Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The aero covers didnt last 15 minutes at home 🤣. Pretty cool the old Model 3 center caps fit these wheels.
1CE2B5D8-A8AB-42F3-BD48-FD52E91A2F10.jpeg

Mod one done (tint). Air80 on the interior windshield and rear windows, 25 on the front. Went to the same place, Eco Tint in Vegas, that did my 535 over 11 years ago which still looks flawless. Next up either black wheels or DIY PPF. Looking for something reviewed/recommended for exterior windshield protection (i.e. PPF for the windshield) as it seems like Tesla's windshields seems to crack easily.

Attachments

• 20220701_140252.jpg
    20220701_140252.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 20220701_140308.jpg
    20220701_140308.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
For those that got a VIN, can you pay immediately following to keep a loan approval and rate, or do you pay only when you pick up the car? I believe my rate lock expires close to the end of the month, as I had an earlier EDD and thought I should have it within the 90 days and rates were about to hike, so I locked in. I really don’t want to lose my rate. Sadly this is the closest I’ve ever been to an EDD and still radio silence. Reps do not even respond to my texts, so sadly been on my own for the last 7 months. 8 days out from current EDD and really worried it’s going to push yet another month…

For those that got a VIN, can you pay immediately following to keep a loan approval and rate, or do you pay only when you pick up the car? I believe my rate lock expires close to the end of the month, as I had an earlier EDD and thought I should have it within the 90 days and rates were about to hike, so I locked in. I really don’t want to lose my rate. Sadly this is the closest I’ve ever been to an EDD and still radio silence. Reps do not even respond to my texts, so sadly been on my own for the last 7 months. 8 days out from current EDD and really worried it’s going to push yet another month…
If your EDD is still a month it could still be a while. Seems like it goes: 4 weeks-> 2weeks->7-10 days->VIN. If you're at 4 weeks I wouldn't assume it's imminent.

You’ll go through a checklist of items once you get your VIN assigned. First is to tell them who you’re financing through and upload current insurance. Then once you get scheduled for delivery they’ll open up the ability to pay.
I wouldn’t pay them ahead of taking delivery though unless you live in a state where you have to.
Physically see the car and be 100% sure you’re getting it and accepting delivery before handing over the money. There’s been quite a few recent threads of people getting their VIN assigned to someone else after already paying Tesla. Don’t give anyone $60K+ before seeing the product you’re paying for.

Reactions: Alittleglow
If your EDD is still a month it could still be a while. Seems like it goes: 4 weeks-> 2weeks->7-10 days->VIN. If you're at 4 weeks I wouldn't assume it's imminent.
Yeah, I don’t assume. I am hoping that I’ll get a VIN in time (by the end of July). I’ve had shorter EDDs but I didn’t record them. However, I didn’t know if I can utilize the loan at appointment of VIN or I have to wait for delivery.

You’ll go through a checklist of items once you get your VIN assigned. First is to tell them who you’re financing through and upload current insurance. Then once you get scheduled for delivery they’ll open up the ability to pay.
I wouldn’t pay them ahead of taking delivery though unless you live in a state where you have to.
Physically see the car and be 100% sure you’re getting it and accepting delivery before handing over the money. There’s been quite a few recent threads of people getting their VIN assigned to someone else after already paying Tesla. Don’t give anyone $60K+ before seeing the product you’re paying for.
The state I am living in blows. And with a newborn I think I am going to go carrier direct instead, as the closest location for pickup is a 6 hour drive. It’s just not ideal, had we gotten the car prior, we would have driven. Just can’t subject the baby to that long of a drive only to drive right back. I read that they will even take a trade in with carrier direct delivery! So if I want to turn in my car to them that saves me that hassle too!

First two week window for me, trying to not be too hopeful.

