be done it is no longer an estimate but a lie.

Last edited:
The estimated delivery date of your Vehicle indicated in this Agreement is an estimate only and is not a guarantee of when your Vehicle will actually be delivered.

In a paragraph all its own at the bottom of page 2 of the agreement we all signed when we configured.

Honestly, I don't want to get into it with you again, but if you really put a reservation down two years ago and waited for the most anticipated car in history why screw it up on the home stretch by working yourself into a lather to the point you don't even enjoy taking delivery? We're almost there, whether that's in 3 more weeks or 5. Let's enjoy it when it happens. Tesla's a growing company clearly overwhelmed a bit by the volume right now, if you can't have patience with that maybe being an early adopter wasn't the best decision and you can make different ones in the future. That's OK too.

That is why I included recent data. Those who do not get a VIN today will need Tesla to ship faster there then the last 3 weeks to hit those deliveries. If Tesla has no realistic ability to hit those dates they should inform us. If they know it will not be done it is no longer an estimate but a lie.

Dude chill.

The estimated delivery date of your Vehicle indicated in this Agreement is an estimate only and is not a guarantee of when your Vehicle will actually be delivered.

In a paragraph all its own at the bottom of page 2 of the agreement we all signed when we configured.

Honestly, I don't want to get into it with you again, but if you really put a reservation down two years ago and waited for the most anticipated car in history why screw it up on the home stretch by working yourself into a lather to the point you don't even enjoy taking delivery? We're almost there, whether that's in 3 more weeks or 5. Let's enjoy it when it happens. Tesla's a growing company clearly overwhelmed a bit by the volume right now, if you can't have patience with that maybe being an early adopter wasn't the best decision and you can make different ones in the future. That's OK too.

Christ guys you act like it is absurd to ask that Tesla have decency to send an automatic e-mail to paying customers :rolleyes:

I am patiently waiting but I do agree about an email update. Least they could do is send an email saying hey the timeline had changed or something similar.

I DO agree with that as it's very difficult to predict timing especially with regard to loan pre-approval & expirations. (but that's not really what bgbolton was initially calling for.)

In any event, it looks like VINs are getting assigned outside of Canada & Washington again with some regularity & that is encouraging. The 4/18 invite group was large and it looks like Tesla is working through (mostly) 4/6 & 4/10 still.

Fine with me .More time to save $$

It is funny that I am getting such pushback for suggesting that people who may be at risk based on historic data contact Tesla about the car they paid for :D I do not suggest a riot or a protest just an inquiry.

If Tesla can not do that at small volume they will have a big wake up if they hope to become mainstream :rolleyes:

It is safe to say that Tesla wants to sell you a car more than we want to buy a car (and we want it badly). Shareholders are all over them not to mention burning cash. They also have a responsibility to produce quality cars. I rather wait a couple more weeks and get a car that is built properly vs. the customers that have already had to service the M3. @bgbolton, No disrespect here and I am sure that you are a cool person, but you might not have the right temperament for this car at this time in its infancy. I am March 31 2016 deposit, April 18 invite, April 19 configuration and still no VIN. I check daily. Okay... Hourly :)

As mentioned, the order agreement states that the 3-6 week window is an estimate. Most people are still getting delivery within 3-6 weeks. Production also continues to ramp. Yes the community has put together some good data, but "past performance is not indicative of future results!" If large numbers of customers haven't gotten delivery after 6 weeks, and there's been no communication, than by all means raise hell. 3 weeks in though is completely absurd and not helpful to anyone. They're making them as fast as they can. At the end of the day it's just a car, enjoy the wait and the anticipation. It's half the fun.