Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got a chance to sit in a P90D with standard sound. Now I can tell you that I'm very happy to save $2500 on the UHFS. IMO, the clarity is not too far off when bass is lacking marginally. To be fair, I only listen to HD FM and MP3 stored in USB and I didn't get to play the settings and turn off Dolby. I'm not sure if FLAC can sound much better on UHFS and I never listen to FLAC.

I ordered with premium sound, and might have regretted as I'm not an audiophile. Not sure it'll really provide that much resale value either, over things thing tow package.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
On order: X90D Pearl White, tan leather, light headliner, 6 seater, 20", PUP, Sub-Zero, AP, Premium Sound, Tow hitch
Tesla Discount Referral code: Referral | Tesla Motors

According to my DS, downgrading to the 60 will likely delay my confirmed, but not produced order further beyond the current estimated September / early october delivery, so I guess I'm staying put with my 75D. I probably would lose some of the benefit I got from the free upgrade from 70D to 75D as well.

Just curious did you get SAS with your 70D originally? I did not, was considering a downgrade but because I did not choose SAS the downgrade would save me only $3000 I'm guessing (original price difference $6000-$500 change fee-$2500 for SAS), I'm presuming they would make me add SAS back. I asked my DS if adding SAS would be required, but she never responds back to me. So planning to stick with the 75D (upgrade from 70D).

Canceling my 60D order also. I plan to reorder in October to hopefully line up my delivery date with AP 2.0, Tesla 8.0, more updates/fixes & model year 2017. I know that Tesla says Model year doesn’t matter, but a lot of people don’t know that they’ve said it yet. It also better aligns with my preferred April delivery for Lord Willing the birth of our 3rd child. A lot can happen in Tesla world between now and April 2017.
Thanks for all of the information on this forum! It’s already helped me out quite a bit.

Canceling my 60D order also. I plan to reorder in October to hopefully line up my delivery date with AP 2.0, Tesla 8.0, more updates/fixes & model year 2017. I know that Tesla says Model year doesn’t matter, but a lot of people don’t know that they’ve said it yet. It also better aligns with my preferred April delivery for Lord Willing the birth of our 3rd child. A lot can happen in Tesla world between now and April 2017.
Thanks for all of the information on this forum! It’s already helped me out quite a bit.

You can generally push your delivery at least once if you ask your DS. A 4/17 delivery is possible with an order today. Just ask and save loosing your deposit.

My DS told me that 6 months (January) was as late as I could push back delivery. However, wouldn’t build still lock this Friday, and potentially prevent me from updating to any future changes even with the $500 change fee? If I order in October, I can request an April 2017 delivery and hopefully not miss any of Elon’s “obvious thing” updates by just a few months. I know that a few people are sore at being unable to swap models to a 60D. I don’t want to begin this futuristic journey with a bad taste in my mouth.

My DS told me that 6 months (January) was as late as I could push back delivery. However, wouldn’t build still lock this Friday, and potentially prevent me from updating to any future changes even with the $500 change fee? If I order in October, I can request an April 2017 delivery and hopefully not miss any of Elon’s “obvious thing” updates by just a few months. I know that a few people are sore at being unable to swap models to a 60D. I don’t want to begin this futuristic journey with a bad taste in my mouth.

One thing to consider is that if you reserve the car now, you also lock in the price. If the price increases on the car or packages, you will still pay the old price for new addons.

The big advantage of the 60D is that you can charge it to full trip-range every time.... rather than 80-90% (since you effectively have 75Kw capacity). So that means that you have the full 200 mile range available with every charge. Also, it will charge more quickly to full charge since you are never pushing it to the maximum of battery capacity where charge time starts to get really slow. I think the 60D is a fantastic option... way to go Tesla!

In our experience we pretty much get exactly the range that the MX displays on the screen. The only time it is lower is when there is a strong headwind or a big elevation gain. Our 90D MX displays 260 miles of range and we get 260 miles of range. I would expect the 60D to get the full 200 miles of range as well.

Great Point !

Great Point !
Agree, but those times you travel long distance from home or destination charger, 37 miles added overnight can mean a lot, from what I have read and about to experience. I am happy I did not have to make that decision being a 70D order-er who got the 5 bump. I suppose you cant lose choosing 60 with upgrade potential for a 500 fee I think it is. For those that need no 200+ mile trips, the 60D is an easy decision. A bit slower 0-60 than the 90's, but instant torque is more than enough to keep me sane.

I would go for the 90D, you would be amazed how often 20-30 miles range is the difference between being able to comfortably reach a supercharger or not. I think with the 75D you will have to lower your speed to below 60 mph to make chargers more often then you may like.

I am going to wait to see what the future holds....2.0, 100kwh etc...I would be fine with a 75 but 90 or 100 would be better. I just need to justify the cost in my head.