Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater 2nd Row End Cap Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had something worse happen. I received a notice that the second row was "not latched to the floor". Try as I might, the second row refused to latch to the floor. Nor could I tilt it very far forward. When I looked further the right side trim piece has partially come off. Tesla is send a mobile ranger to take care of this coming week. Let's see if he can get it fixed.
uggg I had this issue. They had to order new seats and reinstall. Still have a lingering issue where if anyone sits in the center seat, you can hear the motors continuously try to latch. The motors will randomly try to actuate every 1-5 seconds... No warnings anymore and seat seems solid but obviously something is still wrong.

uggg I had this issue. They had to order new seats and reinstall. Still have a lingering issue where if anyone sits in the center seat, you can hear the motors continuously try to latch. The motors will randomly try to actuate every 1-5 seconds... No warnings anymore and seat seems solid but obviously something is still wrong.
That's absolutely ridiculous. I need a fully functioning 2nd row!

Is there a "trick" to pushing the pink tab back in? Pushed as hard as I could and it came right back out
No trick

I recalled, "the best part is no part", so I gave up and never put the part back in. 🤪

Had complained about it twice, wasting time - mobile and service center "corrected" it, but not really.

And, they took 4 months total to replace the 2nd row seat (RH side) due to motor keep unlatching the back of the seat. Plus another 3 months to replace 3rd row seatbelt that was stuck retracted. 🤦‍♂️

I have the end cap issue on a 7-seater Y that was finally delivered two weeks ago. Oddly, none of the second row caps were installed when I picked up the car - they were just loosely sitting in the center console and on the floor in the second row. A mobile service tech who came out for something on my other car said he's seen the issue and that it could be fixed with new parts. He said the new and old parts can look identical, but one will pop off and the other won't. Haven't had the time to schedule an appointment yet to see if this holds true since I'll have to go in to the service center. Mobile service wasn't an option for this issue.

Tesla mobie service was just here. The service tech found multiple pieces of second row seat trim that had come off. He told me this is fairly common. And of course, the service center doesn't have them in stock. He just took them off and threw them in the trunk for now.

Unfortunately, the service tech was unable to fix the second row left side seat not latching. He made me an appointment at the service center on Friday (lucky to get one so soon!), to have them take the seat out and look underneath. However, once again, if there's a part replacement needed they won't have it.

That means that the MY is useless to me until I get that second row fixed. I can't drive it with the bonging chime getting louder and louder the faster I go. And it's not safe for my kids to be seated on a seat that's not latch to the floor. Tesla should have gone with a simple mechanical latching system instead of the fancy powered motor system.

Update: Tesla service now says they're going to have to replace the entire driver's side rear seat rear seat assembly due to it not being able to latch to the floor. Parts won't get here until the 28th. Not great when we have 3 kids to shuttle around daily.