Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20k for extras/different edition(trim level) != markup.
Welcome to early special tesla model ownership. First Gen roadster owners have entered the chat.

40k+ markups on the lightning were absurd for /less/ of a vehicle than the competition.
what competition was there when the Lightning had the markups ? Certainly no Cybertruck.

and *right now* you can pick up a F150 Lightning AWD Lariat trim with extended battery for nearly $30k less than the Cybertruck Foundation Series. Basically same range/ tow/ payload rating ... you know... the things which matter for a truck ...

And the version that is produced won’t be produced when the other trims come.

Not sure the hill we’re on, but it’s an odd one

The value baked in(to the foundation trim level) on the install of the energy gateway and all things V2H, is a benefit to those that don’t have a TEG yet. As install is included, too.
What?

1. I just said you cannot configure or order the non-Foundation series AWD or Cyberbeast today. They aren't being made, yet.
2. Installation is only included in the Cyberbeast, the 20k in the AWD doesn't get you that....The $20k is a way for Tesla to markup and make more money on the vehicles during the slow part of the ramp...it's nice they are throwing some extras in with it, but it's absolutely a markup and sold as a way for customers to get theirs first with some special things.

What?

1. I just said you cannot configure or order the non-Foundation series AWD or Cyberbeast today. They aren't being made, yet.
2. Installation is only included in the Cyberbeast, the 20k in the AWD doesn't get you that....The $20k is a way for Tesla to markup and make more money on the vehicles during the slow part of the ramp...it's nice they are throwing some extras in with it, but it's absolutely a markup and sold as a way for customers to get theirs first with some special things.
1. Didn’t know you were an employee, with info inside of Austin. My apologies, when will they be made? When will they be avail for sale?

2. Uhhh… may wanna reread what you wrote. I’ll restate this: Foundation won’t be produced when the other 3 trims will be made. We will all know this when none of those trucks have ‘foundation’ branding. Aka - foundation is a trim level, it happens to cost more (from the factory/mfgr), this is not the same as the dealership charging more than msrp.

what competition was there when the Lightning had the markups ? Certainly no Cybertruck.

and *right now* you can pick up a F150 Lightning AWD Lariat trim with extended battery for nearly $30k less than the Cybertruck Foundation Series. Basically same range/ tow/ payload rating ... you know... the things which matter for a truck ...
Rivian.

*right now* is how many years into production of the lightning? How many months into CT production?

Apples meet pineapples.

1. Didn’t know you were an employee, with info inside of Austin. My apologies, when will they be made? When will they be avail for sale?

2. Uhhh… may wanna reread what you wrote. I’ll restate this: Foundation won’t be produced when the other 3 trims will be made. We will all know this when none of those trucks have ‘foundation’ branding. Aka - foundation is a trim level, it happens to cost more (from the factory/mfgr), this is not the same as the dealership charging more than msrp.

The AWD and Cyberbeast have not been offered to anyone. They are only selling and producing FS models. This is common knowledge and I think you're just being difficult.

The Foundation Series is seen by everyone outside of the biggest Tesla fans as a markup to get more money for those who want the vehicle the fastest. It's exactly what it is, same as dealer markup...which is a premium to get a limited production vehicle earliest. IMO Tesla is doing it better because they are including some accessories, but they are the same thing.

CCS, trailing arm, tons o recalls, non integrated parts bin special (software updates more difficult than tesla, since it’s not in-house teams with internal communication channels) , no media while charging the big ole pack. (towing. LOTS of charging stops)

I’m having a hard time finding it being better.
And this is coming from a 220k mile 6.2 Raptor owner that /wanted/ an EV truck two years ago for towing EV track toys.

It’s almost like range is influenced by aero and weather. A used R1T vehicle is in that range, too. Wouldn’t wish that ownership experience upon anyone.

Let’s not confuse what it was like the first year of the lightning being introduced. Massive markups, tons of recalls, N ordered NO SALE on vehicles so they could be ‘demo units’. Now two years later they couldn’t sell and started doing everything to ditch them.

Having looked at the passenger side collision data from the newer F150s, I’m good. The rear suspension of the lightning is /interesting/ for a “traditional” truck as everyone likes to claim. Reminds me of the early days with compliance cars being built for attention (CAFE numbers) and tax breaks.

"tons of recalls" - All Software, sound familiar?

"non-intergrated parts bin special" - Have you seen the CT Interior?

"no media while charging that big ole pack" - What happened to getting out, bathroom break and by the time you come back it's done? BTW, the Lightning does have You Tube with more media coming.

