Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations to everyone getting their cars! Nice to hear people liek @duran505 and people in my Region/State (SF Bay Area, NorCal/SoCal) are getting cars.

Was assigned a 154XXX VIN on Friday, but no movement on my account of contact from SA since then. Payment arrived at Tesla this morning according to UPS, so hopefully things will start moving for me? I spoke to someone at the Dublin SC who said that my VIN is pre-production, but it is likely we'll see someone drop the car off to us in Hayward (just up the freeway from Fremont) "by Wednesday, 3/31". Makes sense since I'm assuming they're all trying to squeeze as many out for the EoQ.

Anyhow, good luck everyone!

Congratz and like the others said damn so much drama. I'm praying that I don't have these issues but I already have ordering processing issues like order stuck and etc that I had to work out with SA.
I believe that you will not have any other issues. It will be smooth sailing the rest of the way for you my friend.
Good to know. Was it the express site in Buena Park? I am going there tomorrow.
It's where the knots berry farm is, in that parking lot.

Hi! New here. Ordered my MY 3/24 and am excited to take delivery in 4-14 days as quoted yesterday! Called SA and was matched to a VIN in existing inventory in Vegas (10 hours from me), nearly same build with addition of tow. Vin 159,xxx.
Pearl White/Black Interior/20"/7 seater

Now scouring this community for every thing I need to know as a first time Tesla owner!!

I got my VIN!!! Kind of low though 150xx but maybe normal being MSM. I will reach out SA for build date. They plan of delivering at home tomorrow. I am out of town and I wont even ask to move it on a later date since they will insist of delivering tomorrow EOQ and leave at my driveway. I will open up garage remotely and have him park inside garage.

Now that delivery is set, I will have another waiting feeling of getting back home.

congrats everyone!!!

Hi! New here. Ordered my MY 3/24 and am excited to take delivery in 4-14 days as quoted yesterday! Called SA and was matched to a VIN in existing inventory in Vegas (10 hours from me), nearly same build with addition of tow. Vin 159,xxx.
Pearl White/Black Interior/20"/7 seater

Now scouring this community for every thing I need to know as a first time Tesla owner!!

They told me they don't know exactly how long it will take to get from Vegas to Idaho though... neighboring states. Is that normal? Thats the difference in 4-14 days from SA.

Updated: I got my LR7 white/white last Thurs in Costa Mesa, CA. I am not too picky but the car is near perfect, I didn’t see any major imperfection.
There’s tiny hole on the back seat that my wife noticed and will have the chair replaced this Thurs.
One other thing is that when I turn, there’s a sound like there’s loose object on the driver side rolling inside. I will ask the SC guy to check it out.
Good you're getting it replaced. It's a brand new car and you deserve to have a brand new immaculate car delivered. On the first day of delivery, I was so happy that I wasn't really paying attention to the gaps, misalignment of panels and uneven frunk until the next day. But this image was so obvious the first day of receipt. There's a chip on the wooden dashboard trim that sits just behind the front display panel. I'm getting this (and other items) replaced/repaired tomorrow.
PXL_20210327_222213082.jpg

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Model Y with 4 car seats: In case anyone is interested in seeing what how it looks with four car seats in our 7 seater, here you go! We have two full size five point convertible seats and two full back booster seats; one of each in a each row. The two kids sitting in the third row need to get along because they are very close to each other, but it's definitely manageable. We took delivery on Sunday, and although it was pouring rain (to be expected in Seattle I guess) everything went smoothly. Our two 3-year-olds and two almost 6-year olds are very happy and comfortable with this configuration, perfect amount of leg room even for the 6 year old in row three. Buckling the kids in the third row isn't too challenging either. I like how the second row can move up and forward with the car seat still locked to the child anchors. My husband has a M3, so being able to fit all four kiddos comfortably in one vehicle was important to us, and we are very happy with this purchase.
20210330_121927.jpg

