Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, nearly 1000 Negative only posts with most targeting CT. Certainly not a motive there! All can criticize but if that’s ALL you contribute I question the value of the contributor or the agenda

you joined this forum 5 YEARS after me, in the words of your cult leader, go (you know what) yourself same to the mods that have a problem with this language.

The sun will come up tomorrow. Prediction will come true.

Elon will continue to scam people. Prediction will come true.
it’s simple.
The Debbie Downer crew alive and well! @TessP100D the troll of all trolls ... one wonders who's paying you to reply to every single post with some anti-Tesla, anti-Elon propaganda. Tesla bad, Elon bad, we get it dude, you can't fit a Tesla under your bridge ...

Rivian is down almost 10% today due to it not meeting its meager Q4 sales projections.
I just finished a 3000+ roadtrip. I was happy to see a few Rivians each day. I even saw 1 Ford Lightning at an EA station. I have no doubts that there is demand, especially given Tesla's awesome Supercharger network, for the CT.
Just like with the Model S, originally, a small percent of a good market is good business.

This is why I canceled my R1T reservation. I drive on self generated power mostly and I’m stingy about energy waste in the house. Why wouldn’t that carry over to the road? I got a Model Y instead and I’ve averaged 261Wh/mi over 25k miles.
From my project this is my exact concern. I need to be stingy on self generation end use as that is all I have. Really have to ask myself is my need for the Cybertruck real. Or could I just do with a Y raised a bit. Might be more economical, but not as cool. Would be a sad day that I just leave the truck at home as the battery bank vs. driving.

The efficiency freak in me is racing back and forth.

From my project this is my exact concern. I need to be stingy on self generation end use as that is all I have. Really have to ask myself is my need for the Cybertruck real. Or could I just do with a Y raised a bit. Might be more economical, but not as cool. Would be a sad day that I just leave the truck at home as the battery bank vs. driving.

Honestly, if you are concerned about wh/mile efficiency - stay away from any/all larger EV pickups - as the efficiency is never going to be anywhere close to the MY that you own today. The CT weighs 6700+ lbs - so much heavier than a MY - and is much less aerodynamic (0.335 CoD), you'll never see the efficiency that you want, even if you switch to smaller wheels/tires. There's only so much that can be done to offset higher weight and higher CoD.

Then simply buy a gas truck if you need a truck. That way your system won't be impacted. You can always drive an EV car for regular use.

Then simply buy a gas truck if you need a truck. That way your system won't be impacted. You can always drive an EV car for regular use.
I already have a 2500 Suburban. Trying to get off of that gas. If I have one vehicle charging I can drive the other. That is the idea. Keep a car always charging during the day. Being a bit remote it would be nice to have a daily driver that does it somewhat efficiently, along with being a bit more robust. The S doesn't like the fire roads as much as I do, and loading up pack rafts with everyone wet in the S isn't that much fun either. Still getting it.

For the owners who have a CT , is the ride comparable to Model S or X? My 22MYP 21’s had a nice soft ride with white interior riding on Michelin’s . But my 23MYLR is not as soft ( ProContacts & Scorpion AS - M+S ) I have lower back issues and wanted a comfortable ride. I’m not towing or have a trailer or boat. Just running to Home Depot or garden supply center use & taking trips. Comfort is key for me.

For the owners who have a CT , is the ride comparable to Model S or X? My 22MYP 21’s had a nice soft ride with white interior riding on Michelin’s . But my 23MYLR is not as soft ( ProContacts & Scorpion AS - M+S ) I have lower back issues and wanted a comfortable ride. I’m not towing or have a trailer or boat. Just running to Home Depot or garden supply center use & taking trips. Comfort is key for me.

If comfort is key get a Lightning, no Tesla can match the Luxury ride of that truck.

. . . wanted a comfortable ride. I’m not towing or have a trailer or boat. Just running to Home Depot or garden supply center use & taking trips. Comfort is key for me.
Please get the right vehicle for your needs. It sounds like you need a Honda Ridgeline or Ford Maverick or actually, probably a minivan, not a truck that was built for hauling. For hauling, a stiff suspension is needed. I hope folks with your needs don't skew the truck market with your non-truck needs. A colleague of mine complained about the stiff rides on one of the Silverados that we use for work in the field yet, I find it about right for a truck although it certainly is not comfortable for doing non-truck things.

Please get the right vehicle for your needs. It sounds like you need a Honda Ridgeline or Ford Maverick or actually, probably a minivan, not a truck that was built for hauling. For hauling, a stiff suspension is needed. I hope folks with your needs don't skew the truck market with your non-truck needs. A colleague of mine complained about the stiff rides on one of the Silverados that we use for work in the field yet, I find it about right for a truck although it certainly is not comfortable for doing non-truck things.

The CT is essentially a Stainless Steel Ridgeline/Ford Maverick.

This man needs an F-150 Lightning if he wants a luxury suspension that can still haul and so truck things. There's a reason it's the #1 selling Vehicle in America.

The CT is essentially a Stainless Steel Ridgeline/Ford Maverick.

This man needs an F-150 Lightning if he wants a luxury suspension that can still haul and so truck things. There's a reason it's the #1 selling Vehicle in America.
Please Do share how many miles you’ve driven a CT given your confident assessment of ride comfort?? lol.

Forgiving those on a “mission” to spread BS with no user knowledge consider the review from an Actual owner that created a thread showing his Real feedback on ride comfort. He states that the CT is multiple times better in in ride comfort than the Model X. But why would he know, he only OWNS one.

Hello World!

Some of us don’t need crazy range. I charge at home and only drive a small radius. But having been in a plaid 1.5 years now I do miss sitting up higher and not having to worry about road debris. Tesla can sell me a true full size box truck tri motor plaid. Cyberbeast in its current rendition isn’t worth a penny over 50k to me. Rwd should be 30k and dual motor 40k. Beast 50k.