TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

4 Tesla Tire Pressure Sensors for Older Model S

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by djinn1, Dec 5, 2016.

1. djinn1

djinn1 Member

I had a 2013 Model S and a set of snow tires from tire rack with installed tire pressure sensors. When I upgraded to my 2016 Model S, I found out that these sensors are not backward compatible with my new Tesla S, and I had to buy a new set of sensors.

The sensors work perfectly fine and are about 3 years old. I believe they sell for about $50 each - I am willing to sell all 4 for $50 total (plus shipping). You need to check to make sure they will work with your VIN number (after a certain VIN number you need to use the new sensors that can tell each tire apart). The part # on these sensors is 3901B.

Let me know if you're interested!

Djinn1

2. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

I'll take em. Dropping you a PM.

3. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Don't mean to hijack, but I too have 4 up for sale. Pm me an offer. In San Diego.

4. souljah798

souljah798 Member

I'll take them for the same price as above... pm me

5. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

I have two bare 21" wheels without sensors or tires, if anyone is interested in combining :~)

6. tomguy

tomguy Member

Just a word of warning, I have a 2012 Model S and my TPMS all went bad at around late 2015 They started going bad one by one and eventually had to get all 4 replaced. Tesla said it was due to the batteries going bad. Luckily it was still under warranty so these should last me another 3-4 years. But they were on the car since the beginning so that may have attributed to the low battery life. Just make note that they don't last forever.

7. souljah798

souljah798 Member

Interesting, are the batteries in the sensors themselves replaceable? I'd pretty annoyed if used sensors I purchased had to be replaced anytime soon.

8. tomguy

tomguy Member

If you're handy, I'm sure you can find a way to break them apart and replace the lithium battery inside. But it's not easily replaceable as opening a cover and putting in a new battery. From what I've read, they said that TPMS usually lasts 5-10 years and older type models being on the lower end. I know the early Model S used some Chinese manufacturer for the TPMS and I was surprised it only lasted about 4 years. If the OP had them on snow tires, they probably haven't been used as much as my everyday tires and should last longer. But I just wanted to bring it up for those considering.

9. hockey2826

hockey2826 New Member

So does anyone have any left? I need two for my 2013.

10. dj905

dj905 Member

@hockey2826 - I also have 4 of the older sensors from my 2013 P85. Interestingly, two of them have the part # FS15i1 and two of them look newer with part #FS43X0L3. They were working fine until I got my new car. I will sell the lot for the same deal $50 USD + shipping.

David

11. dj905

dj905 Member

Per above, I have 4 TPMS Model S sensors (older version for VIN < 50900) available for $50 USD + shipping. Two of them appear to be slightly newer than the other two. They were all working fine on my 2013 Model S P85 winter tires.
    Please reply here or send me a PM.

David

12. NickV

NickV Member

I need a set as well. Pm me if you have any.

13. dj905

dj905 Member

@NickV, I've sent you a message.

14. onautopilot

onautopilot Member

I have a set of four of these available if anyone needs them. Older version. 50$ or whatever the going rate is is fine. Bay area local.

15. JBIV

JBIV Member

I'll take them.

16. onautopilot

onautopilot Member

Ok, looks like they're spoken for.

17. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Member

"I have 4 TPMS Model S sensors (older version for VIN < 50900) available for $50 USD + shipping. "

Ditto.

PM me, if you have need. They are from a Tire Rack winter set, originally put on a 2013. All were working fine when taken off.

18. Amanita

Amanita New Member

PM Diver Anthony, I'm interested in your sensors. You sent me a message this morning about them, but the website is not allowing me to reply. How do I reach you?

19. Naonak

Naonak Member

I'm interested in a set of Gen 1 sensors for $50 shipped... I need the ones for a 2012 car (1954 VIN), so the original orginal sensors, not the updated ones. Don't really want to take the ones out of my 21" every time I put the 19's on, but that is worth about $50 to me, lol.

20. Techlead

Techlead Member

I have four for sale. Found out the hard way the old sensors no longer work with the newer Model S. PM me if interested.