Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note: The California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) is $2,000 (or $4,500 for Low Income) for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)

Only the $43,990 Model 3 RWD is below $45,000,
(White/Grey/Blue color and black interior) or (White color and white interior)

And only the $56,990 Model Y Long Range 7-seater is below $60,000,
(Still $3,000 options is available, see the 5-seat color and interior and also $20" wheel $2,000 or $1,000 Tow Hitch)

So after deducting the $7,500 IRA and the $2,000 CVRP, the final cost would be:

- $34,490 Model 3 RWD

- $47,490 Model Y Long Range 7-seater
@Mike7564

I am referring to 7 seater since this is 7-seater waiting thread.

Either way though - the CVRP price cap is based on Base MSRP. They need to relist the sedan Model 3 ($45K base MSRP cap) and SUV Model Y ($60K base MSRP cap) as eligible.

There will be a change come February 2023 increasing the CVRP rebate for those with income eligible for the higher rebate (to $7500).

With the new pricing, I decided to go back to the 5 seater and still qualify for the tax credit. Thought the IRS ruling would force Tesla to move 7 seaters to more of a priority, but now that they all qualify, they’ll probably keep the same production schedule and I worried about getting a 7 seater before March and another change to the tax credit. Good luck to everyone though and let’s all be happy we’re taking delivery this year!
I'm curious to see if a number of 7 seater orders will get converted to 5 seat now that the credit covers them. I ordered a 7 seat today, and have Feb - Apr as my estimate in the app.

@Mike7564

I am referring to 7 seater since this is 7-seater waiting thread.

Either way though - the CVRP price cap is based on Base MSRP. They need to relist the sedan Model 3 ($45K base MSRP cap) and SUV Model Y ($60K base MSRP cap) as eligible.

There will be a change come February 2023 increasing the CVRP rebate for those with income eligible for the higher rebate (to $7500).

Tesla will need to reapply with CVRP, and be approved, in order for Tesla vehicles to be eligible.

Couple questions for everyone here. We were sort of on the fence re: the 7 seater because our youngest boy is 10 years old and it almost 5' tall. We figure we only have 2-3 years of him being short enough to sit back there and he doesn't really need to be back there often. So, for us, it's 4k for a few times per year over the next few year. It seems nice, but It seems like we'll be throwing 4k away and potentially limiting our buyer pool down the road? At 3k, I was good with it, but when it went to 4k, I had to sit down and see how often we'd need it (even then, it might not be a need).

Any thoughts? If you were to possibly use it 2-3 times/year for a couple years, would you do it? Could you see any other reason to do it? What do you think about the future value of a 7 seater vs. 5 seater?

Couple questions for everyone here. We were sort of on the fence re: the 7 seater because our youngest boy is 10 years old and it almost 5' tall. We figure we only have 2-3 years of him being short enough to sit back there and he doesn't really need to be back there often. So, for us, it's 4k for a few times per year over the next few year. It seems nice, but It seems like we'll be throwing 4k away and potentially limiting our buyer pool down the road? At 3k, I was good with it, but when it went to 4k, I had to sit down and see how often we'd need it (even then, it might not be a need).

Any thoughts? If you were to possibly use it 2-3 times/year for a couple years, would you do it? Could you see any other reason to do it? What do you think about the future value of a 7 seater vs. 5 seater?
I am in the same boat. I have 10 and 6 year old girls and we will only need to use the third row when we have visitors in from out of town and only want to take one car everywhere. However, I think we will use it but perhaps only a handful of times over the next few years. Also, whenever we do sell it I think it may have a slightly higher resale value than a 5 seater would.

Perhaps I missed it from a prior post but my understanding was for a model Y 5 seater the MSRP cap was $55K and since I wanted the 20" wheels and MSM paint that pushed me slightly over the $55K so i needed to upgrade to 7 seats stay under the $80K cap for eSUVs.

Perhaps I missed it from a prior post but my understanding was for a model Y 5 seater the MSRP cap was $55K and since I wanted the 20" wheels and MSM paint that pushed me slightly over the $55K so i needed to upgrade to 7 seats stay under the $80K cap for eSUVs.
This is correct, you've only got $2k to play with options if you go 5 seater. Alternatively you can get the Gemini wheels and replace them with 20" later.

I probably will only use it a few times of the year but I like to have the flexibility since it'll be our only car in the family, also I do believe the 7 seater will hold its value better, it's still a fairly rare car and I think demand will continue to outpace supply in the next several years.

We only plan on using ours occasionally as well. When we ordered it was $3k, which really isn’t much in the grand scheme of things. If you want any color other than white, you’re dropping $1500 a $2k just for paint. As least with the seats it gives you flexibility to use when needed. If you don’t need them, fold them down and you have the same storage space as a 5 seater.
I think 7 seaters will hold their value better than a 5 seater. There are less, so those looking to buy in the future used will be willing to pay more since they won’t have as many options.

We only plan on using ours occasionally as well. When we ordered it was $3k, which really isn’t much in the grand scheme of things. If you want any color other than white, you’re dropping $1500 a $2k just for paint. As least with the seats it gives you flexibility to use when needed. If you don’t need them, fold them down and you have the same storage space as a 5 seater.
I think 7 seaters will hold their value better than a 5 seater. There are less, so those looking to buy in the future used will be willing to pay more since they won’t have as many options.
We only plan on using ours occasionally as well. When family comes to town, I have a 5 year old that will in the third row and we will not have to take omer than one car - even an M3 to park, pay tolls and charge. I'm sure the 5 year old convince a flexible Aunt or Uncle to keep company, but even 5 years of one car only is work it. The way I figure I'm paying less than 5.00 a day, for the total (tax and title) of my "wants" vs must have extras. One less glass of wine with my home cooked meal.

Reactions: Kairide