The AWD and Cyberbeast have not been offered to anyone. They are only selling and producing FS models. This is common knowledge and I think you're just being difficult.

The Foundation Series is seen by everyone outside of the biggest Tesla fans as a markup to get more money for those who want the vehicle the fastest. It's exactly what it is, same as dealer markup...which is a premium to get a limited production vehicle earliest. IMO Tesla is doing it better because they are including some accessories, but they are the same thing.
800units were made a month and change before launch/delivery event. Over the Summer an internal email went around advising no PTO and how many units certain service centers would have.

“Everyone” seems to be an absolute that’s absolutely been proven wrong.

It seems that there’s a language barrier here, the trim level/‘option package’ “foundation” is the “M sport” of the cybertruck. BMW charges more for the package, it’s not a markup. It’s the price of an option package. Curious (not really, bees don’t waste their lives trying to convince flies honey is better than excrement) how this is seen as anything else.

Why would I pick up a Lightning? I dont need a truck, I just want something that looks different and for people to look/point at me.

"tons of recalls" - All Software, sound familiar?

"non-intergrated parts bin special" - Have you seen the CT Interior?

"no media while charging that big ole pack" - What happened to getting out, bathroom break and by the time you come back it's done? BTW, the Lightning does have You Tube with more media coming.
if i charge for longer than a bathroom break, buying a water, stretching my feet for a few steps and cleaning the windshield = 20 minutes .... I'm doing something wrong with my trip planning

last thing i want is after sitting for 2-3 hours in the car to sit another 39 minutes on my butt watching videos.... but to each their own

800units were made a month and change before launch/delivery event. Over the Summer an internal email went around advising no PTO and how many units certain service centers would have.

“Everyone” seems to be an absolute that’s absolutely been proven wrong.

It seems that there’s a language barrier here, the trim level/‘option package’ “foundation” is the “M sport” of the cybertruck. BMW charges more for the package, it’s not a markup. It’s the price of an option package. Curious (not really, bees don’t waste their lives trying to convince flies honey is better than excrement) how this is seen as anything else.
I assume English is not your native language?

Reactions: TessP100D
Why would I pick up a Lightning? I dont need a truck, I just want something that looks different and for people to look/point at me.
You got me. Darn. Whatever will I do, an internet user knows my use case.
Well over 20k miles in the last 6mo, spent towing heavy with this turd. Definitely have no need for a truck. Nope.

Attachments

• 6D90B0C2-64B8-4B67-9367-437A11FAC92E.jpeg
    6D90B0C2-64B8-4B67-9367-437A11FAC92E.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4194.jpeg
    IMG_4194.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The Foundation Series is a way for Tesla to increase the price and offer it to users as a "limited" early access to the vehicle. They've done this with the Roadster and Model S in the past. Since they are limited they typically have higher resale, but Tesla does this because during initial production ramp they can make very few vehicles, but typically have a large demand. This is a way to make more money on the early vehicles. This is not a trim that will ever be offered again.

The dealer markups on the F150 Lightning, which were not everywhere...not even most places, were because the F150 had a huge demand and could only produce a small amount. Some dealers put a markup on the Truck and they typically included things like PPF on some areas, spray in bedliner, etc. so that people who really wanted the truck first could get it.

They are the same in the fact there's a premium charged so that people can get the vehicle they want earlier during constrained production. Because Tesla does it at the manufacturer level, they put a name to it, but it's the same truck (outside of a stamp) as the AWD and Beast that has mandatory options added and there is a bit of a price hike to get the truck first.

As to the other thing...Tesla is not selling the non-Foundation AWD or Cyberbeast as of now. They are still offering foundation series to anyone interested and those who decline will then be offered the standard trucks.

You got me. Darn. Whatever will I do, an internet user knows my use case.
Well over 20k miles in the last 6mo, spent towing heavy with this turd. Definitely have no need for a truck. Nope.

You're proving my point. You have a capable EV for Towing that the CT barely matches in specs. Other than the outside there is nothing the CT offers more than that Rivian. BTW, I dont see a truck with a bed there........ but yeah you definitely need one....

It appears that the Ford Lightning has a one year depreciation of around 15 to 20K. You can get a one year old Lightning for 56 to 65K. Will the depreciation of the Cybertruck Foundation edition be close to the same?
Look more to used rivian prices prior to “scaled” production (2022- 6/2023). The used market stayed relatively high until you could buy one and have it within weeks.

Reactions: zoomer0056