Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5% increase in power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the answer is yes, people have gotten 8.2 with the all wheel drive and have not seen a power boost nor release notes mentioning it. I think that’s what’s leading to the speculation that its getting a bigger boost outside of this update.

• Informative
Reactions: Snow Drift
I believe the answer is yes, people have gotten 8.2 with the all wheel drive and have not seen a power boost nor release notes mentioning it. I think that’s what’s leading to the speculation that its getting a bigger boost outside of this update.

*Dreamy plot twist*: The performance of the LR AWD stays the same. Tesla instead introduces Ludicrous Mode option on this model only for $_k with a 0-60 in 3.8. OTA conversion after purchase. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

Reactions: Tz00
It’s a $0 marginal cost upgrade that allows every $ they pull in from selling the upgrade go straight to the bottom line similar to their AP/EAP offerings.

From a business sense, it makes no sense that they don’t offer it since it’s only software to move a non-P to a P-.

It’s a $0 marginal cost upgrade that allows every $ they pull in from selling the upgrade go straight to the bottom line similar to their AP/EAP offerings.

From a business sense, it makes no sense that they don’t offer it since it’s only software to move a non-P to a P-.

This guy gets it. Those who buy upfront still get their suspension and brakes, but becomes everyone else's show off purchase and it's pure profit as otherwise the car's are identical.

Reactions: Sweet OJ
Really don't think they go all the way to PD- for lots of reasons. I do think AWD cars get an uncork AFTER they bring a little more power to the P3Ds. AWD cars now hit 4.2 pretty regularly. My guess is we get 3.9 uncork and the P3D gets 3.0 flat sometime before summer.