Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems past week all the positive movement and VIN assignments are happening for 20 inch vehicles. Same ODs but 19 inch wheel guys are getting pushed to the last week. Assuming they are easy to install or available in bulk so they maybe able to ramp towards the end or focusing on maximizing the profit with 20 inch. Don’t know. All I now know is size does matter😉

Reactions: vishnumrao
Seems past week all the positive movement and VIN assignments are happening for 20 inch vehicles. Same ODs but 19 inch wheel guys are getting pushed to the last week. Assuming they are easy to install or available in bulk so they maybe able to ramp towards the end or focusing on maximizing the profit with 20 inch. Don’t know. All I now know is size does matter😉
1 inch makes a big difference.

Scared to switch though. Can't risk going to the back of the line.

Got my VIN!

MYLR7 / MSM / Black / 20” / Tow

Boise, Idaho

OD: 1/16 EDD1: 3/2-3/30 EDD2: 3/1-3/29 EDD3: 3/4-3/11

2/21: Received the text - “We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.”

2/25: Received VIN with latest EDD - did not receive notification text, just refreshed my app
2/26: Edited with delivery date and communications below

Just got my VIN!

Boise, Idaho

Delivery date: 3/7

Comms: 2/21: Received the text - “We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.”

2/25: Received VIN with latest EDD - did not receive notification text, just refreshed my app

2/26: Received text “…your VIN is assigned. Upload an insurance policy in the Tesla app now. We will message you again when it's time to schedule your delivery.”

2/26: Not long after uploading insurance, received text “…it's time to schedule your Model Y delivery! To proceed with delivery, schedule now at tesla.com/schedule/…” Took first available appointment.

2/26: Paid in full using ACH bank transaction with Tesla Plaid payment method. Showed as paid in full right away.

I hope this helps those who are still waiting. I’ll post another update with my delivery experience. Let’s pray the feds delay releasing the rules as long as possible. And that they give us the full credit when released. Good luck, everyone!

Just got my VIN!

Boise, Idaho

Comms: 2/21: Received the text - “We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.”

2/26: Received text “…your VIN is assigned. Upload an insurance policy in the Tesla app now. We will message you again when it's time to schedule your delivery.”

2/26: Not long after uploading insurance, received text “…it's time to schedule your Model Y delivery! To proceed with delivery, schedule now at tesla.com/schedule/…” Took first available appointment.

2/26: Paid in full using ACH bank transaction with Tesla Plaid payment method. Showed as paid in full right away.

I hope this helps those who are still waiting. I’ll post another update with my delivery experience. Let’s pray the feds delay releasing the rules as long as possible. And that they give us the full credit when released. Good luck, everyone!
Nice. How does the insurance upload work if I want to switch to a more tesla friendly insurance?

Just got my VIN!

Boise, Idaho

Congrats!!
What happens if there is something wrong with the vehicle and you have to end up refusing delivery? I know it is very unlikely but it makes me nervous to pay for the vehicle before I get a chance to inspect it. I'm planning to pay at delivery.

Got my VIN assigned today! Here's an update:
MYLR7, Midnight Silver, Black Interior, 20” Induction Wheels, Tow
OD: 1/18/2023
EDD: March 2 - March 16
SMS "VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks": February 21
SMS "your VIN is assigned": February 26
EDD: March 11 - March 17

Uploaded Insurance, paid the downpayment via Tesla App (Plaid): February 26

Now just waiting to see when they will allow me to schedule delivery. I live in Texas. I wonder if Tesla has to be fully paid before letting me schedule delivery. I have to schedule a closing with my bank tomorrow. We shall see. I will update my progress.

Reactions: GoGators!