Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my first two week window as you can see in my signature. This means nothing according to the majority of you but it is still exciting none the less that my range pulled in a little. However, all that excitement was crushed when I called my Tesla delivery service center in Eden Prairie MN. The SA said that they are just started filling orders for 7-seaters ordered in August!!! of last year....OUCH! She did seem a little upbeat that they would be catching up but I don't see how getting my 7-seater in August or September is possible if my OD is mid November. Telsa estimation software sucks, makes no sense how they can have so much tech in the car but such horrible tech behind their delivery system. I know I'm preaching to the choir.
Exactly. How can a company with such tech expertise create such a crappy estimated delivery date system??? I told Todd and Tyler this exact thing last week at the Rogers, MN service center. I think we need to band together and tell the sales people that they need to figure out how to better help those who are waiting.

Reactions: dgbehrends
Just wanted to share my journey so far:
OD: 7/20/2021 original configuration MYLR 5 seater white/black, 19inch, no FSD, no tow.
Like many people, I tried putting mine on hold in mid Sept but had it released in late Oct as the EDD was showing late April 2022 at the time.
I then had a career move, which involved moving the family from one state to another, beginning of 2022 so I didn’t pay much attention but I remember that the EDD kept pushing back.
After I kinda settled in the new job and new state, EDD got moved to Oct to Dec 2022 (sorry can’t remember exact dates) prior to the configuration change (to 7 seater, white/white, no FSD, no tow) in late June this year.
EDD shortly after change: 9/10~10/21
EDD shortened to 9/16~10/21 last week
Just added FSD today, will report back if it changes my EDD. Not sure I am going to keep it though.

Last edited:
Finally getting it today after 9 months!

741AD4F2-A4DA-4DD1-9A89-95AC6F36EE7C.jpeg

Exactly. How can a company with such tech expertise create such a crappy estimated delivery date system??? I told Todd and Tyler this exact thing last week at the Rogers, MN service center. I think we need to band together and tell the sales people that they need to figure out how to better help those who are waiting.
Can’t the sales people just keep track of the deliveries they’re getting and when their OD was and put it in a spreadsheet

• Love
Reactions: Aviateur17
Can’t the sales people just keep track of the deliveries they’re getting and when their OD was and put it in a spreadsheet
This is just my perception/opinion of what's going on and why whatever sales sees in the system doesn't always make sense w/reality + why VINs get assigned and then removed at random.

The problem is that Tesla's system has some inherent problems that are influenced by factors such as random customer config changes and revenue from the order. Because customers can change their order at anytime and their config (seats, interior color, exterior color, tow, etc), the dates get juggled and bounced around. Changing from 5-seat to 7-seat and 7-seats to 5-seats and even changing to MYP just screws up the delivery system. If it was locked and customer's couldn't make changes then estimations would be much better.

Then comes the revenue piece as the system is trying to geographically grab existing orders to (what seems like) prioritize higher revenue/margin orders to put through production while (what it seems like) reprioritizing lower revenue/margin orders. Geography may play a big role as they load balance Texas w/Fremont and geographic delivery times based on where they are in the quarter.

If Tesla operated like Legacy auto and if I went in a month later and tried to changed my configuration of a custom-ordered vehicle, the dealership might say no your order is already in and they can't do constant change orders so there is a real queue and actual realistic waiting time.

Last edited:
Checking in to the Waiting Room too...

OD - 11/18/21
Current EDD: 8/16 - 9/13
MYLR7 - White on Blue
19'', No Tow, No FSD

I've been delayed multiple times, I wish I kept track, but I have been pushed out month to month since mid May to mid June. Anybody want to give me some encouragement or suggestions (such as calling into a delivery associate)? My current beater just died as well.. so I actually don't have a car and using a short term rental month to month.

Checking in to the Waiting Room too...

OD - 11/18/21
Current EDD: 8/16 - 9/13
MYLR7 - White on Blue
19'', No Tow, No FSD

I've been delayed multiple times, I wish I kept track, but I have been pushed out month to month since mid May to mid June. Anybody want to give me some encouragement or suggestions (such as calling into a delivery associate)? My current beater just died as well.. so I actually don't have a car and using a short term rental month to month.
Sorry. Unfortunately, there are no tricks to get your car sooner OTHER THAN adding FSD to your order and then removing once you have a vin. That doesn’t work 100% of the time, but it does have a good hit rate.

Sorry. Unfortunately, there are no tricks to get your car sooner OTHER THAN adding FSD to your order and then removing once you have a vin. That doesn’t work 100% of the time, but it does have a good hit rate.
Hi Bluewhite79,
Not working 100% of the time means it doesn't work to accelerate the EDD or it isn't removable once you have a VIN? Asking as I just did this trick last night, having waited for more than a year.

Hi Bluewhite79,
Not working 100% of the time means it doesn't work to accelerate the EDD or it isn't removable once you have a VIN? Asking as I just did this trick last night, having waited for more than a year.
It doesn’t always accelerate EDD, but it did for me. Also, most people are able to remove FSD before delivery but some people have mentioned that you can’t remove unless you update to current pricing (wasn’t the case for me).