Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My point is that Musk has to put up even more shares as collateral. Part of the reason that Tesla stock is down is the market, but part of it is because of Musk’s itch to buy Twitter.
Certainly a drop in the profit margin will negatively impact the stock... and the best way to hover around 30% is deliver cars with the $12k bribe FSD added.

I'd bet beverages they only fill a small percentage/quota of 7-seaters without FSD each quarter, i.e. the oldest 50 orders without FSD, then the #1 priority consideration OD/PC/location be damned, it's FSD or bust, which informs/sets how many will be produced in a given 7-seat batch. How else is a similar config ordered 4 months after me, going to Boston two-thirds of the way through the quarter (when the region focus should have shifted to Midwest or more West to close out the quarter) rationalized by a non-tesla apologist? I bet the 7-seaters are below the average profit margin, so they need to limit its exposure. So why not bump up the option to 4k instead of penalizing us for selecting it?

Reactions: Tezla. and fishy21
I'm on a Discord server that tracks Tesla inventory drops, and people have reported recently (like this month) that they've been able to remove FSD after receiving a VIN and scheduling a delivery appointment. So whether FSD actually bumps you to the front of the line is not 100% confirmed, seems you can remove it even after receiving a VIN and scheduling appt.

I'm on a Discord server that tracks Tesla inventory drops, and people have reported recently (like this month) that they've been able to remove FSD after receiving a VIN and scheduling a delivery appointment. So whether FSD actually bumps you to the front of the line is not 100% confirmed, seems you can remove it even after receiving a VIN and scheduling appt.
I'm not sure what happens after it is added (or how it is removed) but the language Tesla has on the add FSD page seems to indicate that it can't be removed (at least in my case).

1653595382736.png

In any case I am considering adding it out of frustration lol

Reactions: WhiteWi
Asked my SA and they said I could. I talked to someone on Reddit and they did exactly what I’m doing and were able to remove Fsd after getting the vin and still kept the VIN. So 🤷🏽‍♂️…… We shall see!

Im not totally against FSD, so it’s a high reward/ low risk for me
Would let you know what my SA's feedback on doing it was, but she didn't return an email from last week, answer her phone today, or call me back when she was off the phone like the guy that took the message said would happen.

Asked my SA and they said I could. I talked to someone on Reddit and they did exactly what I’m doing and were able to remove Fsd after getting the vin and still kept the VIN. So 🤷🏽‍♂️…… We shall see!

Im not totally against FSD, so it’s a high reward/ low risk for me
I'm going to wait a week and if nothing happens will take this route.

I have removed FSD after getting a VIN. That said, I think any additional option you add to your build helps move forward your build date. Tesla will prioritize the higher margin cars first. FSD is just another way to increase margin. A more effective trick is to opt for an upgraded color. The blue queue seems to be the fastest right now.

I have removed FSD after getting a VIN. That said, I think any additional option you add to your build helps move forward your build date. Tesla will prioritize the higher margin cars first. FSD is just another way to increase margin. A more effective trick is to opt for an upgraded color. The blue queue seems to be the fastest right now.
When did you add and remove fsd? Was it before Tesla made the new rule to not allow it?