Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Duran, I agree that it is well documented (by me and others) that not all SCs are created equal. I don’t know if it is a training issue or simply that some chose not to take the initiative.
either way, I think it’s worth getting on the phone with a few different SCs to see if you can find one that knows what they are doing/ is willing to actually do their job.
good luck!

Thanks! I called again and spoke with another advisor. They are all telling me I will get it by the end of the month....not holding my breath, though

Reactions: DmARK and TesiSan
Every time I've talked with an SA their language is so ambiguous that It makes it really hard to talk to them at times.
This. What pisses me off is the fact that from what I've heard, other luxury brand dealerships bend over backwards to appease people and keep in touch with them. Definitely have not had that experience so far with Tesla. I understand they may or may not know, but I'd rather they just say that.

This. What pisses me off is the fact that from what I've heard, other luxury brand dealerships bend over backwards to appease people and keep in touch with them. Definitely have not had that experience so far with Tesla. I understand they may or may not know, but I'd rather they just say that.
I just got off the phone with a Tesla Rep. Each one I’ve spoken to over the last couplemonths seems to be operating from a completely separate play book. The only common thread is that I think they are trained to “play dumb” and do so under the guise of “Under Promising/Over Delivering”.

This last guy said he didn’t know anything until I mentioned that the most recent Gate Day projection I was given was the 19th and I just wanted to see if that had moved. Then he said he could confirm that my car was “in the oven” and should complete sometime in the next 7 days. He wouldn’t elaborate. Then he quoted me an additional 14 days for transportation and another 3 days for detailing.

At this point I did my best not to snicker.

14 days to transport when I live 11 hours drive from Fremont and everyone else I have spoken to said to expect 3 days. He agreed that it could be much less if everything goes smoothly and wouldn’t say anything else.

MY7s / White ex / Black in / Tow / 19s

Nice

What VIN range is the demo's VIN, do you know? Demos might be a nice option in case someone has to reject a delivery as every demo Y I've seen in person have had very good build quality / been fixed before they go into service
VIN is 116079. This is the same one we test drove a few weeks back and it was perfect. Obviously being a demo something may have happened between then and now, but our local service center is amazing so I doubt I'll have issues.

Took delivery today! Meh on build quality but maybe I'm being picky. Minor panel gap inconsistencies, front passenger window sticks out a little. Will add to service appt for my Homelink install.

Love the car! the new center console is awesome and the matted materials on door feel very nice. So glad I went with white on white. Also I think I'm missing a cap over the left seat rail?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.03.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.03.57 PM.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1863.JPG
    IMG_1863.JPG
    655.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1866.JPG
    IMG_1866.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1873.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG
    440.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1852.JPG
    IMG_1852.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1853.JPG
    IMG_1853.JPG
    487.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    410.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.05.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 12.05.00 PM.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1865.JPG
    IMG_1865.JPG
    576.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Took delivery today! Meh on build quality but maybe I'm being picky. Minor panel gap inconsistencies, front passenger window sticks out a little. Will add to service appt for my Homelink install.

Love the car! the new center console is awesome and the matted materials on door feel very nice. So glad I went with white on white.Also I think I'm missing a cap over the left seat rail?
She is a beauty!

Love the car! the new center console is awesome and the matted materials on door feel very nice. So glad I went with white on white. Also I think I'm missing a cap over the left seat rail?
Congratulations! That is my exact configuration. I ordered 01/11. Got VIN 03/01. The SA said there was a delay on the railway and it didn't arrive in Atlanta on 03/15 as planned. Hopefully, it will be in Atlanta tomorrow and I have pick up scheduled for Friday! I can't wait!

Reactions: Macman222
I have officially joined the waiting room. I placed an order for white, white, tow, 20” on 3/13 and just completed my profile today after I received my trade in value for my M3. I was shocked at the value I received. I was originally waiting for the headlights to be confirmed but I’m planning another NY to FL trip in May and wanted to ensure I get the Y by then after seeing delays. I have to say my SA is on point. Received a call the same day, addressed any concerns in emails. As soon as my trade in value came in today, she texted me to upload the title and I was refreshing every hour to see what value they would give lol. Granted I know she’s pushing for end of quarter but I’m in no rush as I hope the quality doesn’t get affected from the rush. Let’s see how long it’ll take....

I have officially joined the waiting room. I placed an order for white, white, tow, 20” on 3/13 and just completed my profile today after I received my trade in value for my M3. I was shocked at the value I received. I was originally waiting for the headlights to be confirmed but I’m planning another NY to FL trip in May and wanted to ensure I get the Y by then after seeing delays. I have to say my SA is on point. Received a call the same day, addressed any concerns in emails. As soon as my trade in value came in today, she texted me to upload the title and I was refreshing every hour to see what value they would give lol. Granted I know she’s pushing for end of quarter but I’m in no rush as I hope the quality doesn’t get affected from the rush. Let’s see how long it’ll take....
I would also like to say thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. I’ve been lurking for a while to gauge on when I should order and the experiences shared here has been helpful.

So, I asked my SA about a demo MY7 showing in existing inventory and he went ahead and assigned it to me before confirming that I want it (I don’t). I’ve told him I don’t want it but I’m concerned this will impact my delivery. Anyone ever heard of anything like this?