Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My April 2017 S75D was uncorked yesterday in Houston.
Battery 1088794 and Vin is 190xxx which I took delivery late night on 30 June 17 from inventory.
Updated performance configuration and software 2017.42 installed. Took around 40 min to complete and they did it while I waited.
Houston service center said just a few people have done it so far but they are expecting the rush to start soon.

We don't, but sometimes it's nice to know exactly what you bought :)

Unfortunately, it doesn't help much re. the uncorking as it just lists the battery as BXT5 with no model number. You need to climb under the car to get that info. (unless the sticker's fallen off) and even then it's inconclusive.

Judging by some of the previous posts, I'm getting the distinct feeling that some people at Tesla SC's don't even know the answers at the moment. A few people have reported that they were initially told "no", but were subsequently told "yes" after they pressed the matter.

I do wonder whether someone cleverer than me know's how to decode the battery serial numbers? That might shed some light on all of this.

...or TESLA could be proactive and post something on My Tesla for each of us to let us know whether we're eligible or not? Failing that, they could simply fire an email out to all owners of 75D's and let us know that way? Some clarity would be nice, instead of sitting here with everything crossed. It can't be that hard, can it?

Reactions: Swift
...or TESLA could be proactive and post something on My Tesla for each of us to let us know whether we're eligible or not? Failing that, they could simply fire an email out to all owners of 75D's and let us know that way? Some clarity would be nice, instead of sitting here with everything crossed. It can't be that hard, can it?

You can find out if you are eligible or not just by ringing a service centre and quoting the last 6 digits of your VIN. That's the easy bit. The hard bit is understanding why a cars built 6 months earlier than yours, or a car with the same VIN range as yours are eligible and you aren't.

That's the missing piece of the information at the moment and what's needed is some clarity from Tesla.

My April 2017 S75D was uncorked yesterday in Houston.
Battery 1088794 and Vin is 190xxx which I took delivery late night on 30 June 17 from inventory.
Updated performance configuration and software 2017.42 installed. Took around 40 min to complete and they did it while I waited.
Houston service center said just a few people have done it so far but they are expecting the rush to start soon.

Shame we couldn't see before and after but can you see if you have S32P S32C FMP6 and LLP2 in your options? The later two are pretty common on cars now, the first 2 are rare.

You can find out if you are eligible or not just by ringing a service centre and quoting the last 6 digits of your VIN. That's the easy bit. The hard bit is understanding why a cars built 6 months earlier than yours, or a car with the same VIN range as yours are eligible and you aren't.

That's the missing piece of the information at the moment and what's needed is some clarity from Tesla.
One challenge is that some SCs still have outdated information. You just don't know if they have the most up to date information / bulletin and that depends on location, person you speaking to, etc.

One challenge is that some SCs still have outdated information. You just don't know if they have the most up to date information / bulletin and that depends on location, person you speaking to, etc.
If you don't get the answer you think you should get, there is no harm in calling a different location. I wonder what kind of answer someone from the UK would get if they called a US service center.

I think for a real comparison you'd need a before and after uncork option codes. It's possible they removed an option code after uncorking. For example XYZ might mean (Performance Limited and Uncorkable) ;)
I kept a copy. The codes did not change for me from mid July until today, after uncorking. I suspect that like the actual battery (not just battery type code) and manufacture date, uncorking information is not in the options codes.

• Informative
Reactions: outie

if you have a 60d like we do you arent eligble period.....so callem them is of no use. ANd if you ask them if you give them 2k for the battery unlock will i be eligible then?? they still cant answer you on that.So 60d people needent even bother.

wow...now another data point. Its like a movie that keeps throwing twist and turns at the plot.
You can’t put much weight on what some guy at the SC says. There are many clueless people at the SCs. I’ll believe it when there’s an actual confirmed uncorked 60D, otherwise it’s not a valid data point.

There was even a member going back to the SC after uncork because it was not faster. SC claimed they didn’t do it correctly because it’s a new thing to them. So even if they told you it’s uncorked it might not be!

So I just called the SC and was told their bulletin said only builds after Sep '16 were eligible. Does anyone have a copy of the bulletin so I can have a leg to stand on when pressing the issue since several people here have reported uncorking with pre Sep'16 builds. Thanks! Hopefully when I go in Friday for another issue I have better luck!

true..I was just remarking that its all over the board with what sc are saying. The thing is i could see if these were opinion based results and data how it could be all over the board but its fact based technology either yes or no and why yes..why no..its really pretty cut and dry. The whole maybe concept here if you unlock the battery 1st then we can tell you is odd.

You can’t put much weight on what some guy at the SC says. There are many clueless people at the SCs. I’ll believe it when there’s an actual confirmed uncorked 60D, otherwise it’s not a valid data point.

There was even a member going back to the SC after uncork because it was not faster. SC claimed they didn’t do it correctly because it’s a new thing to them. So even if they told you it’s uncorked it might not be!
lol - indeed true.

Not a single 60D in the growing list of 35+ entries below, has got uncorked, yet.
Tesla Uncorking 75D Tracker