Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 audio issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the car went to 8.0 i'm having 2 issues right now.

The slacker radio sometimes refuses to play anything. I think its not getting a good 3g/4g connection. I never had this issue with previous software.

When slacker radio is working, the songs stop roughly 1 min before it reaches the end of the song and jumps to the next song.

I've reset the screens a few times by holding down both buttons but has not fixed the issue.

Anyone know of how to fix these 2 other than taking it back to tesla?

The only time I experienced this is when the X is between LTE and my wifi. When I leave my garage area (no wi-fi) then LTE works fine. However, I did have an issue of songs "locking up". That is no progress bar, and songs freezing. The Customer Service Center instructed to reboot both the Dash Display and the Center 17" display. I did, and the issue was completely resolved. To reboot the 17 center display press and hold both the 'thumb wheels' for a few seconds and release. To reboot the Dash display (in front of the steering wheel), press and hold both the top buttons above the thumb wheels for a few seconds and release. Good luck.