Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5% increase in power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a few baseline tests and got 3.16s w/ 1ft rollout (3.35s without) this evening. Only about 0.02seconds faster than before, which makes sense since the power is identical up to 45mph and only ~3% higher from 45-60mph.

I expect the biggest increases to be in 1/4 mile times since the power increase is greater at higher speeds. Hoping for 11.5x seconds this weekend.

View attachment 391003

Thanks for posting your results so quickly. I'm looking forward to your 1/4 mile track results. Your car seems to be a unicorn as far as speed goes. Out of curiosity whats your configuration?

Thanks for posting your results so quickly. I'm looking forward to your 1/4 mile track results. Your car seems to be a unicorn as far as speed goes. Out of curiosity whats your configuration?
Ha thanks. I think it's more that I'm a somewhat scientific/technical person and enjoy seeing how much I can maximize performance as an ever-going competition with myself. I almost never keep any loose items in my car, I run lighter & wider 19" wheels, and I look for flat roads on 60-80F days to do performance testing at 90% or greater charge.

My car was one of the first P3D's ever built (early July '18). Now if that makes any difference hardware wise I don't think anyone would know other than a handful of Tesla manufacturing engineers. Other than that, it's a standard white/white P3D+

My co-worker has a dragy so we took a little spin today, best we could get was 5.38.

LR RWD (2019.8.3 firmware)
dragy_3_28_19.png

Battery was ~87%, 60F out, but we had 2 people plus some extra weight in the car.

"We"? Generally, 0-60 mph testing is done solo without any cargo in the car.
Sorry, best I could do as the dragy isn't mine and those heavy arse car seats are a pain to remove! But hey, I charged her up more than usual to give it the best go.

Would love to see some more dragy results from LR RWD if anyone's got 'em.

Jwardell on the other forum had this info:

I did run a test, in 45F cold with snow tires and ~77% battery, and got 4.999sec measured by Tesla's internals. I'm fairly sure I could not achieve that on a warm day previously, though I my earliest logs are from the end of December so I can't know for sure until this summer. I confirmed power during that run hit 256.5kW and torque 444.888NM where previous highest I ever recorded were 245/426.666
In other words, yes we definitely have a bump.

Sorry to disappoint, but I received the update this morning and did three runs before work. All 3.2 on the Vbox, with 1ft rollout. Same as when I bought the car six months ago. No difference.
That's what I'm getting too. . . 3.2 with the one foot roll out and about 3.4 without it. Although I did get the best 0 to 30 time I've ever seen 1.5 seconds. Although that's not supposedly where the real difference is at least according to the dyno curve that we've seen. Subjectively it does feel stronger but of course we all know how reliable that is. If I could just figure out how to get a screenshot off my draggy I could upload that aarrgh

• Funny
Reactions: is2scooby and 03DSG
That's what I'm getting too. . . 3.2 with the one foot roll out and about 3.4 without it. Although I did get the best 0 to 30 time I've ever seen 1.5 seconds. Although that's not supposedly where the real difference is at least according to the dyno curve that we've seen. Subjectively it does feel stronger but of course we all know how reliable that is. If I could just figure out how to get a screenshot off my draggy I could upload that aarrgh

On Android: hold down both the power and volume down buttons for like 2-3 seconds. That will take a screen shot.

• Informative
Reactions: dfwatt

I can almost guarantee if I was at my local drag strip I would dip into the high 3.1’s on stock 20’s. The launch is weak compared to any of the performance S or X modes. Tesla could shave 2/10’s off the 0-60 with launch mode and same battery. So 2.9 on a good day with just a software update.

Reactions: is2scooby
I can almost guarantee if I was at my local drag strip I would dip into the high 3.1’s on stock 20’s. The launch is weak compared to any of the performance S or X modes. Tesla could shave 2/10’s off the 0-60 with launch mode and same battery. So 2.9 on a good day with just a software update.

That sounds plausible but what about the question of whether torque ripple issues in a permanent magnet rear motor are a limiting factor?.