Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60D charging time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other way around, actually; the 60D is a software-limited 75D; which means unlike the 75D or 100D, the charging doesn't have to slow down as it gets “almost full” to protect the battery-life: you can charge right up to 100% at the full 100+ kW supercharger rate, which none of the rest of us can do!

(You can also always charge to 100% unlike in the non-limited cars, in which that's slightly bad for the battery.)

Pull that trigger! You'll love your 60D. (=

I hope you are right , I already pulled that trigger ;)

My Ds told me that the 60D should be charged only 80 -90% even tough it is software locked 70kwh battery. The software randomly limits the cells so we cannot 100 % charge. There is a lot of mixed information on this.

Because programmers like to purposely insert randomness into their coding. I hear it really helps solve bugs!

• Funny
Reactions: 1 person
I hope you are right , I already pulled that trigger ;)

My Ds told me that the 60D should be charged only 80 -90% even tough it is software locked 70kwh battery. The software randomly limits the cells so we cannot 100 % charge. There is a lot of mixed information on this.
Considering how many of the D's have either said to us, "iduno" or, " i'm not exactly positive - but my understanding is" the don't charge to 100% anyway thing might be taken w/ a grain of salt.

Reactions: spkonda
considering that we should only charge up to 80-90% for 60D from DS i wonder what their explanation is when ever I go to the mall to peek at the teslas parked and they are consistently plugged into the tesla wall charger...?

i am too curious because there is so much information out there and considering only information we can rely on is from the MS forum...and as of right now I have not seen anybody receiving their delivery of MX 60D yet...