Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing—I sent a message asking and have yet to hear back. It sounds like they will deliver to home.

Nothing—I sent a message asking and have yet to hear back. It sounds like they will deliver to home.
Hopefully sooner than later for you! About 3 hours after my vin popped up on the profile I received a text to schedule delivery (pickup) and the earliest option was Monday.

For the CA VINs, anyone got vin other than white or blue? I guess MSM is 2nd week of April.
My SA called today to tell me there was a White/Black/19"/no tow/no FSD available for assignment. Built yesterday. I passed, but if anyone is after that configuration, maybe give your SA a call. That's consistent with all the White VINs being assigned.

15 minutes later he called back and said he found a "pre-production" MSM/Black/20"/tow/no FSD--basically my configuration but adding the tow hitch--and asked if I wanted to get matched to that. I said yes. Then he tried, and it was gone. So it seems likely that MSMs are up soon.

He told me that, if I can get matched to a pre-production vehicle, I could expect delivery in the first two weeks of April. But if not, then I might be waiting until June ?!?! First I've heard of that (and I'll probably go a different route if it is going to take that long).

Anyway, my take-away from all of this is that finding a match depends, at least sometimes, on the amount of effort your SA is putting in. I think mine has been sitting on his hands for 2 months. He basically admitted as much and referred to some kind of email "problems." I think he just started looking for me today.

And so the wait continues into week 10 . . .

My SA called today to tell me there was a White/Black/19"/no tow/no FSD available for assignment. Built yesterday. I passed, but if anyone is after that configuration, maybe give your SA a call. That's consistent with all the White VINs being assigned.

15 minutes later he called back and said he found a "pre-production" MSM/Black/20"/tow/no FSD--basically my configuration but adding the tow hitch--and asked if I wanted to get matched to that. I said yes. Then he tried, and it was gone. So it seems likely that MSMs are up soon.

He told me that, if I can get matched to a pre-production vehicle, I could expect delivery in the first two weeks of April. But if not, then I might be waiting until June ?!?! First I've heard of that (and I'll probably go a different route if it is going to take that long).

Anyway, my take-away from all of this is that finding a match depends, at least sometimes, on the amount of effort your SA is putting in. I think mine has been sitting on his hands for 2 months. He basically admitted as much and referred to some kind of email "problems." I think he just started looking for me today.

And so the wait continues into week 10 . . .
Also, I should add (in case anyone is wondering) that, when he offered up the white w/ 19" wheels, I asked him whether they would swap the 19" wheels for a set of 20" wheels (and increase the price by $2k to reflect that option). He said they can't. Instead, you have to take it as-is and then pay $4500+tax to put the 20" wheels on. No deal. He also said that they can't swap wheels for any inventory vehicles listed on the website.

Reactions: mdcone