Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An update from the Netherlands, I was triggered by our UK friends that are getting OK's now. I called the SC, they checked it, knew what they were talking about and said it's not eligible. They specifically mentioned that this statement could change, because of a possible geo-roll out. They had no further details, but told me I could give a ring back if we see more cars getting uncorked. To be continued...

Just curious, has anyone like myself been put in limbo, “awaiting an update” before uncorking can be done?

I otherwise find it funny that a bunch of others are getting it done, but the Tesla engineers and designers are busy writing new firmware for my car, as if mine is some wildcat car that differs greatly from others.

I can understand if they’re wanting a more stable version if that’s the reason why so many uncorkings are not taking, I’m just curious if anyone else have been given this reason.

Just curious, has anyone like myself been put in limbo, “awaiting an update” before uncorking can be done?

I otherwise find it funny that a bunch of others are getting it done, but the Tesla engineers and designers are busy writing new firmware for my car, as if mine is some wildcat car that differs greatly from others.

I can understand if they’re wanting a more stable version if that’s the reason why so many uncorkings are not taking, I’m just curious if anyone else have been given this reason.

Is yours an early car, maybe on the cusp of old/new hardware? (eg the fuse/Gen 3 charger issue). That’s the only thing I can think of and grasping at straws tbh.

Went in for the uncorking yesterday in Vancouver and about 1 hour after leaving the car at the shop I got a call stating that they can't do it. Walked back to the service centre and told the usual BS about it depending on when it was built. I told the woman that what she was telling me was a myth. She did say that a few uncorkings were successful but lots of failures. Contacted fellow at HQ to get the situation sorted out... haven't heard a peep from him. Seems the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing at Tesla.

Oh my god the car is so quick! I couldn't stop laughing all the way home! I heard chirps and skid noises even accelerating from a roll. Only problem is I happened to watch dragtimes video of new 100D 0-60 in 3.5 on the day I got uncorked haha!
Oh well can't complain! Looks like the other models might be getting some love.
Melbourne and Sydney service were outstanding. Car is amazing.
Thanks Tesla!

• Funny
Reactions: dpskipper
With many thanks to plenty on here, pleased to confirm I’ve been successfully uncorked and, oh yes, it makes a helluva difference - and the car wasn’t slow before!

What I learned is that the VIN database of eligible and non eligible cars is inadequate to say the least. If you get a no the advice of my SC was to take the car in and they do a quick diagnostic check. I believe it is this one, as reported here:

the "PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER" has to be greater than 3 in CarLogs.

My power output has gone from 280 to 330 and my SoC was 60% when I PowerTools tested it.

Well done Tesla for the free upgrade but you could have handled the PR and comms so much better.

Last edited:
uk has started now... moving eastwards very slowly.....
in belgium , netherlands and germany, all cars are still uneligable...

I’d have a small bet that if you went to the Service Centre and asked them to run the diagnostic test they’d come back and say your car is eligible. The VIN list is hopelessly wrong, it’s been shown to be in States and I think in the UK. I’m sure my Service Centre only took my query seriously this time (having rejected me before) because they’d had a couple of cars in for routine services and ran the diagnostic check as part of the service. This led them to the conclusion that the VIN list was/is wrong.

If you recall the original press statement, Tesla said no need to make an appointment, it would be taken care of at the next routine visit to the SC. I suspect they didn’t want a deluge of owners suddenly arriving as the update process does take nearly 2 hours.

Went in for the uncorking yesterday in Vancouver and about 1 hour after leaving the car at the shop I got a call stating that they can't do it. Walked back to the service centre and told the usual BS about it depending on when it was built. I told the woman that what she was telling me was a myth. She did say that a few uncorkings were successful but lots of failures. Contacted fellow at HQ to get the situation sorted out... haven't heard a peep from him. Seems the left hand knows not what the right hand is doing at Tesla.

Service technicians just forgetting to set Performance to 1 would by my guess , which makes "uncorking" unsuccessful

Yeah, if the BS doesn’t cease by end of next week, I’m asking for my $2k back until they can get their act together. It’s otherwise wasted on an upgrade I didn’t need, and it chaffs me that I’m not making interest on it.