Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent them an email. They called me back after a few days. Basically, in order for them to apply $3000 reduction, they had to reconfigure it, which meant that I lost the $2K FSD saving since the pre-order. The net saving is $1K.

I took the chance to drop the 7-seat option. After I saw the pictures of Rear-ended Ys, I do not think it is safe to sit in the rear seats..

I'm sure it will be reinforced like the S was for the (more risky IMO) 3rd row.

re: the 2K FSD savings there's a chance there will be a "price special" like the 2K AP price I jumped on. Maybe reconfigure then?

It would explain why, or is at least consistent with the fact that Sandy Munro didn’t find mountings for the 3rd row in the Model Y tear down.
Interesting observation.

End of year! I’m guessing Nov for availability of 7 seat non-perf because... no reasons just hunches.
Or December 84th if we hit some casting hell snafu. As all things Tesla, low expectations and a sense of adventure are the key to satisfaction but dammit I need to change my car soon.

It would explain why, or is at least consistent with the fact that Sandy Munro didn’t find mountings for the 3rd row in the Model Y tear down.
I don't agree, the 3rd row seat-belt mounting locations are quite noticeable, I can see them from Mars !!! :

Model Y - 3rd Row Upper Lower 2.jpg

Model Y - 3rd Row 2.jpg

Last edited:
It’s still consistent because Sandy couldn’t find the mountings for the seats which will presumably go in the single piece underbody rear. The parts of the frame you showed isn’t part of that casting so it needed the mounts for the seat belts if they are going to use the same tooling for that piece for the cars made back in May to when cars with 3rd row starts rolling out of the factory. The 2-piece casting prior to the Giga Press wouldn’t have mountings for the 3rd row if the intention was always to make cars with 3rd row using the single piece casting coming out of the Giga press.

Model Y single casting:
Charged EVs | In Model Y, Tesla replaces 70 underbody parts with one casting

• Love
Reactions: durjosep
No it closed earlier in the year when they updated the reservations from a $2500 fee to a $100 fee. I want to say February or March. Those of us with reservations are from 2019 when pre-orders/reservations were open. This also included the ability to reserve RWD models as well. Most or all of us have been stuck on "drafting contract since March if we input payment/loan/insurance (current vehicle)/ trade information.

I would assume/hope they fulfill the pre-orders before opening up the option for new orders. But wouldn't be surprised either if it opens up November/December.