Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D vs 85D help to make decision please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at it this way, you are paying $10k for 30 miles of added range for the 85D. Is that worth it to you? Are you driving so far that an extra 30 miles will mean the difference between finding a charger or getting stranded? I'll bet most people can get by with a 70D and a little bit of planning.

You're getting a lot more than just additional miles with the bigger battery - additional performance and SC charging speed also. If you can, I would opt for the 90D over the 70D.

Regarding 70 vs 90 and total range... A friend made an astute observation and decision when he decided on the 90 over 70. It wasn't about daily/weekly routine in his case but more about the edge cases: What road trips does he/family make regularly for which they would want the extra range, so they wouldn't have to stop at all - and rely on destination charging - or only stop once perhaps. The money wasn't an issue for him, it was the flexibility of not having to stop and peace of mind when driving in colder temps when range is impacted.

This logic helped me avoid buying a used 60 because on a regular trip I make I would have to stop at 2 superchargers with the 60. And a simple 3-hour drive could not be completed in a straight shot - stop required.

Reactions: chriSharek