Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the SR is dead, but they’re still honouring orders with deposits. Now I’m not sure I want a car that they killed so quickly. There must be a big reason.

Best case scenario, for the US market they have some inside info on the timeframe of the potential passage of the federal GREEN act which would make 400K of Tesla’s cars eligible for a $7K federal tax credit, from the time of passage. That bill is currently written such that only deliveries taking place after passage of the bill would be eligible for the credit. This seems pretty stupid to me, as it’s discouraging people from taking deliveries of Teslas and GM cars right now; it really should be changed to be retroactive to Jan 1. Anyway, it does seem possible at least that Tesla feels that once that $7K credit kicks in, that’ll bring the price of the LR AWD down to a point of sufficient demand. Full best case scenario from my POV would have been the SR RWD with the $7K credit (ideally retroactive of course, but even just going forward, would have been great) but who knows, maybe this tax credit situation will spur Tesla to reconsider the LR RWD.

On a personal note, I’d been hoping to take delivery of my SR before the end of this month, so I could sell/return my other vehicles and not have to make any more payments on them. But now that’s all up in the air, given that my VIN has disappeared. Sigh.

Logged back in this morning and looks like everything was automatically recalculated since last night. Sales taxes, total price, etc are now in line with the $1k reduction.

Interesting how the line items didn't add up accurately one moment and next moment are. Are they using time as a variable when performing arithmetic?

My White Ex, Black In, 7 seater, 19in, tow, also went down 1k overnight.
I’m a little confused. Why would Tesla reduce prices toward the end of a fiscal quarter and on the eve of a (possible) tax credit? They desperately need to show that they are becoming profitable to justify their current stock price.

I’m certainly not complaining about a 1k savings, but in the true scheme of things it’s not that meaningful in the scheme of a nearly 60k transaction.

I’m simply trying to speculate as to why it is happening and if it precludes future price decreases.

The word is on the verge of an EV takeover and there are some major players that are about to throw their hats into the ring. Is Tesla slowly dropping prices to remain competitive? What does that mean for my long term purchase/ resale value?

I have no intention of delaying my personal delivery but it does cause one to ask a few questions.

Reactions: flyingcasual
Wow - you definitely got the new headlights? That would be a pleasant surprise (I’m a 131xxx too - delivery expected around March 5)

Hey, Im from brooklyn NY as well and when I called the Brooklyn SR they estimated my delivery for March 5th as well. Perhaps both our cars are in the same shipment batch. When did you get your VIN and what's your build?

I just received my first communication from Tesla via text since I ordered back in January.
Has anyone else received this? Does it mean anything or just that they are using a new automated system?

Hello! This is Tesla's Central Order Support Team and we wanted to say congratulations on your new reservation! If you have any questions you can reply to this text or call us directly at 510-xxx-xxxx(press option 1). Thank you!

Best case scenario, for the US market they have some inside info on the timeframe of the potential passage of the federal GREEN act which would make 400K of Tesla’s cars eligible for a $7K federal tax credit, from the time of passage. That bill is currently written such that only deliveries taking place after passage of the bill would be eligible for the credit. This seems pretty stupid to me, as it’s discouraging people from taking deliveries of Teslas and GM cars right now; it really should be changed to be retroactive to Jan 1. Anyway, it does seem possible at least that Tesla feels that once that $7K credit kicks in, that’ll bring the price of the LR AWD down to a point of sufficient demand. Full best case scenario from my POV would have been the SR RWD with the $7K credit (ideally retroactive of course, but even just going forward, would have been great) but who knows, maybe this tax credit situation will spur Tesla to reconsider the LR RWD.

On a personal note, I’d been hoping to take delivery of my SR before the end of this month, so I could sell/return my other vehicles and not have to make any more payments on them. But now that’s all up in the air, given that my VIN has disappeared. Sigh.

Getting the tax credit would be great, but I really don’t want to wait on congress. We sold one of our two vehicles in Jan because our SR estimate was 2-6 weeks and Carvana gave us an unbeatable offer. Having one vehicle is getting old. This week will be the end of the original 6 week range for our order. We are waiting to see what happens this week, but kind of don’t want a SR if it’s discontinued already.

I just received my first communication from Tesla via text since I ordered back in January.
Has anyone else received this? Does it mean anything or just that they are using a new automated system?

Hello! This is Tesla's Central Order Support Team and we wanted to say congratulations on your new reservation! If you have any questions you can reply to this text or call us directly at 510-xxx-xxxx(press option 1). Thank you!

I ordered in January and gave gotten 4-5 texts since.

Just got text message asking to schedule pickup. Options are March 4th - 6th! We picked the 4th. Not sure my wife will be able to handle the wait at this point. I understand her pain from waiting on my M3P last year! Posted a few pages back when we got our vin last week. 130xxx. Picking up in Charlotte NC. MSM 20s LR white interior FSD 7 seater

Just got text message asking to schedule pickup. Options are March 4th - 6th! We picked the 4th. Not sure my wife will be able to handle the wait at this point. I understand her pain from waiting on my M3P last year! Posted a few pages back when we got our vin last week. 130xxx. Picking up in Charlotte NC. MSM 20s LR white interior FSD 7 seater
Congrats! Will they drop your price before delivery?