Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 to 75 upgrade not avail anymore? why not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following up on this... They replied that while the battery unlock happens quickly, the uncorking can take a few days. Not sure why. Perhaps it takes longer to update and therefore the car has to be stationary for longer, so not knowing the driving habits they hedge against that by saying a few days. I guess we will see. Hoping it works and I don't have to physically take the car in.
Has anyone had a successful uncorking over the wire? I think some get told that you got it, but that you can't actually get it without a trip to the service center.

Reactions: croman
I did see one older post where someone said they got it successfully done over the air, so I’m assuming you can. I still haven’t got it yet, though, and it’s been a couple of days. Not sure if they schedule it to happen when the car is plugged in for an extended time and wifi is strong. I’m going to move one of my mesh wifi points to the garage to see if that triggers it. I wish they would just schedule it with me when I know my car will be stationary so I can know if it worked or not, but I guess we will see. I’ve attached the invoice for reference.

Attachments

• 1B90F644-8C34-4446-B5AD-D85AE4FFB96B.jpeg
    1B90F644-8C34-4446-B5AD-D85AE4FFB96B.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 96
I found the posts talking about a successful OTA uncorking:

Quick update here. I made an appointment at my local service center to have them confirm or “fix” the uncorking of my car. They checked it but said that the car is showing as “uncorked” and that there is nothing else they can do if it already shows that in the config. They said they did the 60D to 75D upgrade and uncorking at the same time. I spoke with the lead tech, and he showed me my cars config page, and it is sure enough reading as “uncorked.” At another spot, it showed power config as P3 (I can’t remember the exact item nomenclature.) However, the performance is exactly the same. I’ve timed it and there is no change 0-60. I still get right at 5.2 seconds. I’m not sure where to go from here. I still love the car, but I’m pretty frustrated that I’m not getting what I expected to get when I paid for the upgrade. Anyone else experience this, and if so, what did you do?

...the performance is exactly the same. I’ve timed it and there is no change 0-60. I still get right at 5.2 seconds. I’m not sure where to go from here...
So uncorking changes the torque and horsepower limits of the car. You can do a performance run at 95% charge and verify over third party apps by looking at even just power over time (you can estimate torque).

It is technically possible for a device (battery, inverter, motor, etc.) to not get uncorked. Running these apps would let you know whether torque limits increased but not power (unlikely), or power limits got raised but not torque (more likely) or neither got increased (most likely). Bonus points if you want to record the CANBus stream and can look at the actual raw torque and power data.

But in the end, you still have to get someone to re-uncork your car.

Reactions: Selahvie
Thanks so much for this response. I was able to get them to escalate it to their tech team to investigate further. The lead tech I am working with has been great to work with… just trying to get him to re-do it. He doesn’t seem to understand how they would “re-uncork” the car since the config file pulled from the car says it’s already done. Does anyone have any experience or details on how a re-uncork was done that I can share with them?

It seems the update is not available anymore.
It very likely still is.
Service center said Tesla blocked it.
The specific person you talked with at that service center probably just doesn't know how to find it. I would recommend continuing to call around to different service centers until you find someone who knows how to do it.

Answer from Tesla UK:
"Service do not perform Range Upgrades anymore. However, any applicable upgrades suitable for your vehicle should be available to purchase via your MobileApp."
In the app, when I go to software upgrades, I get a nice error: "Unable to load upgrades. Please try again"

Anyone did the upgrade recently? In EU or US?