Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got my Model Y this afternoon (3/28/21). They called in the morning and drove the Model Y to my place and drove my trade-in (Toyota Highlander) back to their base.

For a recap, here's my configuration:
Order Date: 2/6/21
VIN assigned: 3/26/21, 158xxx
Exterior: blue
Interior: black
Wheels: 20" induction
Tow hitch, autopilot, long range
Date delivered: 3/28/21

So I called to try to get an idea on delivery time frame. I was told that my car is still in the factory, despite being a 148xxx vin, which is obviously 10K behind most recent report VINs. Curious.

They told me that vin assignments are made late in the production process, and that they “obviously would try to deliver before the end of the month, which would be wednesday
Your VIN was assigned 3 days after mine and mine is a 152XX. Someone 2 days before me got a 157XX vin. So I called to ask why someone got a higher vin than me, but before me. I was told there are so many in batches that they randomly assign them. All of our cars that either just finished production or are almost done are the exact same in terms of upgrades. So, my 152 vin is not a newer car than your 148 one and a 157 0r 158 one is the same as ours as well.

After reading the last few pages, Im so excited for everyone that got a Vin. I still haven't gotten one yet - 1/20 order. I also have a feeling Im not going to get one. But fingers crossed, Bay Area! Also my wife just got a job offer from Rivian, which she will likely accept. So if we don't end up with a tesla, we might look at Rivian.
  • Standard Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot

After reading the last few pages, Im so excited for everyone that got a Vin. I still haven't gotten one yet - 1/20 order. I also have a feeling Im not going to get one. But fingers crossed, Bay Area! Also my wife just got a job offer from Rivian, which she will likely accept. So if we don't end up with a tesla, we might look at Rivian.
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Be ready for a rollercoaster, chances are you'll be asked to take home delivery Tues/Wed

• 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
I hope you will get yours soon. But my friend just took delivery of a SR on 3/25 at Sonoma and she was told she got the last SR available and it was a test driven car with 500 miles.

I finally got my Model Y this afternoon (3/28/21). They called in the morning and drove the Model Y to my place and drove my trade-in (Toyota Highlander) back to their base.

For a recap, here's my configuration:
Order Date: 2/6/21
VIN assigned: 3/26/21, 158xxx
Exterior: blue
Interior: black
Wheels: 20" induction
Tow hitch, autopilot, long range
Date delivered: 3/28/21
Other than the wheels that's my config, though I didn't order until 3/15 and live in central Canada. It might be too much to ask for me to get a vin now. :)

Picked up my new car at Mt. Kisko on Saturday and drove back on Sunday. Brought the OEM mudflaps with me to avoid kicking up rocks on the drive back. I have the PPF for the back doors but haven't installed them yet. There are a few minor things I need to get patched up at a service visit, but overall very pleased!

MY7 LR
Blue/black
19"
Hitch
AP
1493xx
Ordered 3/9

Issues found:
Small paint chip in drivers door
Passenger handler is recessed into the door farther than it should be
Left headlight slightly protrudes from the body (right is flush)
The wider middle row seat doesn't always drop on the first pull of the button

Everything else looks good. The panel gaps aren't perfect, but well within what I deem acceptable. The plastic clips in the middle row that others have had troubles with are fine for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20210327_163418.jpg
    IMG_20210327_163418.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: beeb and mdcone
Hey everyone, so I unofficially took delivery yesterday 3/28. Overall the car was great with a few issues.
-minor fender gap on the passenger side that meets the pillar. They addressed this on the spot and it came out better
-right when I was about to leave, I put the car in drive and an error message appeared: “the right second row seat is not locked on the floor.” The seat behind the passenger couldn’t fold down anymore. They came and took a look and told me they would have to keep the car due to safety concerns. Since this was 6pm on a Sunday, service was closed and they won’t be able to look at it till next morning. They gave me a loaner for the time being :(

Overall the experience was top notch, the quality of service from the delivery rep to the managers to the service reps was exceptional. They addressed all concerns I had and I didn’t feel rushed even though my appointment was schedule at end of day for them. Now I’m waiting to hear from service. They told me this will be priority to address.

Reactions: kkw249 and Axeman
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Hope you get a vin , but in the larger scheme of things - Congrats! The R1S is seems nice (i have a reservation) and Rivian seems like a solid player in the EV space.

Reactions: OnAKessle_run
Hey all - just checking in. Ordered on 1/8/21, no VIN yet. White ext / black int / 19" wheels / Tow hitch / Autopilot

I received a call from Tesla on Thursday informing me it would be at least another month due to "parts delays". Anybody else get this line? It's been 12 weeks since order and I'm getting tired. There are around 10 seven-seat orders in the spreadsheet that are older than mine which don't have VIN's yet. I have no idea of the accuracy of that data (I can imagine people get their car and lose sight completely of the spreadsheet).

If the Mach E had seven seats I'd probably be canceling my order with Tesla and making a new one with Ford.