MYLR blue/black, 7 seats, 19", FSD added in June OD 1/20 EDD July 17-31 Denver
@twinsfan235 any luck on your missing EDD?
Nope nothing yet. I just called in and asked for an update and was told there was nothing there to explain why it is just stuck at TBD. The person said they would escalate it to the store manager and that I should hear back from them. The comment was hopefully the store manager would have some insight as to why there is no edd window.

Edit: The Eden Prairie store just called back and said that it has been escalated beyond the store manager. I was told to give it until July 18th and by that point I should have an answer on when the car might come.

Reactions: Gingerturtle
Ordered November 2021. We are within 2 weeks of our EDD. Still a one month window on the EDD. No VIN yet. I would like a little notice as we have three young children and have to drive 6 hours to get the car. It would be nice for us to be able to plan our trip to the City to pick up the car. Hopefully WE get an update soon and not an update that pushes us out further.

Reactions: Alittleglow
Ordered November 2021. We are within 2 weeks of our EDD. Still a one month window on the EDD. No VIN yet. I would like a little notice as we have three young children and have to drive 6 hours to get the car. It would be nice for us to be able to plan our trip to the City to pick up the car. Hopefully WE get an update soon and not an update that pushes us out further.
I’d be surprised if you got the car before the 3rd quarter EOQ push in September.
Seems like CA 7 seaters are usually getting their VINs at EOQ push. I ordered in October 2021 and had a couple of 2 week windows at the end of March and didn’t get a VIN. Got a VIN assigned 6/23 and took delivery 6/28.
If you do get a VIN at the EOQ, don’t expect much notice. You’ll get the VIN the last week of the month and they expect you to take delivery before the month is over or they’ll give it to the next person in line. Luckily the credit union I use has a relationship with Tesla and all I needed was the loan pre-approval email to pick up the car. Tesla then got paid after I accepted delivery directly from the CU.

I’d be surprised if you got the car before the 3rd quarter EOQ push in September.
Seems like CA 7 seaters are usually getting their VINs at EOQ push. I ordered in October 2021 and had a couple of 2 week windows at the end of March and didn’t get a VIN. Got a VIN assigned 6/23 and took delivery 6/28.
If you do get a VIN at the EOQ, don’t expect much notice. You’ll get the VIN the last week of the month and they expect you to take delivery before the month is over or they’ll give it to the next person in line. Luckily the credit union I use has a relationship with Tesla and all I needed was the loan pre-approval email to pick up the car. Tesla then got paid after I accepted delivery directly from the CU.
Kairide, which CU may that be?

Hi everyone. I’m not part of the LR7 crew, but have been following the thread a bit. It seems like FSD helped some people a bit to pull the date a little/narrow it and actually get VINs.

My questions are:
1. I added and removed FSD a couple of times and now don’t have the add or remove FSD button on my app or website anymore. I can still edit it directly via the direct configurations link. Should I be concerned?

2. I have heard varying things by different SAs on whether they can help me remove it on their end. I want to inquire you guys, if I visit the store or call in, a SA can help me remove it too right? I want to know I have the option or remove it after VIN and/or setting up delivery date.

Thank you guys.

Hi everyone. I’m not part of the LR7 crew, but have been following the thread a bit. It seems like FSD helped some people a bit to pull the date a little/narrow it and actually get VINs.

My questions are:
1. I added and removed FSD a couple of times and now don’t have the add or remove FSD button on my app or website anymore. I can still edit it directly via the direct configurations link. Should I be concerned?

2. I have heard varying things by different SAs on whether they can help me remove it on their end. I want to inquire you guys, if I visit the store or call in, a SA can help me remove it too right? I want to know I have the option or remove it after VIN and/or setting up delivery date.

Thank you guys.

this kind of answers both your questions-
based on posts during the recent EOQ push, you can add or remove EAP/FSD to your order at any time before delivery by contacting a SA (some may be more helpful than others) and having them change it on their end. this includes after setting up a delivery date. I can't say if that'll still be true by the time your delivery comes, but I haven't seen any posts saying otherwise yet.