Model Y with 4 car seats: In case anyone is interested in seeing what how it looks with four car seats in our 7 seater, here you go! We have two full size five point convertible seats and two full back booster seats; one of each in a each row. The two kids sitting in the third row need to get along because they are very close to each other, but it's definitely manageable. We took delivery on Sunday, and although it was pouring rain (to be expected in Seattle I guess) everything went smoothly. Our two 3-year-olds and two almost 6-year olds are very happy and comfortable with this configuration, perfect amount of leg room even for the 6 year old in row three. Buckling the kids in the third row isn't too challenging either. I like how the second row can move up and forward with the car seat still locked to the child anchors. My husband has a M3, so being able to fit all four kiddos comfortably in one vehicle was important to us, and we are very happy with this purchase.
View attachment 649349
Very impressive!

View attachment 649349
First that I've seen this done! Amazing you can fit all that in there -- how much foot/leg space do the kids in the 3rd row end up having? Pics would be super informative :) I don't have 4 like you do, but there is a good chance that one of mine could see some forward facing convertible car seat time in the third row when family visits.

edit: I tried at an SC to put our Nuna Rava seat in the third row forward facing while other were checking out the car, so didn't get to do a great assessment, but it seemed maybe the kid's feet might always be scraping the back of the third row.

I got my VIN!!! Kind of low though 150xx but maybe normal being MSM. I will reach out SA for build date. They plan of delivering at home tomorrow. I am out of town and I wont even ask to move it on a later date since they will insist of delivering tomorrow EOQ and leave at my driveway. I will open up garage remotely and have him park inside garage.

Now that delivery is set, I will have another waiting feeling of getting back home.

congrats everyone!!!
I also got a VIN reassigned (also 150xxx), which is lower than the 159xxx assigned. The 159xxx was in pre-production status for several days, so I wonder if they assigned a new VIN that is ready to deliver by tomorrow. Based on the MVPA, the new VIN has 15 mi in odometer.

I also got a VIN reassigned (also 150xxx), which is lower than the 159xxx assigned. The 159xxx was in pre-production status for several days, so I wonder if they assigned a new VIN that is ready to deliver by tomorrow. Based on the MVPA, the new VIN has 15 mi in odometer.
My MVPA also specified 15mi on the odometer; which is a little weird, because I'm being told most likely that the car will be driven over to my house and dropped off (more miles!). Just hope it doesn't count against my 24hr/100mi eval period.

I'm shocked and impressed

View attachment 649349
Does the 2nd row slide up at all to get access to the 3rd with the car seats clipped in? I’ll be putting 3 into mine two in the 2nd row and a booster in the 3rd. Thanks!!

Reactions: EchoDelta
Does the 2nd row slide up at all to get access to the 3rd with the car seats clipped in? I’ll be putting 3 into mine two in the 2nd row and a booster in the 3rd.
We leave the car seats in the 2nd row and put adults in the 3rd row (including myself 5'10") to avoid taking out the car seats. For a forward facing child seat, the 2nd row slides past its normal limit and tilts for easier access to the 3rd row, so yes you can get access even leaving the car seat clipped in. One caveat is that this only works for LATCH as the shoulder strap seatbelt would probably prevent much sliding of the 2nd row seat. We've done this for several trips over ~2 months now, but most of the time we leave the 3rd row folded down.

My MVPA also specified 15mi on the odometer; which is a little weird, because I'm being told most likely that the car will be driven over to my house and dropped off (more miles!). Just hope it doesn't count against my 24hr/100mi eval period.
I have it too at 15 miles. At first being 150xx, I thought it was the one in inventory at Rocklin CA (100mi from bay area). Yes by the time it reach home it will be additional 30 miles. My SA said my 24 hours starts after I get back from vacation.

I have it too at 15 miles. At first being 150xx, I thought it was the one in inventory at Rocklin CA (100mi from bay area). Yes by the time it reach home it will be additional 30 miles. My SA said my 24 hours starts after I get back from vacation.
Perhaps 15 miles is the standard QC test drive by Tesla. I called the SC and they said my assigned VIN is actually still in production. Good luck to you both in getting your cars by home delivery.