Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up our car today. Vin if F524. Has both matrix light and updated interior doors. Everything outside was great. We discovered some dirty fingerprints around the top of interior. Scratches on driverside on the plastic panel as well as the seal where feet go in and out. Drives very smoothly on highway. The sound system is much better than my Honda odyssey and Toyota Rav 4. Very happy. Have scheduled service to clean up these minor issues.
Looks great and congrats!!!

Reactions: Aviateur17
Just wanted to report that I picked up a MYLR7 yesterday from Seattle service center, my first Tesla, ordered over 13 months ago :D. Not sure if the long wait time had anything to do with that I tried to put mine on hold last August (anticipating Tax Credit.....my hold was removed automatically later) and I moved from KS to WA. Mine (F536) came with the matrix lights and the new door panels but no cargo shelf cover (not sure how useful this will be for a 7 seater though).

The only issue during the delivery and on the way home I found are a small misalignment (as pictured) between front driver side fender and front door, the fender sits a bit too proud compared to other Model Ys (that were also being delivered) next to mine and a minor (tin-can like) rattle from the interior rearview mirror. I have already scheduled an appointment next week to get them checked.

What's interesting is that after I drove it back home, a neighbor came to congratulate and check mine and said there were quite a few changes from his, also a MYLR7, ordered the first year it was available (2021? he said he waited 6 months...). The biggest one is that his trunk lower compartment cover can be reversed (two positions) while mine can be used only 1 way. I didn't know that's the case seeing all the YouTube Reviews for 7-seater MY but I like mine nevertheless as it is less of a ramp compared to the earlier design.

Ride is on the firm side (mine has 19" geminis) but coming from a MK7 GTI, it's still a much plush ride. It is still sportier than our 2020 CR-V but I wouldn't call it harsh.

Audio is awesome but there is some boominess inside the cabin.

My 14 YO daughter (5'3") did try the 3rd row while I sit on the 2nd row behind driver's seat adjusted for myself (5'11") and it was fine. With 2nd row slid forward, she had acceptable legroom and headroom. This is going to be fine for short trips in the city occasionally but not for road trips. Operating the 2nd row for 3rd row entry takes some time to get used to.

Overall we really enjoy this one. Hope you guys get yours soon!!!!

Attachments

• MY_Fender.jpg
    MY_Fender.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Just wanted to report that I picked up a MYLR7 yesterday from Seattle service center, my first Tesla, ordered over 13 months ago :D. Not sure if the long wait time had anything to do with that I tried to put mine on hold last August (anticipating Tax Credit.....my hold was removed automatically later) and I moved from KS to WA. Mine (F536) came with the matrix lights and the new door panels but no cargo shelf cover (not sure how useful this will be for a 7 seater though).

The only issue during the delivery and on the way home I found are a small misalignment (as pictured) between front driver side fender and front door, the fender sits a bit too proud compared to other Model Ys (that were also being delivered) next to mine and a minor (tin-can like) rattle from the interior rearview mirror. I have already scheduled an appointment next week to get them checked.

What's interesting is that after I drove it back home, a neighbor came to congratulate and check mine and said there were quite a few changes from his, also a MYLR7, ordered the first year it was available (2021? he said he waited 6 months...). The biggest one is that his trunk lower compartment cover can be reversed (two positions) while mine can be used only 1 way. I didn't know that's the case seeing all the YouTube Reviews for 7-seater MY but I like mine nevertheless as it is less of a ramp compared to the earlier design.

Ride is on the firm side (mine has 19" geminis) but coming from a MK7 GTI, it's still a much plush ride. It is still sportier than our 2020 CR-V but I wouldn't call it harsh.

My 14 YO daughter (5'3") did try the 3rd row while I sit on the 2nd row behind driver's seat adjusted for myself (5'11") and it was fine. With 2nd row slid forward, she had acceptable legroom and headroom. This is going to be fine for short trips in the city occasionally but not for road trips. Operating the 2nd row for 3rd row entry takes some time to get used to.

Good points! Thanks for sharing

That is interesting about the trunk cover being one direction now. I have seen reviews that allowed the cover to be flipped over. Which orientation is the cover, raised or lowered?

That is interesting about the trunk cover being one direction now. I have seen reviews that allowed the cover to be flipped over. Which orientation is the cover, raised or lowered?
Raised so the front edge is level with the flattened 3rd row. There is a ramp from the plastic trim where the latch for the hatch is on the cover and it looks less obvious but still a ramp, compared to the really flat cover for the 5 seater.

Can you post some pics of lower portion trunk only being one directional?

Can you post some pics of lower portion trunk only being one directional?
Sure, Please see the attached showing it is not reversible anymore. If I reverse it, it doesn't sit correctly. Also see the side profile showing now it doesn't have the chamfer leading to the flattened 3rd row seat back, this is very different to the earlier "reversible" version in this link.
Sorry I had to keep my 3rd row up as part of the curing process for the ceramic coating applied to the white seat surfaces.

Attachments

• IMG-0797 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-0797 - Copy.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG-0798 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-0798 - Copy.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-0799 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-0799 - Copy.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 86
Placed an order for a LRY-7 (white/white, 7 seats, no other options) 7/28/2022 with an initial EDD of Dec 22 - Feb 23. That later got bumped out to 4 Feb-Apr 7 2023.
Checked today, and now it says "December 2022". Looks like the line is definitely moving up. Still trying to see if I can place my order on hold till Jan to take advantage of (hopefully) some EV tax credit.

For those who have taken recent delivery of their MYLR7’s, did your car come with the mobile charger?

Just got an email from Tesla offering a voucher to cover the cost of one.

FYI ordered my Y in Dec 2021
From what I have heard is if you get the voucher then your car will not come with a mobile charger. This is to cover the cost of one if you choose to purchase one.

Reactions: CV-MY