Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I didn't send the car back yet because as we have established it's WeVees fault and not Tesla. The issue is still ongoing and its got to the stage now where I would say NEVER ever use WeVee. They claimed yesterday that they had now given Tesla everything they needed and they also said Tesla would make the update today. Have just called Tesla and they still know nothing about it. Faith in WeVee is entirely shot now. I have no evidence that they have actually done anything to correct their mistake. We'll see how today goes but its beginning to look like they are failing to fulfil their contract.

• Informative
Reactions: rockafunked
So I didn't send the car back yet because as we have established it's WeVees fault and not Tesla. The issue is still ongoing and its got to the stage now where I would say NEVER ever use WeVee. They claimed yesterday that they had now given Tesla everything they needed and they also said Tesla would make the update today. Have just called Tesla and they still know nothing about it. Faith in WeVee is entirely shot now. I have no evidence that they have actually done anything to correct their mistake. We'll see how today goes but its beginning to look like they are failing to fulfil their contract.

At first I thought this was easily sorted and would be done soon enough.

What do you think has happened? Could it be WeVee failed to factor in fsd to the amount quoted you and so are now trying to get out of providing it and hoping you would just go away? Otherwise I cannot see what is taking them so long seeing as with their not providing what you paid for you can return the car and they would be stuck with it.

Or am I missing something here?

At first I thought this was easily sorted and would be done soon enough.

What do you think has happened? Could it be WeVee failed to factor in fsd to the amount quoted you and so are now trying to get out of providing it and hoping you would just go away? Otherwise I cannot see what is taking them so long seeing as with their not providing what you paid for you can return the car and they would be stuck with it.

Or am I missing something here?
It would surprise me if they didn't know of the mistake. We had quite a few chats and they tried to convince me not to order it. I got quotes with and without and they were significantly different. I'm definitely paying the upper quote and my contract definitely states I have it. I think they genuinely just forgot to order it, or Lex did as WeVee are just the brokers. I'm genuinely upset as to how long its taking to sort out. I have just got off the phone to Tesla and they won't let me talk to the department that is dealing with it. So at the moment I have no way of knowing what progress, if any, is being made. I guess, knowing the ultimate "fix" is just a software update its frustrating that so much has to go on in the background and its doubly frustrating that I'm dealing with 3rd parties and they aren't talking to each other. If it was just me and Tesla i'd be "what do you want??" As it is I have no idea who is waiting for what.

It would surprise me if they didn't know of the mistake. We had quite a few chats and they tried to convince me not to order it. I got quotes with and without and they were significantly different. I'm definitely paying the upper quote and my contract definitely states I have it. I think they genuinely just forgot to order it, or Lex did as WeVee are just the brokers. I'm genuinely upset as to how long its taking to sort out. I have just got off the phone to Tesla and they won't let me talk to the department that is dealing with it. So at the moment I have no way of knowing what progress, if any, is being made. I guess, knowing the ultimate "fix" is just a software update its frustrating that so much has to go on in the background and its doubly frustrating that I'm dealing with 3rd parties and they aren't talking to each other. If it was just me and Tesla i'd be "what do you want??" As it is I have no idea who is waiting for what.
I hate those situations - where you're basically an intermediary between two companies that aren't particularly motivated to get anything sorted in any particularly fast timescale, and you can't speak to anyone with any decision making power in either.

I wonder if there is any mileage in you trying to get hold of someone at your local SC on the phone, to see if they can light some fires themselves.

Since you have FSD in your contracts WeVee are manifestly in breach of it. If this rumbles on for too long, you could threaten them with legal action. You are currently paying for a service that is not being provided to you. I don't know the ins and outs of your contract but presumably the initial rental that you've already paid has at least 9 months worth of the FSD premium baked into it, so I'd wager you've suffered at least that in terms of loss. I'd fire off a Letter Before Action if you don't get anywhere by the end of the week.

I don't know the ins and outs of your contract but presumably the initial rental that you've already paid has at least 9 months worth of the FSD premium baked into it, so I'd wager you've suffered at least that in terms of loss. I'd fire off a Letter Before Action if you don't get anywhere by the end of the week.

