Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Clearly, this must be the sentiment of the entire population . /s

Stop with all this exaggeration. The Cybertruck is a success from the standpoint of every reviewer, even reviewers wanting to hate the truck! NOT HYPERBOLE!

Your daughter’s friend either did not understand what the Cybertruck would deliver, had completely wrong expectations or, is imaginary!

One last thought…you are also telling us that your daughter’s friend, clearly must be a tesla supporter, as this person was one of the first to order the Cybertruck during the reveal, received it, and is now not happy with it…something is not right with this.

What’s not right with it?

We all purchase with emotions and once we start living with our purchase might feel differently.

I’m sure about 90% of CT owners will be coming from a smaller vehicle, and will not be able to live with such a big vehicle that on the inside looks like a Model 3 for $100k +. Even if they can afford it, some will feel they paid too much.

It’s not a knock on the CT or Tesla, it’s just the reality.

BTW, maybe FSD was a priority to her?

We all purchase with emotions and once we start living with our purchase might feel differently.

I’m sure about 90% of CT owners will be coming from a smaller vehicle, and will not be able to live with such a big vehicle that on the inside looks like a Model 3 for $100k +. Even if they can afford it, some will feel they paid too much.

I think it’s your very Specific “knowledge“ that’s in question with most of your “facts“. You are Sure 90% of owners will come from a smaller vehicle. How did you survey this specific “data” point and why does it even matter?

I think it’s your very Specific “knowledge“ that’s in question with most of your “facts“. You are Sure 90% of owners will come from a smaller vehicle. How did you survey this specific “data” point and why does it even matter?

Considering data given by Ford that 70% buyers were first time trucks owners, plus the fact that Tesla has better more loyal fan base than Ford, then 90% seems about right.

If it’s 85% 75% 50% 2% …… doesn’t matter, a lot will not like this car once they have owned it.

Reactions: TessP100D
How will you ever know if your prediction comes true?

Next year when we see Tesla used Inventory 🤣🤣🤣

The point is, no one should be surprised if someone buys a CT and then gets rid of it immediately because it wasn’t what they thoughts it was.

Everyone’s acting like it’s Gods gift to earth, when in reality it’s a middle of the pack EV.

So if I drive it for a month, and want to sell it. Can I, or at least try to have Tesla authorize a sale? I wonder if anyone will try it in a couple months. Say I don't really like it. I will pay the 0.25 a mile if you want it back. Seems like an easy out if it truly is a pipe dream on range. I think a little time is what we need. I remember driving across the US and people wanting to know energy usage stats on the early 3. I guess this is the same thing. Everyone wants to know data even if its crap data.

A range extender makes a certain amount of sense on the surface. Optional add on only for people who need it. Can potentially be removed when not needing to use it. But with some more thought it sounds really problematic. How do you install and remove it? It's probably very heavy. How would you store it? How it is heated/cooled? How is it charged? Does the Cybertruck have hookups designed to tie it into the existing thermal management and charging tech? Most disturbing, how often does Tesla come through on "extras"? They've done their hardest to eliminate all extras on their other cars, and that doesn't bode well for an extra like the range extender.

If it ever becomes real, and I kind of doubt that it will, I think it will be a permanent installation, so will result in permanently compromising the bed a fair amount.

Regardless, if Tesla acts like Tesla, they will probably end up deciding it is more trouble than it's worth and quietly cancelling it.

So if I drive it for a month, and want to sell it. Can I, or at least try to have Tesla authorize a sale? I wonder if anyone will try it in a couple months. Say I don't really like it. I will pay the 0.25 a mile if you want it back. Seems like an easy out if it truly is a pipe dream on range. I think a little time is what we need. I remember driving across the US and people wanting to know energy usage stats on the early 3. I guess this is the same thing. Everyone wants to know data even if its crap data.
The purpose of the policy is to prevent flipping/price gouging during the first year as production is constrained. Sell it for less than the purchase price, and I doubt that would be declined. IMO, people make a big deal over this for little reason. The people who are upset, are the low morals folks looking for easy money, and are willing to screw others in the process.

A range extender makes a certain amount of sense on the surface. Optional add on only for people who need it. Can potentially be removed when not needing to use it. But with some more thought it sounds really problematic. How do you install and remove it? It's probably very heavy. How would you store it? How it is heated/cooled? How is it charged? Does the Cybertruck have hookups designed to tie it into the existing thermal management and charging tech? Most disturbing, how often does Tesla come through on "extras"? They've done their hardest to eliminate all extras on their other cars, and that doesn't bode well for an extra like the range extender.

If it ever becomes real, and I kind of doubt that it will, I think it will be a permanent installation, so will result in permanently compromising the bed a fair amount.

Regardless, if Tesla acts like Tesla, they will probably end up deciding it is more trouble than it's worth and quietly cancelling it.
We've gone round and round on the topic of the "removability" of the REx package. I fall into the camp that believes that the Rex will not be removable. This pack will tie directly into the HV and cooling system, and will therefore only be installed by the service centers, and will not be removable as a result. Consumers, regardless of what others may think, aren't going to be permitted to mess around with the HV/cooling systems via any kind of self-service REx installation/removal, for the same reason that consumers void the vehicle warranty if they attempt to service the HV/cooling systems for the vehicle battery pack today.

I also agree that there's about a 50/50 chance of the REx ever actually coming to market in the first place, for the same reasons/concerns you have outlined in your post. They've already said late 2024, which is code for sometime in 2025 at best. And this is only if they receive sufficient pre-orders for the REx in the first place. If the REx demand isn't sufficient, then they won't ever bring it to market.

The people buying it who didn't really need a truck, but are just buying it based on the emotional hype, are in for a rude awakening when reality slaps them in the face. The driving performance of premium trim level trucks are quite good these days. However, it will still never match a premium car.

How quickly that will covert the new sales into used CT sales, we'll see. But I'd wager that most Cybertruck buyers will revert back to a car when it comes time for them to buy again. I doubt the Cybertruck will be attracting a large number of existing truck owners.

This is why I canceled my R1T reservation. I drive on self generated power mostly and I’m stingy about energy waste in the house. Why wouldn’t that carry over to the road? I got a Model Y instead and I’ve averaged 261Wh/mi over 25k miles.
You dodged one by canceling.
It’s worse than /any/ other EV ownership.
It looks fantastic while it parked, but hard to swallow 186 miles range at best at 100% charge.
rivian has entered the chat, selling like hotcakes 🤮🤢 and is 2016 tesla tech.

The Big Fraud continues. Offer to sell something that is not real and try to get gullible people to pay for it.