Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the consensus is that there are two variations of the 75kwh battery. One is uncorkable and the other not as of yet. What's the battery part number of yours that's getting uncorked now? Will the SC know that battery part number for the ineligible 75Ds?

This is a pic of my battery stickers. I hope it helps.

April/May 2017 build. 75D.

View media item 117467
If you have trouble seeing it, let me know.

• Informative
Reactions: phaduman
Created this little XLS to help track uncorking data. Can you please add yours in here? Thanks for all the details! I am waiting to hear back from my CS on my eligibility (fingers crossed!).

Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker

My Model S 75D (154XXX) delivered as an inventory car in September 2016 is eligible and scheduled for the upgrade on Thursday.

How do we look up our build date for your tracker? Thanks!

Update: My car wasn't taking the update over the air at the service center. It appears that it was driven into the service bay and was updated manually. I received a notification from the Tesla app that a software update had been completed, but as others have described, the version did not change. I'm on 42 ending in d5, iirc. Still waiting to see if all is good.

-DJ

Edit: I can overhear folks calling in about the update. These guys probably feel like this is a call center right now. I may have just heard them say that a 60D must be upgraded to a 75D if you want to be eligible now. I'm half deaf, so I may have misheard...

• Informative
Reactions: phaduman

Attachments

• 20171024_185144.jpg
    20171024_185144.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 62
More clarification from Corporate. I don't get the impression that any of the service centers outside of North America have been briefed yet.

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 (clarified Tuesday, October 24, 2017)​
  • This software update is only applicable to 75D (dual motor). The powertrain in RWD 75 Model S before June 19, 2017 was not designed to support the torque and current draw required to deliver the enhanced performance.
  • This update is focused exclusively on 75D. 60D and 70D customers need to pay for the range upgrade to 75D to even be eligible for uncorking as the enhanced performance update.
  • This was a global change, so Service teams in UK and Canada will have access to the same eligible VIN list. We are still rolling out the communication but I expect all teams to be caught up soon.
  • This update is best managed through a hardwired connection in Service…encourage those that want it to follow our recommended process.

Last edited:
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
More clarification from Corporate

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017​
  • This software update is only applicable to 75D (dual motor). The powertrain in RWD 75 Model S and X built before June 19, 2017 was not designed to support the torque and current draw required to deliver the enhanced performance.​
  • This was a global change, so Service teams in UK and Canada will have access to the same eligible VIN list. We are still rolling out the communication but I expect all teams to be caught up soon.​
  • This update is best managed through a hardwired connection in Service…encourage those that want it to follow our recommended process.​
i just talked to one of the service call center, he checked my vin 186xxx (mar 2017) RWD 75 Model S, not eligible.. >,< sad days..