Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up car today. No big issues. Small misalignment in the frunk that isn't big enough for me to make any issue of and the rear passenger tail light sticks out about 1/8 inch which I don't really care about either. Biggest issue was smudge on ceiling material on drivers side front - see below. 3rd row seats had seat belt marks embedded which I think will go away.

4 miles on the odometer, had the rear chrome license plate trim and the mobile connector with the J1772 plug as well. Front license plate holder was in the trunk and had front mud flaps with PPF just in front of rear wheels. Had the white door trim and not sure about the headlights.

View attachment 844241

View attachment 844236
Nice looking car. I can't wait to get mine. I have my check list ready and plan to spend an hour or so going over everything. This is the first time I have bought a new car.

Anyone else take nearly three weeks from VIN to pickup? Mine will be 18 days.
Will be 16 days for me. I googled how teslas are transported from Fremont to the East coast. I found that the cars are transported by train from Fremont to Birmingham, AL. After that, cars are transported by trucks. I figured that I would have to wait for a while because I am picking up in NY.

Reactions: Aviateur17
For those of you that have had yours delivered, did you receive a UMC or just the voucher? Just wondering what to expect. Will they expect me to turn in my UMC from the Model 3 when I trade it in? Congrats to all the deliveries! Is anyone here trying to delay picking up to make the tax credit work for them?

For those of you that have had yours delivered, did you receive a UMC or just the voucher? Just wondering what to expect. Will they expect me to turn in my UMC from the Model 3 when I trade it in? Congrats to all the deliveries! Is anyone here trying to delay picking up to make the tax credit work for them?
I just asked my SA (in KC) yesterday about this for my delivery (scheduled on 8/30, F536, BTW I moved from KS to WA this year). I hope this helps.

This is his response:​
There is a chance that your Model Y will not have the mobile connector with it but we are sending out promo codes for customers who ordered before the cut-off to order a mobile connector bundle free of charge. You can also ask the team in Seattle if they have any mobile connector bundles in stock at your delivery.​

I plan to simply install 240V NEMA14-50 socket in the garage no matter what while waiting for delivery. This gives me the maximum flexibility whether I have the mobile connector included or not.

I just asked my SA (in KC) yesterday about this for my delivery (scheduled on 8/30, F536, BTW I moved from KS to WA this year). I hope this helps.

This is his response:​
There is a chance that your Model Y will not have the mobile connector with it but we are sending out promo codes for customers who ordered before the cut-off to order a mobile connector bundle free of charge. You can also ask the team in Seattle if they have any mobile connector bundles in stock at your delivery.​

I plan to simply install 240V NEMA14-50 socket in the garage no matter what while waiting for delivery. This gives me the maximum flexibility whether I have the mobile connector included or not.
Just trying to understand, how does installing NEMA 14-50 give you maximum flexibility. You will still need the mobile connector and an additional adapter to connect to it.

I think its random. I called the service center before pickup and they weren't sure if factory already put it in the car but they said if its missing they will give a tesla shop voucher if my order qualifies. Luckily for me it was in the car when I picked up.

i just wanted to share my experience with the 7 seats. we've had ours for a year now. we took delivery aug 2021. my wife wanted the 3rd row and i wanted the performance. guess who won. anyways, in the year we had it, the plan is for our youngest son to sit there whenever my parents come along for a trip. we've used it once for a vegas trip and my son hated sitting back there. there are no vents and although he's short (9 years old), he isn't comfortable.

prior to EVs/Tesla, we looked at toyota highlander and honda pilot because of the 3rd row. we ended up with a mini van. we owned a sienna then an odyssey. we opted for the mini van because the space in the 3rd row from the highlander and pilot was not that big. the model y is no different.

i tried it out before buying it. i sat back there. i'm 5'5". i sat in the passenger side 3rd row. technically, i can fit. the issue i have is the foot room. the rails of the seat in front of me is narrower than the driver side seat because it's 60/40 split. in order for my feet to fit in between the rails, they would have to be sort of on top of each other which is uncomfortable/tight fit. i've seen many youtube videos about "i am over 10 feet tall and i can fit just fine back here" but no one mentions that part. now i didn't pay too much attention since my 9 year old will mostly be back there and i'm always driving. but he doesn't like it.

hopefully you all have checked it out in person and pay attention to not only leg room but feet room as well. we're trading our teslas for MYP and MXLR soon. i just wanted to share feedback. i hope you all get your cars soon. they are great.

i just wanted to share my experience with the 7 seats. we've had ours for a year now. we took delivery aug 2021. my wife wanted the 3rd row and i wanted the performance. guess who won. anyways, in the year we had it, the plan is for our youngest son to sit there whenever my parents come along for a trip. we've used it once for a vegas trip and my son hated sitting back there. there are no vents and although he's short (9 years old), he isn't comfortable.