Yes it does, and I even have the seperate quotes for FSD and for one without FSD so I can clearly demonstrate the differences in both monthly cost and initial rental. Just got off the phone to Tesla, who can't say anything more at the moment. Shame, if they could tell me specifically what is missing, I could sit on WeVee/Lex until I saw it get done.

Their (WeVee) offices are about half a mile from where my other half works, I'm tempted to pick her up and go in on the way home, sit on someones desk until I can see them actioning my complaint!

Last edited:

Have you put any of this into writing to WeeVee?

It would be worth setting out the issue in a letter and sending recorded delivery. You should also give them a clear deadline to resolve the issue.

The consumer rights act 2015 seems to be helpful in the situation you find yourself in:

"The Consumer Rights Act 2015
The Consumer Rights Act is relevant to complaints about the quality of goods or services (including digital content) supplied by a business to a consumer. It implies certain contractual rights into consumer contracts - even if the supplier's paperwork doesn't include (or specifically tries to exclude) them.

It came into effect on 1 October 2015, bringing together key consumer rights from various pieces of legislation including:

It clarifies the responsibilities placed on a supplier and provides a clearer explanation of the rights a consumer is entitled to.

The Act isn't retrospective, so if the consumer entered into a contract before 1 October 2015, previous legislation would apply.

Key points of the Consumer Rights Act are:

• goods must be of satisfactory quality, fit for their intended purpose and as described
  • services should be carried out with reasonable care and skill, and if not specifically agreed, in a reasonable time frame and at a reasonable cost
The Act also sets out the consumer's rights in the event of a breach of contract including:

• the consumer's right to a repair, replacement, rejection or partial refund for problems with goods
  • the consumer's right to have services attempted again or receive a partial refund for those that have already taken place"
Your goods are not as described and I would argue this gives you rights to reject the goods or pay a reduced monthly fee to reflect the missing features. That might be a crap argument but I would give it a go.

You might want to make WeeVee aware that you have looked at this act to see if that stirs them into action.

Reactions: Neilio
I appreciate that a wrong needs righting, but I hope that you find FSD worth it in the end. If it was me and I was on a short/medium lease, I would personally cancel FSD and take the saving. Don't get me wrong, I like the FSD and the journey that we are all on (even as autopilot users), but I'm only on it as we were planning on keeping the car long term. Many people bought FSD and got exactly zilch for their outlay before they moved the car on - historically EAP (enhanced autopilot) gave what, until recently FSD gave. And if the rumoured subscription service comes along, then that may make a very viable solution for occasional users.

To be clear, before you write letters etc you need to be clear about what it is you want. In other words - do you want the whole contract unwound, car taken back, and start from scratch again, or do you want to get FSD added and some sort of goodwill compensation for the partial failure of performance of the contract, your time, etc.

On the basis that it sounds like you want FSD, and don't want to pay outright for it, WeVee simply deducting it from your premiums isn't really a solution.

Either way a LBA should sharpen their minds, if you don't get anywhere, though if you are that close to their offices I'd be tempted to pay them a visit too.

I appreciate that a wrong needs righting, but I hope that you find FSD worth it in the end. If it was me and I was on a short/medium lease, I would personally cancel FSD and take the saving. Don't get me wrong, I like the FSD and the journey that we are all on (even as autopilot users), but I'm only on it as we were planning on keeping the car long term. Many people bought FSD and got exactly zilch for their outlay before they moved the car on - historically EAP (enhanced autopilot) gave what, until recently FSD gave. And if the rumoured subscription service comes along, then that may make a very viable solution for occasional users.
With respect, that's irrelevant. The guy wants FSD, he paid/is paying for FSD, and he hasn't got it. That's the core issue at hand. Discussing the relative merits of FSD clouds the issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Neilio and ElRey
The problem I have is I have fallen in love with the car. So the ideal scenario is I get the FSD added and some sort of compensation for the mistakes and the time and effort it is currently taking to correct them. The problem I have at the moment is I'm in limbo. I don't trust the information I'm getting from them and I'm getting nothing from Tesla (the nice lady dealing with my case said she'd check with the tech team and get back to me but she hasn't. ) obviously I'll try my best to get a resolution where I get the car I want but the longer it goes on the more I'll have to think about complaining about breaches of contract and sadly giving up the car. Still I guess it gives me a chance to go through the whole ordering, waiting and tracking ships fun

Picked up my M3 LR today from Southampton. Arrived 10 minutes before my allotted time and I was the only customer there to my surprise. Car looked almost perfect other than a couple of places with glue residue. There is a slight misalignment of one of the rear doors but wondered if I need to get this sorted or would it be within tolerance?

