Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just refreshes for tenth time today and car was available to configure. No email yet, but do now have order confirm email (Silver metallic/19”). In CT. Pre-reveal online. Estimate was Apr - June.

Non-owner
Reserved: 3/31 online pre-reveal, 2 minutes after reservations opened.
Invitations: can configure 4/18/2018, no email received as of this post
Configured: Hold My Place. Waiting for Base

Will defer indefinitely if (as seems likely) I can't get the full tax credit. Hoping that by the time my Prius dies the 3 will be available with a winter package without having to get the PUP.

Last edited:
At work busy on a project... decided to take a break for tea and snacks. Looked at email inbox on my phone. Stunned to see "Your Model 3 is Ready to Order"! Logged into my account and First Production is available now. Dual motor still says Late 2018 but if I follow the link to start designing, that page says the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive is coming Mid '18. Hmmm... what I thought would happen did happen. Getting ambiguous/conflicting data from the factory. Close to hitting the 200K US delivery mark. Maybe this quarter. Which means Oct 2018 is when the tax credit starts going away. Decisions, decisions....

At work busy on a project... decided to take a break for tea and snacks. Looked at email inbox on my phone. Stunned to see "Your Model 3 is Ready to Order"! Logged into my account and First Production is available now. Dual motor still says Late 2018 but if I follow the link to start designing, that page says the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive is coming Mid '18. Hmmm... what I thought would happen did happen. Getting ambiguous/conflicting data from the factory. Close to hitting the 200K US delivery mark. Maybe this quarter. Which means Oct 2018 is when the tax credit starts going away. Decisions, decisions....

If you are waiting for AWD but want the full credit, I would order at least 8 weeks before Q3 end or end of July at the latest to get the credit. You may know by then if you can still get AWD and the fullcredit or have to choose RWD to get the full credit.