prior to EVs/Tesla, we looked at toyota highlander and honda pilot because of the 3rd row. we ended up with a mini van. we owned a sienna then an odyssey. we opted for the mini van because the space in the 3rd row from the highlander and pilot was not that big. the model y is no different.

i tried it out before buying it. i sat back there. i'm 5'5". i sat in the passenger side 3rd row. technically, i can fit. the issue i have is the foot room. the rails of the seat in front of me is narrower than the driver side seat because it's 60/40 split. in order for my feet to fit in between the rails, they would have to be sort of on top of each other which is uncomfortable/tight fit. i've seen many youtube videos about "i am over 10 feet tall and i can fit just fine back here" but no one mentions that part. now i didn't pay too much attention since my 9 year old will mostly be back there and i'm always driving. but he doesn't like it.

hopefully you all have checked it out in person and pay attention to not only leg room but feet room as well. we're trading our teslas for MYP and MXLR soon. i just wanted to share feedback. i hope you all get your cars soon. they are great.
My wife won too...

My wife won too...
same here....if my wife didn't insist on getting a 7 seater, I would have ordered MYP and got delivered months ago...sigh.
but I think it's near...i txted tesla and got the ETA around sept 6th (not sure what eta that is...manufacture? or pick up schedule date? )
have the vin in mvpa now, but my EDD is still 7 days..and no changes for a couple weeks now.

Reactions: w1n78
same here....if my wife didn't insist on getting a 7 seater, I would have ordered MYP and got delivered months ago...sigh.
but I think it's near...i txted tesla and got the ETA around sept 6th (not sure what eta that is...manufacture? or pick up schedule date? )
have the vin in mvpa now, but my EDD is still 7 days..and no changes for a couple weeks now.
i got my text this morning a week after ordering my MYP. i tried to schedule through the link in the text but they wanted me to call the number. i ended scheduling my delivery for sep 3 but it could be sooner. my EDD is aug 27-31.

did you get a text about delivery? if so, call that number. maybe you can schedule it with them?

how did you view the source code off MVPA?

Just trying to understand, how does installing NEMA 14-50 give you maximum flexibility. You will still need the mobile connector and an additional adapter to connect to it.
Sorry for the confusion. I meant NEMA14-50 socket, opposed to hardwired solutions (like Tesla wall charger), provides better flexibility so I can what ever charger that can be plugged into that socket, and that can be either Tesla's mobile connector (with 14-50 adaptor) or an aftermarket EVSE.

BTW, to answer your original question, I just got the $200 credit in the email, obviously my car will not come with it. I placed an order for a Tesla mobile connector already. My local electricity company also provides a $500 rebate for qualified EVSE, Tesla's wall charger is not one of them. To take advantage of this, I plan to by JuiceBox 40 with 14-50 plug.

Obviously I haven't received mine to know how useless (or useful) the 3rd row is but these are our reasons to buy 7 seater (instead of MYP):
1. Better ride quality with softer suspension and 19" wheels.
2. Occasionally use of the 3rd row for short trips. Cramped seats are still better than no seats. :cool: Except me (which will be driving), the rest of the family are petite, at least for now:D

Sorry for the confusion. I meant NEMA14-50 socket, opposed to hardwired solutions (like Tesla wall charger), provides better flexibility so I can what ever charger that can be plugged into that socket, and that can be either Tesla's mobile connector (with 14-50 adaptor) or an aftermarket EVSE.

BTW, to answer your original question, I just got the $200 credit in the email, obviously my car will not come with it. I placed an order for a Tesla mobile connector already. My local electricity company also provides a $500 rebate for qualified EVSE, Tesla's wall charger is not one of them. To take advantage of this, I plan to by JuiceBox 40 with 14-50 plug.
Makes sense, I would probably do the same if my energy company provided a rebate, which they don't :(. That being said I hard wired in the tesla wall charger with a 60amp circuit instead of the 50amp that would support the 14-50. If I get a second electric car I can get another Tesla Wall charger and share the 48amps continuous that the circuit supports.

I either have to laugh or cry…got a new EDD today…

It is now Aug 29-Sept 10. Which on paper doesn’t look bad but I keep getting promised a two week window and then get pushed out.

Aug 8: Aug 14-27
Aug 15: Aug 21-Sep 4
Aug 16: Aug 22-Sep 4
Aug 23: Aug 29-Sep 10

Ugh, this is looking like mine. Getting into the window without a VIN seems to be a death sentence. On the second day of each of your windows, you pretty much got pushed out further =/