1FC7152E-40BF-441E-8A20-D088D45D1A18.jpeg

The problem I have is I have fallen in love with the car. So the ideal scenario is I get the FSD added and some sort of compensation for the mistakes and the time and effort it is currently taking to correct them. The problem I have at the moment is I'm in limbo. I don't trust the information I'm getting from them and I'm getting nothing from Tesla (the nice lady dealing with my case said she'd check with the tech team and get back to me but she hasn't. ) obviously I'll try my best to get a resolution where I get the car I want but the longer it goes on the more I'll have to think about complaining about breaches of contract and sadly giving up the car. Still I guess it gives me a chance to go through the whole ordering, waiting and tracking ships fun

My thinking is in line with yours.
The major issue is you want FSD and are not getting it. You're in love with the car but would you be happy without FSD long term?

I'm not in your shoes but seeing as you love the car, I'd say keep it. I can't see them not refunding your fsd payments if it never gets resolved. As @Durzel said, you could sharpen their minds with a letter which would also help strengthen your case further down the line if and when you have to hand the car back to them for breach of contract. It would show you never accepted the vehicle in it's current state and attempted to resolve the matter.

I don't envy your position especially as you like the car. If you didn't this would be the perfect excuse to hand it back and go elsewhere.

Hope you get compensated for your trouble.

Picked up my M3 LR today from Southampton. Arrived 10 minutes before my allotted time and I was the only customer there to my surprise. Car looked almost perfect other than a couple of places with glue residue. There is a slight misalignment of one of the rear doors but wondered if I need to get this sorted or would it be within tolerance?

View attachment 585887
Glue residue is a given I'm afraid.. it seems to be commonplace. At least it's not permanent.

Chrome trim alignment is very much a "if you don't ask" thing. I had mine tweaked, it wasn't bad to begin with but thought it could be better, and when I asked about it on pickup I was told it was now "within tolerance". I took that as a cue to not moan about it again lol.

Latest update: there is no update. I'm beyond frustrated with this now. I'm actually taking the car away on a road trip on Friday but, as I don't have the options I'm paying for as soon as I come back it's sadly going to have to go back. The thing that really bugs me is I configured the FSD the day before it went up to it's current price and that was reflected in the cost. When I find another lease company and lease another one, I'll be paying more for exactly the same vehicle.

It really saddens me that it's come to this. My advice to you guys would be to not trust WeVee, they talk a good game but when it's time to pull the boots on they can't perform. Also can anyone recommend a reputable lease firm for EVs?

Latest update: there is no update. I'm beyond frustrated with this now. I'm actually taking the car away on a road trip on Friday but, as I don't have the options I'm paying for as soon as I come back it's sadly going to have to go back. The thing that really bugs me is I configured the FSD the day before it went up to it's current price and that was reflected in the cost. When I find another lease company and lease another one, I'll be paying more for exactly the same vehicle.

It really saddens me that it's come to this. My advice to you guys would be to not trust WeVee, they talk a good game but when it's time to pull the boots on they can't perform. Also can anyone recommend a reputable lease firm for EVs?

I leased direct with Tesla and other than having to chase for a few updates the process has been painless.

View attachment 585887

I would get this fixed if it was me. It looks a bit too much off for my liking but many people could live with it

Reactions: Cyclone1 and Neilio
Yeah, apart from not keeping me informed with what they need, I've had no issues with Tesla on this one.

Sadly they only do personal leases and I need a business one
Hmm
There may have been an 11th hour reprieve.

Not sure yet but I told WeVee that if it doesn't get sorted today I'll be considering it a breach of contract and taking appropriate steps. Funnily enough after that I find out they HAVE sent the purchase order to Tesla.
Just got off the phone to them. Sales now have to "undeliver" the car and redeliver with the correct spec. Then the tech team can install the fsd software. This may take a week . Slow process but this is the first time in a week I feel any progress has been made. It is still leaving a sour taste but don't let it put you off. As far as I know Tesla have done well

Reactions: MrBadger and s88ats