Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My date was moved back again to 3/5, but its in transit. MY SA said that the VINs are not sequential (as many have stated), and he also added that they switched the line on 2/8. So if you know your build date is after 2/8 then you should be good. FWIW, I have a 116XXX VIN and was built on 2/14 (valentine's day). The plot thickens, though, b/c we are headed on vacation on 3/4, so he thinks it will get here a little early, but if it doesn't he already told me that won't hold it for more than 3 days...so i will have to go back in queue...never a dull moment.

Good news, and a little more background that may help y'all. My car arrived in chicagoland on Saturday (we know b/c our SA told us it was in Colorado on Wednesday of last week and then we stopped in (service center is only 20 minutes away). Our SA looked it up and said he would do everything possible to get us our car before we fly out on this wednesday (and since it was in the area, he knew we had a good chance). So, its in the service center today and they are detailing/inspecting and we are picking it up tomorrow at 4:30PM. Stay in contact with your SA, is my only advice. Yes, we can be annoying, but nice to not have to go back in queue..now we need to see if the car is in delivery shape!! I will update either way....

White/Black/19in/7 seat/hitch/no FSD

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I had a VIN this morning on my account and got my insurance set up and went back to upload it and the VIN is gone! Anyone else had that happen?? Ordered Jan 15th....
Oh wow .first thing is why did u get the insurance before even you know when is the delivery date .vin conformation means nothing .and secondly did you call your SA to find out what happened with the vin

Received this bummer of a text today. Had a scheduled delivery on 3/5 and I'm already made reservations to go away 3/10. I called them to let them know my situation to see if anything can be done. Whats even more suspicious is, I had then check the last known location of my car, and its in NJ!!!! About an hour away from where i need to pick it up from. Im looking out my window and I dont see any severe weather anywhere around.

Tesla Update - Due to severe weather, we now expect your Model Y to arrive later to the Brooklyn Delivery Center than we originally anticipated. We will update you tomorrow with new timing for your delivery appointment.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we are looking forward to delivering your Model Y soon.

When I had my Model 3 coming in last September, I got the call that it was ready for my pickup date the next day. They ended up calling that afternoon saying they were mistaken and that it would be ready in two days. The day before my new pickup date I get a call to confirm my pickup and I confirm, since I am anal, that it is literally on the lot being detailed and they confirm. 2 hours later I get a call that it turns out it never arrived and was stuck in Chicago waiting to be taken off the rail car and picked up by a delivery truck. They said delivery would take another 3-5 days to arrive via truck to NY. Once again being anal I called the next day, and the next, and the next to see where the car was in transit and every day it was still stuck in Chicago. FINALLY it got on a truck 3 days later and arrived without any issues 4 days later. Moral of the story....dont rely on them saying it is located somewhere without calling multiple times to get them to confirm. A lot of times, like in my case, they were telling me where it "should" be based on the timeline, and not where it was actually GPS located.

When I had my Model 3 coming in last September, I got the call that it was ready for my pickup date the next day. They ended up calling that afternoon saying they were mistaken and that it would be ready in two days. The day before my new pickup date I get a call to confirm my pickup and I confirm, since I am anal, that it is literally on the lot being detailed and they confirm. 2 hours later I get a call that it turns out it never arrived and was stuck in Chicago waiting to be taken off the rail car and picked up by a delivery truck. They said delivery would take another 3-5 days to arrive via truck to NY. Once again being anal I called the next day, and the next, and the next to see where the car was in transit and every day it was still stuck in Chicago. FINALLY it got on a truck 3 days later and arrived without any issues 4 days later. Moral of the story....dont rely on them saying it is located somewhere without calling multiple times to get them to confirm. A lot of times, like in my case, they were telling me where it "should" be based on the timeline, and not where it was actually GPS located.
Thanks for the advice and will be pesky just like you were especially since I have a deadline of 3/10 before I have to cancel and start all over. They did tell me that last known location was NJ so that i assume is GPS located, but i wouldnt put anything past them at this point.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Oh wow .first thing is why did u get the insurance before even you know when is the delivery date .vin conformation means nothing .and secondly did you call your SA to find out what happened with the vin
Yes...No word from my SA. I think today is her day off. And I got my insurance set up because that's the last step - you can't have proof in Texas until you have a VIN. I didn't want anything delaying it and I'm eager. ;)

Question for those who ordered their 7 seater in 2019...
When was your original estimated delivery date? What’s was the expectation set by Tesla?

