Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing that a company that has the most talented software developers can't write software that will tell you when your car will be built.

The navigation in my Model S tells me to exit the freeway to the left sometimes when the off ramps are to the right. It will indicate a left exit turn up until about a mile away then switch to a right exit turn indicator. They could be top talent, but they execute poorly.

So yea it looks like EV 7500 credit is back! They have income caps, but it definitely incentivizes you to not rush your order now!
Don’t follow this guy’s advice ^^

There’s lots of people who put their orders on hold at the end of 2021 hoping for a tax credit that never came. They are now regretting that decision as they are still waiting for cars.
If you hold off on ordering, good chance the price increases will offset the tax credit. If you ordered in October 2021, the price was $54,990. Those who waited got to enjoy numerous price increases through the end of 2021 and into spring 2022. Now the price is $11k more.

Don’t follow this guy’s advice ^^

There’s lots of people who put their orders on hold at the end of 2021 hoping for a tax credit that never came. They are now regretting that decision as they are still waiting for cars.
If you hold off on ordering, good chance the price increases will offset the tax credit. If you ordered in October 2021, the price was $54,990. Those who waited got to enjoy numerous price increases through the end of 2021 and into spring 2022. Now the price is $11k more.
What's wrong with saving another $7,500 on top of that? I don't see Tesla doing me any favors on my order. I've waited 9 months. Original EDD was June 2022 and it is now pretty much August 2022. I've had over 10 EDD changes in my app. Ppl at service center will not give me any information. CEO has said they will build cars with most margin first, well I pretty much have all of the add-ons (except wheels) and I've still not received my vehicle. Why wouldn't I have the option to do what I want?

Reactions: twinsfan235
What's wrong with saving another $7,500 on top of that? I don't see Tesla doing me any favors on my order. I've waited 9 months. Original EDD was June 2022 and it is now pretty much August 2022. I've had over 10 EDD changes in my app. Ppl at service center will not give me any information. CEO has said they will build cars with most margin first, well I pretty much have all of the add-ons (except wheels) and I've still not received my vehicle. Why wouldn't I have the option to do what I want?
If they raise the price more than or equal to the credit, you’re not saving anything. If you didn’t order last fall waiting for the EV credit and still haven’t ordered waiting for a new one to be approved. You will be spending $11k more now, then if you ordered last fall. Say you save $7500, you still spent $3500 more than if you had just ordered last fall.
If you put your order on hold hoping for a credit or tax incentive your now without a car.
Also, you have to see if it’s a point of sale credit or tax rebate.
Don’t keep waiting for something that may never happen.

The tax credit for personal vehicles is $3,750. The $7,500 is for commercial vehicles. (Page 394 of the bill).
Not sure if you are entirely correct. Someone else let me know if I am misinterpreting. Page 366 stipulates that you must meet certain requirements for where the battery is made (North America) and where the materials were received/purchased (free trade partners). This could also change how Tesla sources it’s natural resources (cobalt, lithium, etc) because they currently buy from China. There are two parts to meeting this definition both are worth 3,750 which would theoretically amount to 7500. These tax credits are scaled and also depend on your earned income. I’m surprised you read the entire manuscript. I’m still getting through it.

That being said everyone, this thing still needs to go up for vote 🗳 and can change a number of ways. Also, these credits are not retroactive and being on dec, 2022.

I have a delivery window of sept-oct for my white LR 7 seater. So if this bill builds momentum, I might be inclined to wait until January. I will be playing close attention to this new bill as it makes its way through the senate.

The tax credit for personal vehicles is $3,750. The $7,500 is for commercial vehicles. (Page 394 of the bill).
A good example of why it takes time to read all this carefully (which I didn't do, haha).
From https://www.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/wa8viu/summary_of_draft_ev_tax_credit_bill_with_code/:
  1. $3,750 of the new credit is based upon the vehicle having at least 40% of its battery critical minerals from the United States or countries with a free trade agreement with the United States. This is a list of countries with free trade agreements with the US.(Page 371)
  2. The other $3,750 of the new credit is based on at least 50% of the battery components of the vehicle coming from the United States or countries with a free trade agreement with the US. (Page 372, line 13)

