Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater 2nd Row End Cap Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model Y 7 seater yesterday and we already have our first issue. On the 2nd row sliding rails, there is an end cap plastic piece. Every time we move the seat forward to access the 3rd row, the end cap pops off. The frustrating thing is the SC is 60 miles from my house and Tesla won't come out for a mobile service so I have to take back down to the SC after this week. Has anyone else seen this problem before.
20210829_155733.jpg
20210829_155752.jpg

Reactions: QueenBeez
I don’t know, other than replace it. I’ll let you know if breaks off again the next time we use the third row… My guess is that like their HVAC “fixes”, it’s basically the definition of insanity. You know, the whole “doing the same thing over again and expecting a different outcome”…

Same issue with our 7 seater. First one came off because the pink plastic insert tabs broke off. They replaced it and pushed it back on. Came right back off. Last night 2nd one came off. Looking closer, the end cap won't push on far enough to re-engage the pink plastic tabs, it bottoms out against metal. Will look closer this weekend.

I had the same issue at delivery (in fact they installed wrong ones first and had to order correct ones) after a couple times of popping them on, they haven't come off again after almost a year. I didn't do anything different, maybe they settled into their spot after a while

When I took delivery in June 2021, this was already on the floor :( If it weren't for a 3rd party delivery service dropping it off at my house, I would've asked for a fix before accepting. In any case, seemed like a connecting piece broke off as I noticed a serrated (non-smooth) break-away point.

I had something worse happen. I received a notice that the second row was "not latched to the floor". Try as I might, the second row refused to latch to the floor. Nor could I tilt it very far forward. When I looked further the right side trim piece has partially come off. Tesla is send a mobile ranger to take care of this coming week. Let's see if he can get it fixed.