Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75DUncorked vs 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Ordered Model X 75D two weeks ago, waiting for late December delivery. But been thinking of switching my order to 100D. I would receive 100D sooner, first week of December. Only thing that is stopping me is the higher price haha.
I just dont know if i can justify it, new uncorked 75D is now as fast as the 100D. Only difference is the range. 60 Miles of extra range is nice, but not something i would need. Living in San Jose my commute is relevantly short. Maybe once a week to San Francisco (50 Mile one way). I cant see myself driving more than 150 miles in a day. Unless i am driving to LA but then both 75D and 100D would need to stop and charge. I might save 30 min with 100D (one less stop).
Now the question, will 100D receive a significant bump in performance to distinguish it from the 75D. Lets say 4s 0-60. I would then certainly change my order. Currently cant justify paying 18,000 dollars for pretty much identical car with only 60 more miles of range.

I had the same discussion in my mind for my model X. I ended up with the 75D. True range is king, but I couldn't justify $18k to claim that title. For bay area driving, 75D is more than enough - and even enough to make a day trip to big sur and back etc.

I wish there was a performance delta. I want to buy 100D but just dont see the point, its pretty much identical cars with one having more range. But i dont need more range. Maybe the 100D motors are not able to produce more power to get better numbers?

Watching Dragtimes video of a Model S100D doing a 0-60 in 3.6 seconds vs the claimed 4.1 seconds (half a second). Tesla gave a significant boost.
But reading other threads it doest look like Model X 100D has any more speed after the update. Claimed time 4.7 seconds is what users are getting? People should see the same boost (half a second). 0-60 times should be around 4 sec.

Atleast one owner already logged a 3.8 0-60 with his uncorked 75D so we’re talking a couple fractions of a second—marginal.

Personally the difference becomes wholly a range thing and isn’t quite the performance disparage that the corked 75 was vs 90/100D.