Reactions: KWC_Diu and tacosor
If they raise the price more than or equal to the credit, you’re not saving anything.
We're not talking about new orders. We're talking about people with existing orders. When you take delivery of the car Tesla honors the price at which you ordered. The purchase price of my car does not go up as Tesla raises prices after I put in my order.
If you didn’t order last fall waiting for the EV credit and still haven’t ordered waiting for a new one to be approved. You will be spending $11k more now, then if you ordered last fall. Say you save $7500, you still spent $3500 more than if you had just ordered last fall.
That is correct if you wait to order until the EV credit takes effect. However I'd say the majority of the people posting already have orders in including myself - see my signature for additional information.
If you put your order on hold hoping for a credit or tax incentive your now without a car.
Also, you have to see if it’s a point of sale credit or tax rebate.
Well I've been without the Tesla for 9 months now what's an additional 4 more? Pretty sure the credit is at least a tax rebate and could possibly be a point of sale credit.
Don’t keep waiting for something that may never happen.
Very true that it may never happen but that's what I'm thinking about the delivery of my Tesla after waiting 9 months and more than 10 changes of my EDD. At this point I think the tax credit has more chance of passing than me getting the Tesla.

Reactions: KWC_Diu and cenwesi
Can you provide more detail on that please? Who told you that? Are they a reputable source?
I delayed back in March 21' because Joe said we d have a bill by Memorial day, then later said end of the year, you may be allowed to delay 1x when I did prev, I turned my order back on in end of Nov, but rules could have changed, I gave a $$ reason for delay, I was told if I delay again ( I am not planning to, my order would be cancelled, my purchase for 7 seater is 53k plus tax as I got it when base was 50k +3k for 7 seater

I delayed back in March 21' because Joe said we d have a bill by Memorial day, then later said end of the year, you may be allowed to delay 1x when I did prev, I turned my order back on in end of Nov, but rules could have changed, I gave a $$ reason for delay, I was told if I delay again ( I am not planning to, my order would be cancelled, my purchase for 7 seater is 53k plus tax as I got it when base was 50k +3k for 7 seater
You're saying a delay one time is permitted but what @sonic22 is saying is that we can't delay a vehicle that has been ordered in October 2021. A little bit different.

Can you provide more detail on that please? Who told you that? Are they a reputable source?
Sure, I have 2 orders from October. One was 10/20 and one was 10/29. They were both for 7 seaters but I changed the 10/29 to an MYP early this month to make sure I could get one of them with the interest rate I have locked. The MYP got a VIN in a few days, and then the 7 seater got one about a week later. I talked to an SA to try to delay delivery on the MYP and the SA said that they really can't for an order that old - maybe for a few days at most - but I could unmatch the VIN since it was my first VIN. She said if I did that they would definitely reassign and deliver by end of quarter though. Once they started trying to schedule delivery for the MYP I unmatched the VIN and the order went on hold. That was on Tuesday. Yesterday I got the "Your Upcoming Model Y Order Cancellation" email, saying if I don't hit the "I'm Ready" button by 8/8 my order will be canceled. I'm taking delivery of the 7 seater next week and will hit the I'm Ready on the MYP after that. You may have better luck delaying a 7 seater, but if you get a VIN in the next few months on an October order I think you're going to have to take delivery this year or cancel and reorder.

• Informative
Reactions: Aviateur17
Sure, I have 2 orders from October. One was 10/20 and one was 10/29. They were both for 7 seaters but I changed the 10/29 to an MYP early this month to make sure I could get one of them with the interest rate I have locked. The MYP got a VIN in a few days, and then the 7 seater got one about a week later. I talked to an SA to try to delay delivery on the MYP and an SA said that they really can't for an order that old - maybe for a few days at most - but I could unmatch the VIN since it was my first VIN. She said if I did that they would definitely reassign and deliver by end of quarter though. Once they started trying to schedule delivery for the MYP I unmatched the VIN and the order went on hold. That was on Tuesday. Yesterday I got the "Your Upcoming Model Y Order Cancellation" email, saying if I don't hit the "I'm Ready" button by 8/8 my order will be canceled. I'm taking delivery of the 7 seater next week and will hit the I'm Ready on the MYP after that. You may have better luck delaying a 7 seater, but if you get a VIN in the next few months on an October order I think you're going to have to take delivery this year or cancel and reorder.
Thanks for the details. We will try and see. After all we waited almost a year and 7500 credit is a good chunk to pass up 😀