Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2/26: Edited with delivery date and communications below

Just got my VIN!

MYLR7 / MSM / Black / 20” / Tow

Boise, Idaho

OD: 1/16 EDD1: 3/2-3/30 EDD2: 3/1-3/29 EDD3: 3/4-3/11

Delivery date: 3/7

Comms: 2/21: Received the text - “We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.”

2/25: Received VIN with latest EDD - did not receive notification text, just refreshed my app

2/26: Received text “…your VIN is assigned. Upload an insurance policy in the Tesla app now. We will message you again when it's time to schedule your delivery.”

2/26: Not long after uploading insurance, received text “…it's time to schedule your Model Y delivery! To proceed with delivery, schedule now at tesla.com/schedule/…” Took first available appointment.

2/26: Paid in full using ACH bank transaction with Tesla Plaid payment method. Showed as paid in full right away.
Pretty much the way it went for me .
Now just waiting to see when they will allow me to schedule delivery. I live in Texas. I wonder if Tesla has to be fully paid before letting me schedule delivery. I have to schedule a closing with my bank tomorrow. We shall see. I will update my progress.
But Texas is a bit different. I added the MY to my existing policy and gave them a starting date of the day of pick up. I uploaded the temp information. I then got a text from Tesla saying that I would need to have it active for 3 days prior in order for them to get the temp paper plates to put on the car at sale. I was about to do that but the agent had just updated our current insurance showing a way early date, based on our other cars. It works for Tesla and insurance says we will sort out our actual payment when we receive the car.

I was told that Tesla would like to have payment ASAP, I pressed them and they said3 days would be fine, but since it was instantaneous, it could be day of! I didn't wait, i picked an early date and I'm glad I did. My credit union IS NOT part of Plaid and I couldn't make the payment. I had another option which did go through -- the issue there was several different types of accounts and I'm not really sure if Plaid is savings, money market, checking aware. I called the institution to tell them to expect the draw and alert to the potential problem. It went through but Idon't know if Plaid is smart or my institution caught it. Anyway, glad I had a bit of time in case all that failed. The third alternative would have been the wire transfer - but that does take time. It is not an instant transfer.

A final note: I also alerted Tesla about the potential ACH mismatch, and the fact I was also out of town, right up until delivery and asked if they would keep my car for me if I couldn't take delivery as planned. Asked if they would give me time to get it sorted. A very strange answer -- "Let me look. You have actively fullfilled all the requirements and signed your docs, so probably." Not the reassuring answer I was expecting. We'll see on the 28th, I'm scheduled to pick up then.

Reactions: Chey
Pretty much the way it went for me .

But Texas is a bit different. I added the MY to my existing policy and gave them a starting date of the day of pick up. I uploaded the temp information. I then got a text from Tesla saying that I would need to have it active for 3 days prior in order for them to get the temp paper plates to put on the car at sale. I was about to do that but the agent had just updated our current insurance showing a way early date, based on our other cars. It works for Tesla and insurance says we will sort out our actual payment when we receive the car.

I was told that Tesla would like to have payment ASAP, I pressed them and they said3 days would be fine, but since it was instantaneous, it could be day of! I didn't wait, i picked an early date and I'm glad I did. My credit union IS NOT part of Plaid and I couldn't make the payment. I had another option which did go through -- the issue there was several different types of accounts and I'm not really sure if Plaid is savings, money market, checking aware. I called the institution to tell them to expect the draw and alert to the potential problem. It went through but Idon't know if Plaid is smart or my institution caught it. Anyway, glad I had a bit of time in case all that failed. The third alternative would have been the wire transfer - but that does take time. It is not an instant transfer.

