Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is the same, it disappeared and it’s disappointing! I shouldn’t complain because I know others have waited longer than 6 months I have waited so far, but the fact that people who live in California are picking there’s up in a matter of days from their order date is disheartening.
Does anyone know why our spec is sitting in inventory in ÇA while we wait months for ours?

Found a MYLR7 in inventory in my state. Black on black, has a tow hitch. EDD is this week and I have the VIN. I completed the financing step, no trade in. I was about to add it to my insurance but now the pre delivery steps are gone and it only says view account. When you click view account it says continue pre delivery in the app.

Good question. If the price you ordered FSD is the current price yes I'd remove it, you could just buy after delivery. Unless you get clear confirmation FSD doesn't impact the tax credit.
It would be very nice to get some clear direction from both the Feds and Tesla. Just a hint from Tesla, that they would structure the saie so that more of their customers would be eligible would be nice. I could envision something along the following lines:

• If the hardware is for EAP and FSD remains distinctive, that would be the option that you select when configuring the car.
  • maybe even a choice between USS and eyesight. I realize that carrying those forward in parallel may not be practical from a production viewpoint, but given the infancy of FSD, there may still be knowledge to be gained
  • and perhaps a month to 6 weeks to add on the software packages - even try before you buy like the beta testing. You could add it on during this trial period you could add it on at some predetermined cost. Insurance companies could adjust premium accordingly. Doesn't seem difficult, just consumer friendly.
Sorry for the digression, but sitting in the waiting room, and having 2 early M3LRs and an S Plaid in the family, gives one a long time to think, and go down the Tesla rabbit hole.

But for now, as long as purchase after delivery is an still an option, that is what I will do. I was waiting until after the first of the year to make sure Tesla didn't spring any other surprises on us.

Reactions: Mike7564