Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 Seat X variant is coming sooner than later, but when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see in modelxtracker.com that a Californian and another reserver (no city, no state listed) have confirmed orders for the 5 seat variant, with VIN assigned to the CA one on 3/3 and the other assigned a VIN yesterday 3/8. I thought no one would see the 5 seat variant (mine is same) until 2nd half of the year. Does this mean they have figured out how to manufacture the rear 1/3 of vehicle sans 3rd row and that we anomalies could also see the ramp start on the 5 seat version faster now that VINs are getting up to the 4500 range? I surely hope so.
Of the 2 5-seaters with VINs, they are both 90Ds, both 48 amp, both subzero, both premium, both autopilot, both same leather interior, different headliners, one ludicrous, one standard, different colors, different wheels, different towing, different stereos. Don't see any other commonality, but 5 seat with VINs....doing the happy dance.

I see in modelxtracker.com that a Californian and another reserver (no city, no state listed) have confirmed orders for the 5 seat variant, with VIN assigned to the CA one on 3/3 and the other assigned a VIN yesterday 3/8. I thought no one would see the 5 seat variant (mine is same) until 2nd half of the year. Does this mean they have figured out how to manufacture the rear 1/3 of vehicle sans 3rd row and that we anomalies could also see the ramp start on the 5 seat version faster now that VINs are getting up to the 4500 range? I surely hope so.
Of the 2 5-seaters with VINs, they are both 90Ds, both 48 amp, both subzero, both premium, both autopilot, both same leather interior, different headliners, one ludicrous, one standard, different colors, different wheels, different towing, different stereos. Don't see any other commonality, but 5 seat with VINs....doing the happy dance.

I am afraid that these 2 are just not properly updated records and in fact they are either 6 or 7 seaters... there is a lot more people waiting with 5 seat config with no VIN... but if they are really 5 seaters and got their VINs then it is a good sign!

I am afraid that these 2 are just not properly updated records and in fact they are either 6 or 7 seaters... there is a lot more people waiting with 5 seat config with no VIN... but if they are really 5 seaters and got their VINs then it is a good sign!
One updated 3/7 and the other yesterday. if Paul Carter could reach out to them to confirm the accuracy of there information, that would make a few 5 seater reservers quite pleased.

Download the file then parse data for vins assigned this month the sort by seating and you'll see 2 5 seaters. I've had PM from modelxtracker that they are seeking clarity of the data from the 2 people. Hang on for clarification. Hope it's true but I too have concerns, like you said. There is no 90DL without a P before the "90"

I just received an email update indicating 5 seat config to be delivered mid-year.... BUT
If I wanted to change the config to a 6 or 7, then it would be April/May delivery.
I replied I would re-config to a 6 seat if there was no $500 change fee.
I'll update when I hear back from them.

I just received an email update indicating 5 seat config to be delivered mid-year.... BUT
If I wanted to change the config to a 6 or 7, then it would be April/May delivery.
I replied I would re-config to a 6 seat if there was no $500 change fee.
I'll update when I hear back from them.
I just got a phone call from Tesla offering the upsell without the change fee. I went for it. Getting the 6 seat now. April delivery.

I am waiting for 5 seater too!

I am wondering if second row will be all the way back like limousine or we will have huge trunk?

The back back row won't be there, the hump the third row sits on (where the rear drive is) will still be there, at best the middle row would be able to slide back 3 more inches (the thickness of the 3rd row headrest) but I think the wheel well would interfere with even that much additional slide.

@jsollender. Now the system is back up I will verify with the people they truly did order a five seat configuration. There were three but when I had the individual verify the configuration it was a data entry issue. They had the six seat version. I will find out about other two by weekend.

The back back row won't be there, the hump the third row sits on (where the rear drive is) will still be there, at best the middle row would be able to slide back 3 more inches (the thickness of the 3rd row headrest) but I think the wheel well would interfere with even that much additional slide.
Are there any pictures of a 5 seater? I would like to see pictures of the floor area from the second row seats back and from the back to the 2 row. How much of a hump is it?

With TMC no longer offering the 5-seat option to newbies, does this portend the demise of this option for future versions of the X, and more importantly, is TMC going to call/email me in several weeks and tell me that the car I previously ordered is not going to be manufactured do to a lack of interest, but that I can have a full refund of my $5000 earnest money or get the 6-7 seat version without an upgrade fee?
Also, will my future 5-seater perhaps be a rarity if they come through to make such an X, with or without being a 100D version???
Just my thoughts/concerns moving to Q2....

Looks like the 5 seaters will be delivered soon

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 190