Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery yesterday. In Santa Barbara. Pick up was scheduled for 12pm but got a text at 10am that it was ready for pick up, so got it earlier. Car was flawless did not see any serious issues. FYI... Car was build 3/9 and had new center console and heated steering wheel but no new headlights.

LR 7seat 20” full self driving
Order date: 1/26
Vin date: 3/10
Delivery: 3/13
What’s your VIN?

Hi, what is your Y details? We ordered on 1/12, SR, red coat, 7 seats. No Vin yet. Just received text from our SA that our car wasn’t produced yet. But in text 2 weeks ago she said latest ETA will be in end of March. We re in Honolulu
LR MY, MSM w/white interior, 7 seats, Induction wheels. Ordered 3/11.

I originally was going to get the SR, but it wasn’t an option when I pulled the trigger.

Got a VIN yesterday:

LR AWD, 7 seat, white ext/black int, 19”, no FSD, no tow.
VIN: 146XXX
Order date: 2/20/21
VIN date: 3/13/21
Delivery date: ?
Delivery location: Charlotte NC

Although it may sound picky to some, I really enjoy great headlights and am probably willing to wait if this one doesn’t have the upgraded ones. I mean, I’m spending this much money and plan to keep it a long time, so why not be patient? I’m eagerly awaiting reports of cars with similar VINs with new lights. So far no reports, so I know chances are low, but I also don’t think I’ve seen a report of a VIN this high being delivered yet.

Does anyone know how to find out about the lights ahead of time? Can my SA look it up?

Got a VIN yesterday:

LR AWD, 7 seat, white ext/black int, 19”, no FSD, no tow.
VIN: 146XXX
Order date: 2/20/21
VIN date: 3/13/21
Delivery date: ?
Delivery location: Charlotte NC

Although it may sound picky to some, I really enjoy great headlights and am probably willing to wait if this one doesn’t have the upgraded ones. I mean, I’m spending this much money and plan to keep it a long time, so why not be patient? I’m eagerly awaiting reports of cars with similar VINs with new lights. So far no reports, so I know chances are low, but I also don’t think I’ve seen a report of a VIN this high being delivered yet.

Does anyone know how to find out about the lights ahead of time? Can my SA look it up?
Just bear in mind, if you don’t accept this one you’ll probably be looking at a May-June delivery.

Just got a text from Tesla with a link to schedule our delivery date/time!

Yesterday, I reached out to our SA, and they informed me that our car is expected to arrive at the Jacksonville, FL service center on the 22nd and that our car is still in California. The text we received today said that our MY was on its way to the service center, and we were given delivery dates from March 24-26.

LR AWD, 7 seat, white/black, 19”, no FSD, no tow.
VIN: 141XXX
Order date: 1/16/21
VIN date: 3/9/21
Expected delivery date: 3/25/21
N. Florida
I am FL also (Orlando) and SA indicated my car was on a train and should be in on the 27th and possibly earlier. Maybe we are on the same choo choo. Lol.

Reactions: Mike-3
LR AWD 7 Seater W/ FSD & Tow Hitch
  • Ordered 02/11/2021
  • VIN assigned 03/12/2021, no text only email
  • Completed payment and insurance steps 03/14/2021
  • VIN 145XXX
  • No Delivery date yet, but was told that it's on its way to the NE from California
Does anyone know how to get the build date or if VIN145XXX has the new console & headlights?

LR AWD 7 Seater W/ FSD & Tow Hitch
  • Ordered 02/11/2021
  • VIN assigned 03/12/2021, no text only email
  • Completed payment and insurance steps 03/14/2021
  • VIN 145XXX
  • No Delivery date yet, but was told that it's on its way to the NE from California
Does anyone know how to get the build date or if VIN145XXX has the new console & headlights?

Highly unlikely you got the headlights. Console is a pretty safe bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: camthehombre