Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5% increase in power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to disappoint, but I received the update this morning and did three runs before work. All 3.2 on the Vbox, with 1ft rollout. Same as when I bought the car six months ago. No difference.

It's more likely to be noticeable in the 45-100 mph time since it's a power increase, not a peak torque increase. So hammering it on the highway when you go to pass a slow poke going 50 mph will be better. /speculation

My local 1/4 mile dragstrip opens this Saturday. If it doesn't rain, I'll go get some numbers to compare to my last Junes' numbers, to include 60 foot, 330', 1/8 time and speed, 1000' time and speed, and 1/4 mile time and speed. Just got my 8.3 update a few days ago.

Don't bother racing at an 1/8 mile track, 1/8 mile tracks are a joke and are not the standard for performance. And if someone didn't have enough room to build a 1/4 mile track, then they should have built nothing in the first place. No 1/8 mile tracks!!!

My local 1/4 mile dragstrip opens this Saturday. If it doesn't rain, I'll go get some numbers to compare to my last Junes' numbers, to include 60 foot, 330', 1/8 time and speed, 1000' time and speed, and 1/4 mile time and speed. Just got my 8.3 update a few days ago.

Don't bother racing at an 1/8 mile track, 1/8 mile tracks are a joke and are not the standard for performance. And if someone didn't have enough room to build a 1/4 mile track, then they should have built nothing in the first place. No 1/8 mile tracks!!!

Don't agree with you on the 1/8 mile tracks but to each their own. Looking forward to your 1/4 mile data. Have fun!

Reactions: juanmedina
M3 AWD got an 8% power increase according to the car's API. It was 284kW (381hp) peak before and it's 307kw (412hp) now. Peak HP occurs at ~45mph (70 kph). There is no increase in power below that speed.

I really wish I had access to the API for my P3D like this guy does, as it's directly measuring power through the inverter.

FW 2019.8.3 actually increased Model 3 AWD peak power by 8% above 45 mph (70 km/h)

I'm currently the Model 3 record holder for fastest 0-60, 1/8 mi, and 1/4 mi on Dragy, and I just got the power increase update today. About to go and try some runs now to compare.

Update with a new P3D dyno plot that was posted in another thread. Not as accurate as the car's API, but it shows a ~3% peak power increase at the wheels (maybe closer to 5-6% average) for the P3D above 45mph.

43B3A7C6-63A0-43BE-97AD-AC8B0F4FB65F.jpeg

Did a few baseline tests and got 3.16s w/ 1ft rollout (3.35s without) this evening. Only about 0.02seconds faster than before, which makes sense since the power is identical up to 45mph and only ~3% higher from 45-60mph.

I expect the biggest increases to be in 1/4 mile times since the power increase is greater at higher speeds. Hoping for 11.5x seconds this weekend.

IMG_6613.PNG

Did a few baseline tests and got 3.16s w/ 1ft rollout (3.35s without) this evening. Only about 0.02seconds faster than before, which makes sense since the power is identical up to 45mph and only ~3% higher from 45-60mph.

I expect the biggest increases to be in 1/4 mile times since the power increase is greater at higher speeds. Hoping for 11.5x seconds this weekend.

View attachment 391003

You will need to update your signature.