Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it usually take to get initial contact from a SA? I placed an order on 3/9 (first tesla, woo) and completed the profile the next day. No one has contacted me yet via phone or email.

I am just curious because it sounds like some of you have very active SAs.
I heard from mine within minutes of placing the order. I've, for the most part, have been reaching out first after. I've gotten some semi-automated emails from my SA, usually after my finding out info on my own.
I ordered from Tesla store after I did the test drive. The sales person told me if I order from the store computer a SA is assigned right away. I ordered the car and then I got congratulation email from my SA. The email has all my SA contact info.
I didn't order from the store but I did do a test drive and the sales person ended up being my SA, so I think it's the same concept. If you do a test drive or purchase from the store, someone is already assigned to you so you are already on their list come purchase.

I heard from mine within minutes of placing the order. I've, for the most part, have been reaching out first after. I've gotten some semi-automated emails from my SA, usually after my finding out info on my own.

I didn't order from the store but I did do a test drive and the sales person ended up being my SA, so I think it's the same concept. If you do a test drive or purchase from the store, someone is already assigned to you so you are already on their list come purchase.
Good to know. I did do a test drive, but didn't order in the store. We'll see what happens.

How do the all weather mats fit in the 7 seater? I asked Tesla support and they said they don’t offer 7-seat mats yet but not sure why the current ones being sold wouldn’t work with the front and second row.
I’ll let you know tomorrow when I take delivery! I have the all weather interior liners which fit 5 and 7 seaters. The trunk liners Tesla sells are 5 seater only.

Reactions: JohnCE
To keep any California/Bay area customers up to date, my SA has said none of the Local Bay Area delivery centers have received a Model Y LR 7 Seater delivery yet, (With the white interior.) This is as of 1:00pm PCF today, and my delivery date has been pushed to sometime in April. Hopefully before then.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
Keep in mind you would be waiting for the US Laws to catch up and make the tech in the new headlights usable. Reports are that they act like regular lights now because of regulations.

Sure a wifi update would easily activate them, but come that time the Tesla vehicles will have so many new things headlights will be one of many on a list of reasons to delay delivery
I don’t understand that. Are they not just lights that the car can aim based on the direction you’re turning? If so, I’ve had several cars which do that, including the Mazda Miata which I currently own. What am I missing?

How do the all weather mats fit in the 7 seater? I asked Tesla support and they said they don’t offer 7-seat mats yet but not sure why the current ones being sold wouldn’t work with the front and second row.
I've watched a TON of reviews on mats, it sounds like most are fitted for the non-seven seaters but not the seven seaters yet. Being a fellow Coloradan I need something like the all weather rubber mats, but want them to be classy too. Waiting for TapTes to update to the seven seater 2021... Seem like a great combination of affordable, functional, and stylish.

VIN finally came! Only took 2 months, to the day. I immediately made the final payment, which is reflected in my account, but I don't see where I can schedule pickup. I'm sure it'll prompt me soon. Hang in there, SoCalians!

Ordered: 1/16/21
Config: MY LR AWD, White/Black, 20", 7s, No FSD, No Tow
VIN: 148xxx on 3/16/21
Delivery: ???
Good luck fellow Californians! My SA said something to me about this week for my VIN but not putting up my hopes knowing what I read in the forums from other SA.

My 60 days credit approval is near so I contact tesla about other lender and I got lower rate.

One bonus for CA is we have a short turnaround from VIN date to delivery.

That’s almost my exact build only missing 20” wheels. I ordered 2/5/21 and waiting for vin. Hope mine comes up soon.
I was starting to suspect it would be at the very end of March, so this is a pleasant surprise. Good luck getting yours! The next steps were pretty quick and painless. Notification via email pointed me to the website to double check the financing and make the down payment via ACH transfer. Squared away my insurance, and now I think I just show up at the designated time, which is 3/18 at 12:01 AM, according to my reservation page.

I was starting to suspect it would be at the very end of March, so this is a pleasant surprise. Good luck getting yours! The next steps were pretty quick and painless. Notification via email pointed me to the website to double check the financing and make the down payment via ACH transfer. Squared away my insurance, and now I think I just show up at the designated time, which is 3/18 at 12:01 AM, according to my reservation page.
And I should add no there's been no contact from a human being at Tesla, which is fine with me.