I ordered the Performance 7 seater in 2019. Tesla called to change to LR7 in late Jan 2021. I live in SoCal and still have not received my VIN. I don't have any priority for ordering it in 2019. It's been 2 years; what's another month or two.

When was your original estimated delivery date? What’s was the expectation set by Tesla?
Didn't get an estimated delivery date until end of January. (1/27 if I had to pick a date). The estimated delivery date was basically "today" to 2/14, then shifting to "today" and 2/17, then shifting to "today" to 3/1. Got a vin on 2/18, could have taken delivery on 2/19 but took delivery on 2/20 b/c my bank failed at drawing up contracts.

this gives me hope...as I am in TX waiting for this config: white/white/20" and per my SA I'm supposed to receive my VIN today (although I don't know if the factory shutdown was known at the time SA told me this on 2/11).

So 3/1 has come and gone and I did not receive a VIN. I have not spoken to my SA since 2/11 - no response to any calls or emails. I chatted Tesla yesterday and they said I would receive a call within 24 hours.

I ordered April 10, 2019. I have never had any estimated delivery date displayed on my account. The first time I spoke to an advisor I was told I would receive my car mid February and now the last time I spoke to him it's "before the end of March." Everything that I was supposed to do to get my account ready was done a long time ago. So, I have no idea why my car hasn't been built yet.

• Love
Reactions: durjosep
Feeling a lot of the same frustration as you all. Originally had a delivery window of Feb 2-27th, which came and went and then we all lost our estimated delivery dates... reached out to my SA who said she has no idea why there's a delay, but told me: "Delivery timeline is this month, more than likely, the end of this month. Once you receive a VIN, our delivery team will reach out to schedule."

I responded back, like many of you, that the loan I arranged is only good until 3/22 and I'd rather not have to take the hard credit inquiry hit again just because they blew their expected delivery window by over a month! So we'll see. I'll keep you guys updated, but not holding my breath. Also got a baby due in the beginning of April, so if it takes so long and/or baby comes early, I really don't want to have to deal with the whole "back of the line" thing.

MY / LR AWD / 7s / White / Black / 20" / AP / No Tow

So 3/1 has come and gone and I did not receive a VIN. I have not spoken to my SA since 2/11 - no response to any calls or emails. I chatted Tesla yesterday and they said I would receive a call within 24 hours.

just called the main Tesla line (call a gallery phone # > press option for help with Tesla product).

The gentleman said "we've been getting a lot of model Y orders and everything is pushed back about a week. using this other system.... it appears you should get your car middle of this month. all cars built after 2/7 should have the new center console"

Reactions: DmARK
just called the main Tesla line (call a gallery phone # > press option for help with Tesla product).

The gentleman said "we've been getting a lot of model Y orders and everything is pushed back about a week. using this other system.... it appears you should get your car middle of this month. all cars built after 2/7 should have the new center console"
Seems we can finally put the center console to bed, yeah?
Now it’s time to start watching for the Hepa filter, updated battery and the Tax Credit.
Ha ha!
It never seems to stop, does it?

Reactions: Ywait

Did he say anything about new headlights on LR models?

My wishlist is a 7 seater with solar integrated into the roof so it changes while I drive and park. There just isn’t enough real estate on the roof to fit enough panels to make a difference. Technology simply needs to catch up, but in the mean time I guess I’ll settle for a more realistic “wish” and hope for the Hepa filter.

• Funny
Reactions: EchoDelta