Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While sitting in a hot tub on the Oregon coast last night, I saw the Falcon 9 debris float on by. I can only conclude it was a sign that more VINs are on their way!

Check it out!
Those weren't VINs: those were the actual Model Ys delivered w the new E2E spacex strategy. Did anyone find a smoledering car in your driveway? (if so pls update the spreadsheet)

• Funny
Reactions: Axeman and mdcone
Congrats!!! I sorted spreadsheet by VIN date and for last 5 days, almost all are west coast and White or Blue ext.
I out of town Mon for a week. Hoping I get notified today or tomorrow and a quick delivery sched on Sunday. Or else, for a week, I’m going 180 degrees, “Please don’t give me a VIN, please don’t give me a VIN!!! 🙏🙏” (praying is also for Holy Week)
That worked for me thou - I asked to NOT be assigned one and promptly got one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: BattIncluded
That worked for me thou - I asked to NOT be assigned one and promptly got one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe I should try that... Good old reverse psychology. I just called for the first time since ordering on 1/26/21, and was told I should get a VIN by the second week of April. But hopefully I'll be a part of the west coast VIN dump this week.

Maybe I should try that... Good old reverse psychology. I just called for the first time since ordering on 1/26/21, and was told I should get a VIN by the second week of April. But hopefully I'll be a part of the west coast VIN dump this week.
I also ordered on 1/26 and was told the same thing yesterday--2nd week of April. Hopefully he's wrong.
Washington state.

Hey all, I am considering getting a MY 7 Seater but have concerns about the safety of putting children in the 3rd row. I am sure many of you looked into this and did the research on putting boosters and carseats in the back. Has anyone been concerned about rear end collisions and the third row? This car would be perfect for my situation but I want to feel comfortable putting children back there.

I just received a call from my SA about 2 prior orders that fell through. One of the reasons is due to the buyer being out of the country. One is white, black interior, 7-seat, 20", AP, and tow, located in Mt. Kisco. The other one is white, white, 7-seat, 20", and AP - this one is the buyer being out of the country. The only caveat is that my spec is white, white, 7-seat, 20", AP, and tow. The second car has everything except for tow and I would have to pay $1200 instead of the $1000 to have it installed. At first, I was hesitant but then realized it's no big deal and I can get the tow later. Vin is 144xxx which should have all the updates except headlights. Delivery is scheduled for this Sunday 5pm if my bank has the MVPA in time before they close. I going to inspect the heck out of the car to ensure it wasn't a rejected delivery due to quality :fingers crossed:

Edit - does anyone know if I can still reject the car after my bank wire the money and not forfeit my trade in?

If anyone else is interested in the other MY located in Mt. Kisco, give your SA a call to see if it's still available.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jemblue7my
Hi all! I went down to the service center and had them get me a match. I guess I was stuck in the system or something.

Order Date: 2/6/21
VIN assigned: 3/26/21, 158xxx
Exterior: blue
Interior: black
Wheels: 20" induction
Tow hitch, autopilot.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the car tomorrow! My living room has a pile of accessories that I've been ordering ahead of time. Haha.

Just received my VIN in Seattle. Ordered 1/14 with blue/black and 19" wheels. Vin #158xxx

Hi all! I went down to the service center and had them get me a match. I guess I was stuck in the system or something.

Order Date: 2/6/21
VIN assigned: 3/26/21, 158xxx
Exterior: blue
Interior: black
Wheels: 20" induction
Tow hitch, autopilot.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the car tomorrow! My living room has a pile of accessories that I've been ordering ahead of time. Haha.

Yasss, giving us blue/black orders more life.

What made you think you're stuck in the system?

Yasss, giving us blue/black orders more life.

What made you think you're stuck in the system?

It was just a lucky guess. I was tempted to buy whatever they had in stock, as long as it was a 7-seater and I could get it this weekend. That's literally my only must-have criteria. I need to drive around my kids and my parents. Being the sandwich-generation means I get to be responsible for everyone!

I got my VIN assigned last Saturday March 20, 2021. Got a text next day for the VIN - 151XXX. I was asked to schedule a delivery for March 23, 24 or 25th. I was late to choose delivery window for March 23, so it disappeared. I chose for March 24th (Wednesday) delivery. The car was home delivered. Found two minor issues - few mm paint scratch in front door bolt (this is inside, hard to to explain). Minor misalignment in frunk, visually it looks fine but by touching, I can feel the misalignment. Reported both issues and have a home service appointment for coming Monday.

Overall, extremely happy with delivery and car. The >11 week wait is worth.

Model Y, 7 seat, White ext and white interior, Gemini wheel, ordered around January 11, 2021; Seattle area.

Hey all, I am considering getting a MY 7 Seater but have concerns about the safety of putting children in the 3rd row. I am sure many of you looked into this and did the research on putting boosters and carseats in the back. Has anyone been concerned about rear end collisions and the third row? This car would be perfect for my situation but I want to feel comfortable putting children back there.
We have two small kids. I wouldn't hesitate; my only disappointment is the lack of latch /isofix anchors in the 3rd row.