Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got of the phone with the most helpful person I have spoken to at Tesla.

He was able to look up my account and said that he shows that my car should be completed approximately March 19th and should be to the service center in Salt Lake City around the 23rd.

On the one hand I’m frustrated based on the fact that they will miss their self imposed target delivery window by almost 3 weeks and people who ordered well after me have already received Vins. On the other hand this is helpful because it will allow me to relax on the page refreshes to once a day (down from 15).

On the other bright side it allows a little extra time for things like the HEPA, Headlights and tax credit to take shape. (Though I don’t expect any of them)

So much for trying to avoid Teslas famous End-Of-Quarter production rush.

MY/ LR/ 7seater / white out / black in / tow
Ordered 1/22/2021 out of SLC Utah

He was able to look up my account and said that he shows that my car should be completed approximately March 19th and should be to the service center in Salt Lake City around the 23rd.

On the one hand I’m frustrated based on the fact that they will miss their self imposed target delivery window by almost 3 weeks and people who ordered well after me have already received Vins. On the other hand this is helpful because it will allow me to relax on the page refreshes to once a day (down from 15).

On the other bright side it allows a little extra time for things like the HEPA, Headlights and tax credit to take shape. (Though I don’t expect any of them)

what phone number did you call or was it your SC

Seeing this makes me doubt I'll get mine by end of month now. I ordered about 22 days after you and my delivery dates shows 3/2 to 3/30 before disappearing. I have doubts that if I ordered 22 days later, I'll get my car within a week of yours.

I ordered 1/16/21/ LR White/Blk/20''/no hitch/no FSD in Idaho. I think our cars will arrive at the same time. All Idaho orders get delivered to SLC first then to Boise SC.

I called the local dealership and waited on hold. My SA has been MIA.
The person who actually answered was out of Texas but he was great.

Cam, regarding your delivery it’s hard to tell when you will receive yours. A lot depends on your configuration and when the factory is working on that config. If they start turning out your version before mine then you very well may be ahead of me.
The whole thing seems to be a bloody roll of the dice.

(This is also all made with the wild assumption that the person I spoke to ACTUALLY knows what he is taking about)

Well Tesla themselves talk about profile completion, which is everything up to the insurance portion. I was curious on user Balcy who had the same configuration I did, but ordered 5 days earlier, is in WA, and didn't have a VIN yet

I more wanted a VIN soon to try and avoid end of quarter rush QC issues (again, assuming that's a cause).

I ordered 1/26. Everything but insurance was completed by 2/7, and I uploaded my insurance info on 2/9 after my SA suggested that doing so would speed up the process of matching me to a car. So my profile probably wasn't complete until several days after yours.

In terms of 7 seaters in canada on the sheet, I notice out east they've received vins
anyone from Vancouver Canada? still waiting for my LR 7 seater.. ordered feb 20.
Vancouver here. Jan 7 LRAWD7 Blue black 20 tow FSD :) barely a peep from sa. Eta was Feb 22 but since it disappeared haven't heard anything. I'm expecting something any day since some with similar specs have received vins in Ontario and Quebec and since we're on the west coast it seems we get them last due to proximity to freemont

In terms of 7 seaters in canada on the sheet, I notice out east they've received vins

Vancouver here. Jan 7 LRAWD7 Blue black 20 tow FSD :) barely a peep from sa. Eta was Feb 22 but since it disappeared haven't heard anything. I'm expecting something any day since some with similar specs have received vins in Ontario and Quebec and since we're on the west coast it seems we get them last due to proximity to freemont
ah ok, good luck, i hope you get yours soon.

thanks for your reply - when you say high up in the list for the color.. does it depend on spec? so LR higher up?
I mean they ship from furthest to closest. I live in Southern California and I'm most likely getting my car at the end of the quarter. They've shipped lots of cars to Canada already mostly white AWD. That's what I've been able to piece together by comments here and the spreadsheet.