A final note: I also alerted Tesla about the potential ACH mismatch, and the fact I was also out of town, right up until delivery and asked if they would keep my car for me if I couldn't take delivery as planned. Asked if they would give me time to get it sorted. A very strange answer -- "Let me look. You have actively fullfilled all the requirements and signed your docs, so probably." Not the reassuring answer I was expecting. We'll see on the 28th, I'm scheduled to pick up then.
So it looks like they allowed you to schedule delivery before being fully paid, is that right? Keep us posted :)

When you get the message to schedule delivery, it will include a link where you go to Tesla's website and select a date - there will be a 3 day window listed for you to choose from, and when you click each date it will give you the available times on that day. You select the one you want and submit and your delivery is scheduled! Below is what I was presented with when I clicked the link.
I haven't provided insurance yet, but will the day of. I called my insurance company, gave them the VIN, and they added it to my policy effective 3/3, the date of my pickup. They told me it would show up on the insurance card the morning of 3/3 so I plan to upload it first thing in the morning as soon as it is showing on my card. But you can add your current policy card in there now then just change it once you have the actual VIN listed. Some states require you to have the actual vehicle listed on the policy, some only require a picture of your current policy without the new vehicle. Depends on the state you live in.

View attachment 912032
Thank you for such clear details this is really helpful. As suggested I have added my current policy and prior to delivery date I will update my policy.

Reactions: GoGators!
So it looks like they allowed you to schedule delivery before being fully paid, is that right? Keep us posted :)
Yes, I scheduled the delivery before I paid and even before I had proof of insurance. I had to postpone the delivery and got many nagging texts to remind me to upload insurance, and then to pay. With everything done and accepted, today I had two calls from the delivery/service center, some texts to confirm pick up tomorrow. Also note, when they didnt like the insurance I got a call and text that it needed to change. 🤞

Reactions: jaxp316
MYLR White / Black / Gemini / 7 Seat
OD 1/15
Profile Completion: 1/18
EDD 1: Feb - April
EDD 2: Mar 4 - Mar 31
EDD 3: Mar 24 - Mar 31 --Updated Feb 22nd
EDD 3: Mar 14 - Mar 31 --Updated Feb 28nd
VIN not assigned.
Mine updated the same as well.

OD 1/16
MYLR7 Black/Black/19 Inch

EDD #1 - Feb-Mar
EDD #2 - Mar 6-Mar 31
EDD #3 - Mar 24-31 (on 2/22)
EDD #4 - Mar 14-31 (on 2/28)

update today but got pushed out to april-may. no changes to order since 1/15 OD

MYLR Red/Black/19"/7 Seat/No Tow
OD 1/15
EDD 1 on 1/18: 3/5-3/31
EDD 2 on 2/22: 3/24-3/31
EDD 3 on 2/28: 4/12-5/17
No Vin
FYI, There is one with 20” and tow in Kennesaw (30144) right now that can be registered in GA.

Edit- sorry came up on Nashville search, but is actually in GA

Damn! After reading this I checked my OD - 1/16, EDD has been solid at 3/25 - 3/31. Pushed today 4/13-5/18. :mad:
Exactly same order as yours and same OD 1/16 . MYLR 7 MSM, black interior, 19 inch wheels, no tow. Saw a 4 day improvement .
EDD on 2/22 was updated to Mar 23-Mar 31 and EDD today on 2/28 updated to Mar 19-Mar 31. Not holding my breath as seeing the trend this looks like slipping beyond march. for the past two weeks they have prioritizing 20 inch wheel options. 19 inch wheel orders havent been successful at obtaining VIN beyond OD 1/14. Seems like they will be bunching most of the folks with 19 inch wheels towards the last week. However seems like OD 1/16 will be touch and go before 3/31 for 7 seaters. Blame MYP folks for this

Well if there is a 19” wheel shortage, it is self imposed. They just built 350 MY SR AWD 5 seaters and put 19” on 200 of them 🤬 …and then dumped them into inventory. So not all on MYP folks.
Yep this is a good point. At this time I am just speculating most of the stuff and I am not an expert on factory lines and how they are being efficiently used. Just a frustrated customer :(. On the investor day there might be more confusion with their CEO making some more wild promises. Have given up hope by mar 31. Just hoping US government extends the federal credit deadline.