Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think this is worthy of a response.
Full Self Driving actually counts as deferred revenue to Tesla, and is reported as a liability on the balance sheet. They cant realize that income until the feature is delivered.
But apparently they are started to realize half of it while ago after they delivered 🛑 and traffic light control. And looks like now in 2022 they are realizing it fully. I stand corrected. Sorry guys.

Reactions: afscotch and Suns
All the FSD money they get sit untouched and can’t be realized as revenue until FSD is product complete. Which is not right now. I am stock holder.
Wrong. It’s in the quarterly report I am looking at under Automotive Sales. 15.514B last quarter in that segment of which FSD is a part.

This is corrected to show it is included under a different category per the Q1 22 report (page 31)

Last edited:
Since I plan to replace both cars between now and 2024, and the R1S would replace the second one (JGC) if I end up getting it, I have time there and know it so it doesn't bother me to wait and see how the entire vehicle market, rivian included, evolves. It's my other car that is supposed to be replaced sooner than later, supposedly by the MYLR7, that is one moderate unplanned expense (or cost avoiding a planned one) from blowing up the whole plan, hahaha
Any movement today since you hit your EDD window? I am really pulling for you to get one. Would love to see you get a VIN but totally understand shopping around and the frustration.

Stopped at the Tesla DC on the way to Audi. Was told by the person at the desk she only sees what I see, so said great what do you see for the factory gate date and then she said she can't tell me that. She also said they stopped prioritizing FSD in April. Given they train their folks to lie (they do see more, like the factory gate), I have no reason to believe they stopped prioritizing FSD in April. No info on my actual reservation, but they did have a 7 seat demo for the first time in 6 months.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Stopped at the Tesla DC on the way to Audi. Was told by the person at the desk she only sees what I see, so said great what do you see for the factory gate date and then she said she can't tell me that. She also said they stopped prioritizing FSD in April. Given they train their folks to lie (they do see more, like the factory gate), I have no reason to believe they stopped prioritizing FSD in April. No info on my actual reservation, but they did have a 7 seat demo for the first time in 6 months.
Pretty awesome when dealers (SA’s in Tesla’s case) gets called out for their lies.

Also, what is factory gate?

I herd soft match before, but factory gate. This is new to me.

All the FSD money they get sit untouched and can’t be realized as revenue until FSD is product complete. Which is not right now. I am stock holder.
Tesla will recognize an all profit $1.5 billion in Q2 2022. Beyond Q2 all FSD sales get full FSD revenue recognized right away.

300,000+ cars per quarter in US with 20-40% attachment with FSD at $14000 per sale or with $200 per month. 60k-120k FSD sales per quarter with full FSD revenue. Ballpark it at 100,000 FSD sales. This would be $1.4 billion instead of $150M in 2021. There were fewer cars as Tesla is doubling every year and 10% FSD adoption before and half revenue recognition. This would be about $1 billion per quarter more from Q3 2022 onwards and growing and $1.5 billion in recognized profit in Q2.

Tesla had 2.2 billion in GAAP net income in Q4 2021.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Pretty awesome when dealers (SA’s in Tesla’s case) gets called out for their lies.

Also, what is factory gate?
It's the field in the system for when they project the car to be built, sorta like our EDDs, but a specific date. It's of course subject to change, just like our EDDs, but they are independent data points (you'd think they would be linked, right?). For example, my previous factory gated date was in late April, but my edd at the time was before it, like the last two weeks in March... which was most likely a BS edd because it wasn't anticipated to be build for another month. I get things change, but also have a some level of expectation management i think is reasonable, too. They act like we should be so lucky just to have the privilege to buy the car.

Test drive was good. I knew they are working a range increase to the current 220 mile etrons, and learned it's coming in model year 2023 and will bump to 300 miles. Plus they are getting ready to open the order books, for Oct/Nov deliveries. $1000 refundable deposit, and more than two interior color options. 🤔

Also, the one due in next month with the ventilated seatd is sold. Boo.

So still waiting, hoping Bessie doesn't blow a gasket or turbo or something else. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: fishy21
It's the field in the system for when they project the car to be built, sorta like our EDDs, but a specific date. It's of course subject to change, just like our EDDs, but they are independent data points (you'd think they would be linked, right?). For example, my previous factory gated date was in late April, but my edd at the time was before it, like the last two weeks in March... which was most likely a BS edd because it wasn't anticipated to be build for another month. I get things change, but also have a some level of expectation management i think is reasonable, too. They act like we should be so lucky just to have the privilege to buy the car.

Test drive was good. I knew they are working a range increase to the current 220 mile etrons, and learned it's coming in model year 2023 and will bump to 300 miles. Plus they are getting ready to open the order books, for Oct/Nov deliveries. $1000 refundable deposit, and more than two interior color options. 🤔

Also, the one due in next month with the ventilated seatd is sold. Boo.

So still waiting, hoping Bessie doesn't blow a gasket or turbo or something else. 😂

Yeah, extra 80 miles is huge, especially for road trips. This would also prob decrease the resell value of the first gen as well.

There is also the Q4, which should be out this year.

Yeah, extra 80 miles is huge, especially for road trips. This would also prob decrease the resell value of the first gen as well.

There is also the Q4, which should be out this year.
So now I'm not sure 23 will get the range bump. My brother didn't think 23, he has an etron and a Model 3 and follows EV things pretty close. 🤷‍♂️ sounds like a night with a beer and some more research.