Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my VIN!!! Kind of low though 150xx but maybe normal being MSM. I will reach out SA for build date. They plan of delivering at home tomorrow. I am out of town and I wont even ask to move it on a later date since they will insist of delivering tomorrow EOQ and leave at my driveway. I will open up garage remotely and have him park inside garage.

Now that delivery is set, I will have another waiting feeling of getting back home.

congrats everyone!!!
Congrats!! I also ordered MSM, so exciting to see movement there. What were your build details, if you don’t mind sharing?

Reactions: Jemblue7my
First that I've seen this done! Amazing you can fit all that in there -- how much foot/leg space do the kids in the 3rd row end up having? Pics would be super informative :) I don't have 4 like you do, but there is a good chance that one of mine could see some forward facing convertible car seat time in the third row when family visits.

edit: I tried at an SC to put our Nuna Rava seat in the third row forward facing while other were checking out the car, so didn't get to do a great assessment, but it seemed maybe the kid's feet might always be scraping the back of the third row.
I wasn't sure it was going to work or if I was going to need to find slimmer car seats, so I'm thankful it does the job!

So for leg room space, I don't have any pictures on hand, but in the third row I'd say there were a few inches of clearance between my 6 year old's knees and the seat in front of her. In the second row, it was about the same clearance (since row two was move all the way forward).

She did make a comment that she was more comfortable in MY row three than she is in dad's M3 backseat, but that could just be from new car excitement. My 6 year old in the second row was using his feet to push on the passenger seat in front of him, but he knows how I feel about that and he promptly stopped. So, yes, they can easily reach the seat in front of them, but by extending their legs and not necessarily from the way their legs naturally sit in the car seat (at least with the ones we have).

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Does the 2nd row slide up at all to get access to the 3rd with the car seats clipped in? I’ll be putting 3 into mine two in the 2nd row and a booster in the 3rd. Thanks!!
Yes, like others have mentioned it does slide forward and tilt up while still allowing you to keep your child seats clipped in to LATCH. Depending on how bulky your seats are may limit how far forward the row will slide; my five point in the second row doesn't go quite as far forward as possible because the car seat stops it, but it doesn't inhibit ones ability to get in to the third row.

Model Y with 4 car seats: In case anyone is interested in seeing what how it looks with four car seats in our 7 seater, here you go! We have two full size five point convertible seats and two full back booster seats; one of each in a each row. The two kids sitting in the third row need to get along because they are very close to each other, but it's definitely manageable. We took delivery on Sunday, and although it was pouring rain (to be expected in Seattle I guess) everything went smoothly. Our two 3-year-olds and two almost 6-year olds are very happy and comfortable with this configuration, perfect amount of leg room even for the 6 year old in row three. Buckling the kids in the third row isn't too challenging either. I like how the second row can move up and forward with the car seat still locked to the child anchors. My husband has a M3, so being able to fit all four kiddos comfortably in one vehicle was important to us, and we are very happy with this purchase.
View attachment 649349
Wow! That's amazing! I have 4 kids, but only 2 carseats, 1 booster, and one who doesn't need any of those anymore.

My car is on its way to ABQ! I should be getting it in 4 or 5 hours. I'm so nervous. Crossing fingers for a relatively good experience. I will update later!
Looks like we are getting nearly concurrent deliveries!

After having the VIN disappear yesterday, being told it was due to a manufacturing issue, complaining, having the same VIN reassigned, complaining again, I got a 159xxx VIN assigned last night.

This morning I got a call from the local Costa Mesa Service Center that my car had arrived and appeared to be ready for delivery tomorrow. I pressed them if they could deliver today, and they agreed. Looking at receiving between 6 and 8 PST allegedly.

Can’t wait!

My SA said my car apparently is still in the Fremont lot waiting to be picked up so it is likely it won't be delivered tomorrow. They are hoping April 2nd but the website mentions the scheduled delivery date to be April 3rd. They were instead offering me a car used in test drive which had 616 miles if I wanted tomorrow. I said no.

Now I am thinking given they will likely miss their Q1 target, would they still have any reason to deliver it this week than end of Q2.

Guess, the drama is far from being over...

Got a call about my appointment tomorrow at 1000 needing to be pushed later in the day because of an issue found with static noise from the audio system. Arghhh....just hope that’s the only problem with the car. Spent too much time reading about delivery problems on this forum and now I’m very worried.

My SA said my car apparently is still in the Fremont lot waiting to be picked up so it is likely it won't be delivered tomorrow. They are hoping April 2nd but the website mentions the scheduled delivery date to be April 3rd. They were instead offering me a car used in test drive which had 616 miles if I wanted tomorrow. I said no.

Now I am thinking given they will likely miss their Q1 target, would they still have any reason to deliver it this week than end of Q2.

Guess, the drama is far from being over...
I am 18 minutes from Fremont - happy to pick that baby up for you and drive it up the Sisikyou Mts. for ya! Might take me a few days! We used to make the trek from Oakland to Portland for NYE with friends every year from 2008 - 2012, but said friends moved back to chicago.

Reactions: abtheguru
Story time! Last night I noticed that my account said pay final payment again and the adjustment for my grant was gone. The next morning as soon as the SC was open, I called and asked what was going on. I was told that since there was a change to my account my vin was released. Meaning they gave someone else my car!, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Then like I've already shared with you all, they offered to match me ASAP but they only had cars up north that required a $500 transport fee. The Nice guy at the SC told me that he would talk to his manager to figure it out for me when I reminded him that my grant was still an issue and that it expired today! He said, "TODAY! " then I said "today" he then told me to give him an hour to straighten this out. Almost exactly an hour later I get an email saying your vin is in! He calls back a few seconds later to confirm. He asks if everything was good and I tell him yes. He says, let me look and see where your car is....... hmm.... it looks like.... it'sssss...... HERE! would you like to pick up today? Y'all know what I said! Anyways everything moved light speed and I'm home with my car! It looks good, only complaint was the door handles are not sitting flush, they're a little pushed in.
what grant are you talking about? Air District? Cam you give more details?
I have the grant from air district and will expire in 20 days (I ordered the SR 7 seats on Feb18, 2021 and still waiting
Thanks

Reactions: Axeman
Tool delivery this afternoon. I’ve done a full
Inspection on the outside of the car, but haven’t yet been able to complete the checklist on the inside of the car. Initial thoughts:
1. Soooo much fun to drive;
2. Looks beautiful;
3. Definitely some not perfect panel alignments for fit and finish. Specifically where more than 2 joints come together - like at the side view mirrors, and at the joint between the hatch, back quarter panel, and door. Overall, pretty good but not perfect.
4. Paint appears to have no issues at all.

I’ll try to post a detailed review later this week!

what grant are you talking about? Air District? Cam you give more details?
I have the grant from air district and will expire in 20 days (I ordered the SR 7 seats on Feb18, 2021 and still waiting
Thanks
- Clean Vehicle Assistance Program they have a long waiting list now. I got in on it last year before it grew in popularity. You can see what incentives are there for you directly on the tesla site. It really handy. Put in your state and what's available to you pops up!