Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all those that are wondering what criteria Tesla is using to qualify a car for uncorking vs not, I do believe that patience is
required.
When the 75's performance changed overnight on the Tesla website on July 1st, many people including myself called SC's, Fremont and many other customer service reps and started questioning. The difference and disparities with the answers from Tesla employees was almost a joke and completely not consistent.

This new uncorking event is only a few days old and many Tesla reps don't even know what the hell is going on...

Let this whole thing settle a bit and I am pretty sure more accurate answers will emerge as to which cars qualify, and so on.

-Fact- I just dropped off my car to get uncorked and the SA asked me if I had already paid for the upgrade?? When I told her that I thought
this was free when I made the appointment with the Service Manager, she said, "Oh, ok then"
Now imagine if she was the person picking up your call to answer questions you had about uncorking.

Just goes to prove that this whole thing is VERY , VERY new to all.

Hoping everyone is eligible to get Uncorked!

Final Update: I got called up to the service counter at about 12:30 ET and told that the car had been updated with the higher performance. They had me sign the work order and I was on my way.

The folks at Rockville at top-notch. 10/10, would visit again.

The new high-end for output is at ~330 KW, up from ~275 prior to the visit. Can you feel the difference? At speeds greater than 40, less so, but on take-off, oh yes. It pushed my cheeks back and gave me a slight sense of free-falling, something I had only experienced on a P85 or faster.

-DJ

Final Update: I got called up to the service counter at about 12:30 ET and told that the car had been updated with the higher performance. They had me sign the work order and I was on my way.

The folks at Rockville at top-notch. 10/10, would visit again.

The new high-end for output is at ~330 KW, up from ~275 prior to the visit. Can you feel the difference? At speeds greater than 40, less so, but on take-off, oh yes. It pushed my cheeks back and gave me a slight sense of free-falling, something I had only experienced on a P85 or faster.

-DJ
Congrats. Speed at 4.2 ish?

i’d be surprised if we can’t work this out from the car option codes, we can see battery pack variants etc. I looked at two cars in the uk earlier today and narrowed it down to about 6 potential codes that 8 couldn’t explain and I could do with some definitive data

If people could post their code string (you need to go into mytesla, look at the html for your car picture, and copy the string that usually stats AF00: APH2, etc... and say if you’ve ok to uncork or not we can see if there’s an obvious code.

i’d be surprised if we can’t work this out from the car option codes, we can see battery pack variants etc. I looked at two cars in the uk earlier today and narrowed it down to about 6 potential codes that 8 couldn’t explain and I could do with some definitive data

If people could post their code string (you need to go into mytesla, look at the html for your car picture, and copy the string that usually stats AF00: APH2, etc... and say if you’ve ok to uncork or not we can see if there’s an obvious code.
interesting...should add this to the spreadsheet in a column.