Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$45 MyQ Subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone notice the 5 year subscription is now $150? Still rather expensive of course.
BTW: discount percentages are now wrong...

10 Years
$299
Best Value (Save 34%)
One-Time Purchase

5 Years
$149
(Save 20%)
Auto Renews

1 Year
$45
Auto Renews

Reactions: gr2020
I guess you will have extended free trial if they don't get the subscription website ready in time.
I think you've hit the nail on the head. These idiots still don't have the subscription website available. I tried to look at my options as well, and literally nothing is available other than updating your payment info. It does look like they've extended it since I signed up on 12/22 and my free trial doesn't end until 2/5. Unless there's a way to select the plan and do all this from the car?

I normally like bulk buying to save money, but this is one company I would be leary of paying for 5 or 10 years. As mentioned above, they have been unsatisfactory with the way they've interacted with customers in the past and dropped support for Google Home (after trying to charge everyone a subscription for it). I mean damn, if you're going to support any smart home protocol, wouldn't that be the one? What's the point of connectivity if you're not going to support any kind of integration?

I will say based on my prior experience with the connectivity aspects of their products and their horrid, clueless support team, the Tesla integration works really well for me. It's actually...ridiculously good, which is not like them at all. My only guess is Tesla engineering helped them out quite a bit.

Reactions: KevinT3141
Did anyone notice the 5 year subscription is now $150? Still rather expensive of course.
BTW: discount percentages are now wrong...

10 Years
$299
Best Value (Save 34%)
One-Time Purchase

5 Years
$149
(Save 20%)
Auto Renews

1 Year
$45
Auto Renews

The 5 year is $179.

My trial ended today, decided not to purchase it. It is annoying that they don't have the option to auto close the garage if it is left open. And didn't find a pattern in how it closes. So random. Do you need to wait or leave after the light flashes? A couple of times garage door was left open, and my cat almost lost

Reactions: P3dStealth
My trial ended today, decided not to purchase it. It is annoying that they don't have the option to auto close the garage if it is left open. And didn't find a pattern in how it closes. So random. Do you need to wait or leave after the light flashes? A couple of times garage door was left open, and my cat almost lost

I agree, I realized I have to wait at the end of the driveway anyway to make sure the garage closed so what's the difference in paying for this vs just pushing the close button on my phone while at the end of the driveway...

It closed 90% of the time but most people don't just drive away with their garage still open.

Reactions: M3_17
I am not renewing, especially with the bugs and also posts from people who had the garage door come down on the car itself. Not sure how that would have happened, as the photo eye sensors should have reversed the door coming down irrespective of the command to close from myQ. The problems mostly stem from if you stop and park in the driveway and then proceed to enter the garage after some time. I have also had problems lately with MyQ not properly recognizing my garage was down when it had been down for 20+ minutes regardless of the Tesla interface. That is the main selling point of myQ is the door sensor is supposed to know for sure that the door is up or down. I imagine this is some type of system com error where the myQ servers could not be properly reached to update status when the door actually shut. Still not good enough for prime time. I am also currently playing with using the iPhone Shortcuts app to automatically launch the myQ app as I approach my home. I can already use Siri to launch the app on my Apple Watch with a simple voice command, so this may prove to be the next best thing. Not sure or not if I can send the close or open command through Siri but checking that as well. Stay tuned.

I highly suspect that once myQ realizes how low the uptake percentage is at their current pricing model, they will either A) lower pricing which would increase the take percentage and lead to more profits, or more likely B) Send individuals whose free trials ended special discount opportunities to entice buying it after some months of them not renewing. There is no way they are stupid enough to leave all that free profit sit unclaimed. 5 year for $99 would probably get me to jump if they fixed the bugs.

Last edited:
I agree, I realized I have to wait at the end of the driveway anyway to make sure the garage closed so what's the difference in paying for this vs just pushing the close button on my phone while at the end of the driveway...

It closed 90% of the time but most people don't just drive away with their garage still open.
Same with me. Most of the time had to wait for the door to actually close upon exiting my driveway. We live in a court, but would imagine on a busy street this alone would be a deal breaker for most. Also since my garage is really tight, upon both arrival and departure I have to stage the car in the driveway waiting for my wife to enter or exit in the driveway, thereby that time could have been used to close the door and verify it was closed while she was getting in the car. Looking into automatically launching the app on my Apple Watch now as a much better free control strategy.

I’m in the opposite camp. myQ has been perfect and automates close and open exactly as I want it. Occasionally it will show an error when I am leaving. I suspect it is internet connectivity. But in every instance it will close the door when I am clear of my home WiFi as I am pulling away from my house. It always opens as I turn into my driveway so the door is fully open when I get there. When my trial expired, I subscribed.

I wonder if those experiencing issues either have a GPS location issue or just bad GPS visibility near the garage.

MyQ and siri work great, no need to pay for something that should already be free.
What's next, a subscription to be able to use the Air conditioner? Seriously, it's getting out of hand. It isn't the price, I mean if we can afford these cars then we should be ok to pay these subscriptions, right? Nah, it's the principle for me. Many have found alternate ways around these things that work, like Car Play. $45 to do what a button does is a complete ripoff. Luckily MyQ works very well. Just say "Hey Siri, open /close garage door" and it's as easy as that, for free..
How does one set up an iPhone to make this happen? I mean "Hey Siri, open /close garage". I have a MyQ smart garage control installed, both the hardware and the app. But have to pull out the phone, open the App and click on 'Open/Close" to operate the garage door.

When my 30 day trial ended, I was given an option to subscribe for a year for $45. I did that. I'm quite satisfied with MyQ and the Tesla link. I'm close to removing the garage door opener clipped on the visor. Over the last month, I have had to restart MyQ twice. Otherwise, it has worked very well.

When my 30 day trial ended, I was given an option to subscribe for a year for $45. I did that. I'm quite satisfied with MyQ and the Tesla link. I'm close to removing the garage door opener clipped on the visor. Over the last month, I have had to restart MyQ twice. Otherwise, it has worked very well.
Same here. I did the 30 day trial and signed up for the $45/yr MyQ subscription. Works perfectly for me, and I'll keep the opener that's velcro'd to the back of screen there just in case it goes FUBAR.

Reactions: DrGriz
Me too. Found LiveKey App->iOS shortcuts and Siri do the job just fine and I saved enough for a couple of cases of beer to celebrate the money saved :)
Does livekey allow auto open/close via geofence, or do you have to talk to Siri? I’ve found talking to Siri or Alexa to be problematic in a car with other people talking or playing music/podcasts.

Does livekey allow auto open/close via geofence, or do you have to talk to Siri? I’ve found talking to Siri or Alexa to be problematic in a car with other people talking or playing music/podcasts.
GeoFencing does work. But the issue I found with this is that Apple polls for location about once a min and depending on when it polled before you enter the GeoFenced location, you could be waiting a while for the Garage to open if you are solely relying on it.